Trade Reddick Tonight

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

There is a 99.8% chance he is on the Jets opening day roster week 1... Beyond that it's a bunch of worthless arguments

Shhh trying to make a bet here!

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

No. My argument is that Reddick has a greater degree of “leverage” than the “zero” others are espousing.

Maybe the bet is that Reddick either gets a new deal or is traded before playing in a game for the Jets.

For a value of "new deal" that equates to how much of a bump in salary? If Reddick caves for "give me some easy to reach incentives that lets me get back to square 1", sure, the Jets will take that. A bump to 17m for the year or more, or a long term deal? Not gonna happen

6 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

For a value of "new deal" that equates to how much of a bump in salary? If Reddick caves for "give me some easy to reach incentives that lets me get back to square 1", sure, the Jets will take that. A bump to 17m for the year or more, or a long term deal? Not gonna happen

Make a proposal. I will note i get great pleasure from this “negotiation” as it shows the cracks in casual  messageboard confidence.  

2 minutes ago, EM31 said:

They are.

Tend to have a record of the losses 

It is indeed interesting that those who fight the most, and insult those with opposite views, suddenly turn into timid mice negotiating caveats upon caveats when there is money on the line. 

2 hours ago, jgb said:

We really need to hope - as always — for no DL injuries. Otherwise this entire leverage conversation could flip in a hurry. If I was in JD’s situation I’d work for a 1 year bandaid extension before that potentially happens. Of course, takes two to tango and I don’t know what Reddick is looking for.

I am not afraid of injuries.  I'll play Mckinley, McGregor.  Holmes.  They are stacked.  I would hope that Douglas already made a 1 year sweetener offer and I probably would not sweeten it any further.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

The wallet is always smarter than the mouth  

How many people have predicted he would sit out the season? I'm not sure I've seen a single person suggest that yet you come swinging in trying to bet he will eventually report 😅 My guy, please.

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

How many people have predicted he would sit out the season? I'm not sure I've seen a single person suggest that yet you come swinging in trying to bet he will eventually report 😅 My guy, please.

My prediction is there is a deal or trade before he plays a game for the Jets. I mean, you can frame it as you wish, but you’re walking back from your own words plain for all to see.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am not afraid of injuries.  I'll play Mckinley, MzzcGregor.  Holmes.  They are stacked.  I would hope that Dougkas already made a 1 year sweetener offer and I probably would not sweeten it any further.

Begs the question though why trade for Reddick’s the first place?

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

It is indeed interesting that those who fight the most, and insult those with opposite views, suddenly turn into timid mice negotiating caveats upon caveats when there is money on the line. 

LOL. I have never tried betting anyone from here.  If I want to make a bet I will make at the book price with a trusted outlet. 

LOL. I have never tried betting anyone from here.  If I want to make a bet I will make at the book price with a trusted outlet. 

I’m 11 for 11 on bets on here. All to charity. Over $5000. And these are bets that no bookie would give because yes I mercilessly take advantage of emotion. But again, all for charity.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Because the upside potential far outweighed the downside. If he shows up and plays lights out then it is still a winning bet.  The story is not over yet.

Because the upside potential far outweighed the downside. If he shows up and plays lights out then it is still a winning bet.  The story is not over yet.

So why not negotiate a one year bandaid extension as part of the deal? If he says “not interested” well, then you know he don’t wanna be here.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I’m 11 for 11 on bets on here. All to charity. Over $5000. And these are bets that no bookie would give because yes I mercilessly take advantage of emotion. But again, all for charity.

Not many of the good gamblers that I know would boast about like this.   So you are a bit of a first in terms of announcing your win rate. 

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

My prediction is there is a deal or trade before he plays a game for the Jets. I mean, you can frame it as you wish, but you’re walking back from your own words plain for all to see.

No. I'm not. Serious question. Have you been drinking?

47 minutes ago, jgb said:

No. My argument is that Reddick has a greater degree of “leverage” than the “zero” others are espousing.

I can’t see where he has any leverage here.  His value to the Jets is the extra pressure he may provide over what a McDonald etc might provide.  
While ultimately, with the additional pressure he may provide is there or not it comes down to the Jets will play opening day while as of today Reddick won’t be playing.  Jets will be working towards a playoff spot and beyond, Reddick is working towards nothing.  Jets will have an extra $18M and its cap space, with the freedom to use elsewhere, Reddick has $0, just a huge fine on his ledger sheet.  
All of this with no end in sight if the Jets hold him to the deal he signed.  

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

So why not negotiate a one year bandaid extension as part of the deal? If he says “not interested” well, then you know he don’t wanna be here.

Honest answer is that I believe they are negotiating now with a mind to contracts of Sauce, Garret and Breece.  This has to play out this way otherwise it creates weakness for the Jets.

1 minute ago, EM31 said:

Honest answer is that I believe they are negotiating now with a mind to contracts of Sauce, Garret and Breece.  This has to play out this way otherwise it creates weakness for the Jets.

I mean they should’ve had this discussion as a pre-condition to consummating trade with eagles 

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

I mean they should’ve had this discussion as a pre-condition to consummating trade with eagles 

I am sure some version of it did but we are not privy to those conversations.

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I can’t see where he has any leverage here.  His value to the Jets is the extra pressure he may provide over what a McDonald etc might provide.  
While ultimately, with the additional pressure he may provide is there or not it comes down to the Jets will play opening day while as of today Reddick won’t be playing.  Jets will be working towards a playoff spot and beyond, Reddick is working towards nothing.  Jets will have an extra $18M and its cap space, with the freedom to use elsewhere, Reddick has $0, just a huge fine on his ledger sheet.  
All of this with no end in sight if the Jets hold him to the deal he signed.  

Okay, let’s play this out. You think Reddick doesn’t have any leverage. Okay, so then it would impossible for his leverage to decrease since he has zero now. Therefore, the best time for JD to negotiate with him is right now, when his leverage is at definitional minimum (zero).

Only JD has refused to do that. He said I want you to report before I’ll even talk to your people. Well, why do you need to attach conditions to even hold a discussion with someone who you already have on the mat by the throat?

My point is this — I agree JD has Reddick pinned at the moment, so use the advantage to fix this. It is impossible for Reddick to go to “less than zero” leverage but injuries and other factors could actually shift some power back to him. JD should drop the “you must be here to talk to us” pretense and negotiate before something changes that actually strengthens Reddick’s position.

Leverage is useless until you leverage it.

25 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I am sure some version of it did but we are not privy to those conversations.

The point being if you can’t work the deal with Reddick you don’t finalize the trade with the Eagles. That’s what a pre-condition means.

The dumbass can sit and rot...

I would offer him much less money due to injury risk now and lack of training camp prep..

I missed the lineup of teams interested in Reddick....

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, sciond said:

The dumbass can sit and rot...

I would offer him much less money due to injury risk now and lack of training camp prep..

I missed the lineup of teams interested in Reddick....

Offer him less money than what? He’s under contract. If you mean trying to force a pay cut after trading for him below the salary he’s is already holding out from… yeah, good luck. Not only would that advance nothing, but it would also send a horrific signal to players and agents around the league.

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Offer him less money than what? He’s under contract. If you mean trying to force a pay cut after trading for him below the salary he’s is already holding out from… yeah, good luck. Not only would that advance nothing, but it would also send a horrific signal to players and agents around the league.

The message don't be a an idiot. Who cares about the message Jet were every agents doormats for years.

Second he is not a Jet. You have to show up to be one at least once.

subtract the fines from the new contract

and offer him that.....

many times team forgive fines in these situations. No concessions in this case

5 minutes ago, sciond said:

The message don't be a an idiot. Who cares about the message Jet were every agents doormats for years.

and offer him that.....

When do you propose to serve Reddick with this sh*tburger and what do you anticipate his response to be?

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

When do you propose to serve Reddick with this sh*tburger and what do you anticipate his response to be?

Same as it has been...

I am not showing up....

F-him

and offer him that.....

Every team knew he wanted the contract. Hell the story from Connor Hughes (who is Douglas’s mouthpiece through the beat) is teams were hanging up when they heard Reddicks demands, but we are supposed to believe that 31 other teams couldn’t convince him to play out his existing contract but somehow the Jets did?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

He is a nice piece and it was a bargain if he showed and played.  I think he and his agent overvalued him. He is a shrimp EDGE.  He is LB sized but can't play LB.  His market is small.  Philly was done with him.  I think the Jets and Niners are the other teams he fits well.   Sure he could play elsewhere but if he is solely DPR his value is down.  Sort of how the Jets saw Huff 

Also, look back and see my elaborate conspiracy theory that even @T0mShane finds ridiculous 

• Haha 1