League wide waivers cuts and transactions

I think Hardee is gone.  People are whining about trading Codrington.  Who are you going to cut to bring back a 30 year old ST only player that could not even fill in at CB when our top 3 were injured?  Maybe as a mid-season replacement if they just need that particular skillset.  He did a great job in his time here, but if they wanted to keep him, they'd have kept him.

Right now is still the waiver period.  Teams can put in claims for anybody that is cut, but until they determine who gets what they are all subject.  Those guys all have to go on the 53, so you have to cut somebody.  I don't think vested veterans are subject to waivers, so some of the older guys might be able to sign.  I think the NFL processed them at noon. Once they process, these guys all become free agents and can sign anywhere and be added to practice squads. 

• Upvote 1

Cowboys signed RB Dalvin Cook, formerly of the Ravens.

Cook, who just turned 29, will start on the Dallas practice squad. He has struggled with a variety of injuries in recent years and has mostly been ineffective as a rusher and pass catcher since his banner 2020 season with the Vikings. Last year, Cook managed 215 yards on 67 carries for the Jets before landing with the Ravens at the end of the regular season. He also had 15 catches for 78 yards in 2023. Cook could emerge as the Cowboys’ lead back with Rico Dowdle and Ezekiel Elliott failing to seize the RB1 role in training camp. The most likely outcome remains a split backfield between some combination of Dowdle, Zeke, and Cook.
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

LightMode.png.c78745a0c4b23d1cd54ed9dfdb08e6ef.png

If you go to the top righthand corner of your Screen, if you're in Dark Mode, you'll see a light bulb icon there, just click on it.

If you see the little 1/4 moon as shown below, you're not in Dark Mode;

NotindarkMode.png.247b3523c768f8991610bd2f8cebdad7.png

Thanks, but I'm not in dark mode.  I've already checked that out.  Your post was the only one that was dark, and I wasn't the only one who saw it as dark.  Maybe it was a temporary forum glitch with the software.

6 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Thanks, but I'm not in dark mode.  I've already checked that out.  Your post was the only one that was dark, and I wasn't the only one who saw it as dark.  Maybe it was a temporary forum glitch with the software.

If you can tell me which post it was, I can try to repost it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

If you can tell me which post it was, I can try to repost it.

Thanks, it was your post of the Vikings cuts.  It's not necessary at this point, however.  I saw them elsewhere.  I appreciate the offer, however.  For whatever reason that post is still dark.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Not sure if this was posted already : https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-signing-four-time-pro-bowl-rb-dalvin-cook

:D 

(Just spotted it was posted ... didn't see it because of the above "dark mode" issue ;-) ).

It was, funny thing is, he's only signed to Dallas's practice squad.....LOL.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Cowboys signed RB Dalvin Cook, formerly of the Ravens.

Cook, who just turned 29, will start on the Dallas practice squad. He has struggled with a variety of injuries in recent years and has mostly been ineffective as a rusher and pass catcher since his banner 2020 season with the Vikings. Last year, Cook managed 215 yards on 67 carries for the Jets before landing with the Ravens at the end of the regular season. He also had 15 catches for 78 yards in 2023. Cook could emerge as the Cowboys’ lead back with Rico Dowdle and Ezekiel Elliott failing to seize the RB1 role in training camp. The most likely outcome remains a split backfield between some combination of Dowdle, Zeke, and Cook.

Geez, Zeke and Cook are your RBs? 
Fail Old Man GIF

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Not a transaction but I've been reading their OL has been decimated with injuries. This could just add to it. Trade?

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

More Steelers news: Pittsburgh’s starting guard Isaac Seumalo left practice today with an apparent pectoral injury and is undergoing tests to determine the severity of the injury, per sources.

Tim Boyle to the Dolphins PS

Dolphins signed QB Tim Boyle, formerly of the Texans, to their practice squad.

Boyle was released by the Texans on Tuesday. The 29-year-old will join the Dolphins as their third quarterback.

Transaction
  • Haha 3

Cardinals re-signed RB Michael Carter to their practice squad.

Carter will stay in the Arizona organization even after being waived by the team Tuesday during final cuts. The 25-year-old isn’t likely to see many — if any — touches for Arizona to begin the year.

Transaction
27m ago
  • Upvote 1

Brock Bowers (foot) did not participate in practice Wednesday.

Bowers is still battling a sore foot, and it’s kept the 13th pick of this year’s draft out of action since August 18. The 21-year-old has enormous talent and has a chance to be a TE1 in his rookie campaign, but fantasy managers should keep a close eye on his status in the coming days. Michael Mayer makes a lot of sense as an insurance policy.

Injury

Damien Woody @damienwoody
Well then…

Kelsey Conway @KelseyLConway
Ja’Marr Chase just got to practice 13 minutes after it started in street clothes. It appears he isn’t practicing today a day after Zac Taylor said he was going to continue to practice

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Damien Woody @damienwoody
Well then…

Kelsey Conway @KelseyLConway
Ja’Marr Chase just got to practice 13 minutes after it started in street clothes. It appears he isn’t practicing today a day after Zac Taylor said he was going to continue to practice

Ja’Marr Chase (contract) is not participating at practice for the Bengals on Wednesday.

Bengals coach Zac Taylor told reporters that Chase would practice in full all week. So much for that. The star wideout did attend the workout, but in street clothes rather than as a participant. This doesn’t mean Chase won’t be able to play in Week 1 or anything of the sort, but it’s a situation that has to be monitored.

Injury

Bills GM Brandon Beane told reporters Wednesday that the team is “cautiously optimistic” that Mitchell Trubisky won’t need to be placed on injured reserve.

Beane did also caution that they won’t know for sure until they see Trubisky practice, so it can’t be ruled out. The 30-year-old backup injured his knee during the early portion of camp. If he’s unable to go, the Bills will likely go with Mike White as the backup to Josh Allen after White was signed to the practice squad by Buffalo on Tuesday.

Related

Mike_White_741785. copy.jpgMike White

Injury

Bears signed LB Micah Baskerville, OL Theo Benedet,TE Stephen Carlson, DL Byron Cowart, OL Jake Curhan, WR Collin Johnson, DB Quindell Johnson, LB Carl Jones, DL Jamree Kromah, DL Dashaun Mallory, DB Tarvarius Moore, QB Austin Reed, DB Reddy Steward and DB Ro Torrence to their practice squad.

Reed battled for the backup quarterback job despite being an UDFA out of Western Kentucky, and while he lost that competition to Tyson Bagent, he’ll stay in the organization.

Transaction

Packers just cut Greg Joseph and replaced him with a waiver claim from Tennessee, only a few days after cutting their younger draft pick kicker in favour of Joseph.

The life of an NFL kicker, I guess.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

go sign this dude JD

I don't think he has to go through waivers.  I think he's a vested vet and can sign with anyone.  I'd love to add him, but don't think the Jets have the cap space unless they trade Reddick.

EDIT:  Sorry, I was wrong.  Marshall has only been in the NFL for 3 years, and he cleared waivers.  The Jets can sign him if they want to and he wants to sign here.

3 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

I don't think he has to go through waivers.  I think he's a vested vet and can sign with anyone.  I'd love to add him, but don't think the Jets have the cap space unless they trade Reddick.

don't you have to have 4 years to be a vested vet? in any case, if he cleared waivers the same would be true, no?

btw, I think an opportunity to revive your career playing w/Aaron Rodgers would be pretty enticing.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

don't you have to have 4 years to be a vested vet? in any case, if he cleared waivers the same would be true, no?

I believe that you're correct that it's 4 years.  My bad.  I thought that Marshall had been in the NFL for 4 years, but it's only been 3. 

Yes, but I still would be surprised if the Jets have the cap space in which to sign him.  Maybe I'm mistaken about the contract.  Since he was waived, would the team that signs him have to sign him to a new contract, or would his rookie contract continue?

7 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

I believe that you're correct that it's 4 years.  My bad.  I thought that Marshall had been in the NFL for 4 years, but it's only been 3. 

Yes, but I still would be surprised if the Jets have the cap space in which to sign him.  Maybe I'm mistaken about the contract.  Since he was waived, would the team that signs him have to sign him to a new contract, or would his rookie contract continue?

@Sperm Edwards

21 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

do you really thing he'll command that much? his career is basically hanging from a thread at this point. Might be able to get him on the practice squad cheapo.

Lions signed WR Donovan Peoples-Jones to their practice squad.

Peoples-Jones was released as part of final roster cuts Tuesday but resurfaces with the team on their practice squad a day later. It would take a lot for DPJ to find his way onto the active 53-man roster on game days without significant injuries in Detroit.

5m ago

ESPN’s Field Yates reports Lions signed WR Allen Robinson to their practice squad.

It’s hard to believe that it’s been four years since Robinson amassed a whopping 102 receptions with the Bears in 2020. The veteran pass-catcher has bounced around the league during the subsequent three years, spending time with the Rams and Steelers after leaving Chicago following the 2021 season. He spent under four months with the Giants before being released Tuesday during final roster cuts.

9m ago
Source: Field Yates

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

do you really thing he'll command that much? his career is basically hanging from a thread at this point. Might be able to get him on the practice squad cheapo.

No, I was totally wrong about this kid.  My comments were based on how he was viewed coming out of LSU.  I hadn't kept up with him in the NFL and had assumed that he had been really good in the NFL so far since he was so good at LSU, but I just took a look at his career stats - 1 TD ad 797 yards in 3 years.  The Jets may not even want him on the PS.  They should be able to get him cheap on the PS, but there may be character concerns or off-field issues with him of which I'm not aware.  At this point I think I might rather they sign Noah Brown.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Was drafted 2021. Not vested. So he went unclaimed..

On 8/27/2024 at 2:57 PM, mrcoops said:

The Pack cut both Pratt and last year's draftee Sean Clifford, who were in a battle for the backup job this year. 

Got to figure one will re-sign to their PS and the other one will remain available. Would either of those guys be preferable to Martinez for our PS QB? Who knows...

PewterReport @PewterReport

The #Bucs are signing former Tulane QB Michael Pratt to their practice squad. Pratt was the No. 3 QB in Green Bay and was released.

• Upvote 1