League wide waivers cuts and transactions

32 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

ESPN Sources: Cowboys and All-Pro WR CeeDee Lamb reached agreement today on a record four-year, $136 million deal that now makes him the second highest-paid non-QB in NFL history. The deal includes a $38 million signing bonus, the largest ever given to a wide receiver.

Tory Dandy of CAA negotiated the deal with the Cowboys.

FYI - Dandy is Reddick's agent..

35a809ee32dd817b2492d9b9a97bffc2.jpg.9548f312db3a7e322df76fbbe1f9cca8.jpg

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, C Mart said:

ESPN Sources: Cowboys and All-Pro WR CeeDee Lamb reached agreement today on a record four-year, $136 million deal that now makes him the second highest-paid non-QB in NFL history. The deal includes a $38 million signing bonus, the largest ever given to a wide receiver.

Lamb was a guy that had a lot of leverage. The Cowboys absolutely needed him for them to be in contention. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Trotter said:

i always liked him and think he can be a good qb in this league in the right situation.

I watched him a few times in the UFL and he was dreadful. But maybe he would excel on the NFL level 🤔

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

John Metchie on the trade block. Worth looking into for the right price.

The Texans presently have 10 WRs on the roster.  There's no way they can keep more than 7, even if they trade Mechie.  The others are Stefon Diggs, Nico Collins, Tank Dell, Robert Woods, Noah Brown, Xavier Hutchinson, Ben Skowronek, Steven Sims and Quintez Cephus.   Any interest in any of the others?

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Wouldn’t it be best to keep him off an open market?

Oh no doubt, but you don't have to pay him Lamb numbers to do it, depending on how he does this season. 

On the flip side, the Giants and Nabers should be in the same boat as Wilson. He will put up good but not great numbers because he has calcified white dog sh*t throwing him the ball.

9 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

The Texans presently have 10 WRs on the roster.  There's no way they can keep more than 7, even if they trade Mechie.  The others are Stefon Diggs, Nico Collins, Tank Dell, Robert Woods, Noah Brown, Xavier Hutchinson, Ben Skowronek, Steven Sims and Quintez Cephus.   Any interest in any of the others?

These guys all suck outside of the top 3.  

12 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Oh no doubt, but you don't have to pay him Lamb numbers to do it, depending on how he does this season. 

On the flip side, the Giants and Nabers should be in the same boat as Wilson. He will put up good but not great numbers because he has calcified white dog sh*t throwing him the ball.

Try and focus here. Nabors is a rookie who hasn’t played a down in the NFL yet. We’re talking about Lamb and GW right now.

Lamb just scored a big deal, GW is probably the next big name WR (or one of them) up to bat. You really think the Lamb deal won’t have a huge bearing on his negotiations?

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Try and focus here. Nabors is a rookie who hasn’t played a down in the NFL yet. We’re talking about Lamb and GW right now.

Lamb just scored a big deal, GW is probably the next big name WR (or one of them) up to bat. You really think the Lamb deal won’t have a huge bearing on his negotiations?

Of course but it will also have an effect on the 20 other receivers between him and Lamb. And if Nabers puts up decent numbers (🤞with dog sh*t at QB) it will affect him too. 

You attemp to spin everything as a negative is truly comical especially when your team is a complete dumpster fire 😅 

Screenshot_20240826-153505_Chrome.jpg

6 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Of course but it will also have an effect on the 20 other receivers between him and Lamb. And if Nabers puts up decent numbers (🤞with dog sh*t at QB) it will affect him too. 

You attemp to spin everything as a negative is truly comical especially when your team is a complete dumpster fire 😅 

Screenshot_20240826-153505_Chrome.jpg

Ah, I didn’t realize you blame GW for his spot on that list. That explains a lot.

BTW you seem a lot more obsessed about the Giants than me. Are you sure you’re not wearing an Eli jersey in that hot tub right now?

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Dandy is supposedly the agent for Reddick.

53 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Lamb was a guy that had a lot of leverage. The Cowboys absolutely needed him for them to be in contention. 

That's a fair deal for him.  He had an absolute monster season last year.

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Ah, I didn’t realize you blame GW for his spot on that list. That explains a lot.

BTW you seem a lot more obsessed about the Giants than me. Are you sure you’re not wearing an Eli jersey in that hot tub right now?

I ******* hate the Giants. You were the one defending them constantly. So stop.

• Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Woods and Hutchinson 

As much as I would have loved to get Garrett Wilson done early, he’s a smart dude.  He was never negotiating a deal before playing a single season where Mike White was his best QB.

If the dude lives up to the hype surrounding him this year he will be making 30Mil a year, EZ-PZ.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Mogglez said:

As much as I would have loved to get Garrett Wilson done early, he’s a smart dude.  He was never negotiating a deal before playing a single season where Mike White was his best QB.

If the dude lives up to the hype surrounding him this year he will be making 30Mil a year, EZ-PZ.

I'm not sure that was even an option, was it??

55 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Stefon Diggs and Nico Collins.....for short money.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

22 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

It was not.  Teams can't redo rookie deals until after the player's 3rd season.  Next offseason is going to be a big challenge.  GW, Sauce, JJ2 and Breece will all be eligible for new deals.  Hopefully they will all have earned them.  We will have one more year of control on them and the 5th year option available on all but Breece.  So there is usually some wiggle room negotiating those deals when you do them after the 3rd year....well sometimes...depending on the player and the agnet.  

Rough guess, we're looking at about $80M or so in avg. annual value for those 4 guys if we do them all next year.  Then there's MC2.   Should be fun for whoever the GM is.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I mean…realistically?  No.  However, If he was coming off a monster year with Rodgers (last year), the Jets could have started talks.  Do I think they would have gone anywhere?  Nah.  Could they have done it and thrown him an offer to get ahead of the inevitable market reset?  Yeah.

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It was not.  Teams can't redo rookie deals until after the player's 3rd season.  Next offseason is going to be a big challenge.  GW, Sauce, JJ2 and Breece will all be eligible for new deals.  Hopefully they will all have earned them.  We will have one more year of control on them and the 5th year option available on all but Breece.  So there is usually some wiggle room negotiating those deals when you do them after the 3rd year....well sometimes...depending on the player and the agnet.  

Rough guess, we're looking at about $80M or so in avg. annual value for those 4 guys if we do them all next year.  Then there's MC2.   Should be fun for whoever the GM is.

My honest mistake; I thought they could do it after year two, going into a players 3rd season.

I’m sure that, behind the scenes, talks start much earlier, but I was not aware of the 3 year “requirement.”

Disregard @bicketybam

• Upvote 2