Reddick posts workout video

30 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm jusI doubt this is true.  At least I hope it isn't.  That Joe Douglas traded for a player that wasn't going to play for one of the best organizations in football under his current contract and then expect him to play for the Jets under that same contract.  That would have been an all-time poor GM decision.

It makes no sense to bring in a player who wants to be at the very pinnacle of the market for edge rushers when you have a pipeline of homegrown young talent in house (Johnson and a bit further back McDonald) who you hope to reach the same level.  You certainly don't do that is if you know you have three or four bona fide superstars already in house at other positions who you know you are going to need to pay.

On the other hand given the age of the QB and in a year where the team might be looking to make a deep run in the post season it makes perfect sense to have a one year rental of a top edge rusher.  This is not about how Reddick feels about the situation it is about building a sustainable program.  Paying Reddick is not consistent with that aim.

Remember that yes, the Jets are looking to use Reddick this year but he is also looking to use the team and its defense as a platform for his audition.

t not sure this is as cut and dry as people make it out to be - it's not like he wasn't good last year.   I'm not saying it's the likeliest scenario just that it's certainly possible. High impact Edge rushers are hard to come by.  His agent will be able to make the case of what his decision was and why he made it - "Jets made promises" etc...  Jets will cut him next year, he'll become a FA and sign a big deal with the right team.

Rightly or wrongly Reddick is being perceived as a bit of a malcontent and a loose canon. Nobody really knows what he is likely to do.  You can argue (and I have) that he may have been screwed over a bit by the Eagles but it was the Eagles that did that and not the Jets.  I would argue that 25m-26m a year over three years with a large signing bonus puts him into the ultra-premium category.  Nick Bosa land

For that kind of money you want not only premiums statistics but also a high character guy, team leader and solid citizen.  He may be a team leader type I have no idea but he has never been a team leader here.  I just don't see how refusing to live up to the terms of a contract that you signed just two years before is an example of a high character guy.  

I don't think these things can be explained away to other GMs.  They can be explained away while agreeing to take less money.  Maybe.

4 minutes ago, EM31 said:

It makes no sense to bring in a player who wants to be at the very pinnacle of the market for edge rushers when you have a pipeline of homegrown young talent in house (Johnson and a bit further back McDonald) who you hope to reach the same level.  You certainly don't do that is if you know you have three or four bona fide superstars already in house at other positions who you know you are going to need to pay.

You would think this is the case - but it does seem to be precisely what Joe Douglas did. 

5 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I would argue that 25m-26m a year over three years with a large signing bonus puts him into the ultra-premium category.  Nick Bosa land

I agree.  We really don't know what he's asking though.  I've seen nothing to say $25mm other than on JN.   Yes, he's not Nick Bosa, but he is a top 10 to 15 edge rusher and, if you traded for him, you should expect to pay him fair market value. 

All I'm saying is I want this guy playing.  He's good and this team has a chance to be good.   Figure it out and get him in house.  My point is, I have to believe JD believed he was going to have to renegotiate and had to assume fair market is where they need to be (anything else would make it absurd to have traded for him) so paying him can't be the actual issue.  It seems the issue is  "I won't negotiate unless he's here"  IMO that's not the hill to die on in a year like this - but it's the only logical conclusion I can come to for why this has continued.

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

As far as teams looking to sign him next year, I hear that a lot on this board, and it always sounds silly to me.

Just look at our WR2 who is coming off knee surgery, yet we signed him to a new contract. Then look at our QB… he’s coming off a missed season (less 4 plays) is anyone saying we shouldn’t pay/keep him?

Every year there are plenty of other FA’s coming off long term injury being signed to contracts. Reddick is 100% healthy, and other GMs will be aware of why he didn’t play a half or even full season. If they have a need at his position, he’ll be in demand.

Teams are not lining up looking to sign him to a 25 million dollar multi year contract that he reportedly wants. That is why he was traded for a 2026 3rd rounder. We gave Williams a 1 year 10 million dollar contract and WR is a position of need. That is a far cry from the 75 million dollars( or more) that Reddick wants. It is highly unlikely he will get anywhere near what he is supposedly seeking. 

31 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Teams are not lining up looking to sign him to a 25 million dollar multi year contract that he reportedly wants. That is why he was traded for a 2026 3rd rounder. We gave Williams a 1 year 10 million dollar contract and WR is a position of need. That is a far cry from the 75 million dollars( or more) that Reddick wants. It is highly unlikely he will get anywhere near what he is supposedly seeking. 

We’ll have to wait and see what his next deal looks like, but my point about Williams was teams take chances on guys coming off season ending injury in FA every year.
They’re not going to avoid a guy who is 100% healthy and one of the best at his craft just because he had a contract dispute with a team that traded for him.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

We’ll have to wait and see what his next deal looks like, but my point about Williams was teams take chances on guys coming off magor injury in FA. They’re not going to avoid a guy because he had a contract dispute with a team that traded for him.

If he sits the year out or half asses it, they aren't giving him the long term deal he wants though. It's not the same.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

We’ll have to wait and see what his next deal looks like, but my point about Williams was teams take chances on guys coming off magor injury in FA. They’re not going to avoid a guy because he had a contract dispute with a team that traded for him.

They are if he wants 75 million. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You would think this is the case - but it does seem to be precisely what Joe Douglas did. 

I agree.  We really don't know what he's asking though.  I've seen nothing to say $25mm other than on JN.   Yes, he's not Nick Bosa, but he is a top 10 to 15 edge rusher and, if you traded for him, you should expect to pay him fair market value. 

All I'm saying is I want this guy playing.  He's good and this team has a chance to be good.   Figure it out and get him in house.  My point is, I have to believe JD believed he was going to have to renegotiate and had to assume fair market is where they need to be (anything else would make it absurd to have traded for him) so paying him can't be the actual issue.  It seems the issue is  "I won't negotiate unless he's here"  IMO that's not the hill to die on in a year like this - but it's the only logical conclusion I can come to for why this has continued.

We are not privy to the discussions and I am sure there channels when both sides are ready to talk.  I am sure there have been messages despite what some are reporting.  If it winds up being week 6 before he come in then that is what it is and he can kiss goodbye to any kind of big deal at the end of the year in that case.  That would not be explainable.

If JD needs to give a fig leaf so that he can cover his embarrassment when he caves then fine but no 3-year deal.  We don't need him for three years we need him for just one.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

If he sits the year out or half asses it, they aren't giving him the long term deal he wants though. It's not the same.

He knows he’s going to get enough to not gamble with his health playing on a non guaranteed $14 mil deal apparently.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

They are if he wants 75 million. 

Did he tells you what he wants? @Mogglez said it was reported he wants $25 this year, @bicketybam listed the salary of the top 5 at his position, so is that really unreasonable?

Let’s say you’re right, and he doesn’t get 75, but he gets 3/62 with 42 guaranteed next offseason. Would you risk your tearing your ACL and losing that playing on a one year non guaranteed $14 mil for a team that obviously doesn’t want you back?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Did he tells you what he wants? @Mogglez said it was reported he wants $25 this year, @bicketybam listed the salary of the top 5 at his position, so is that really unreasonable?

Let’s say you’re right, and he doesn’t get 75, but he gets 3/62 with 42 guaranteed next offseason. Would you risk your tearing your ACL and losing that playing on a one year non guaranteed $14 mil for a team that obviously doesn’t want you back?

Do you think if Douglas just guarantees the salary he will come play? Do you think that's the hold up?

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Let’s say you’re right, and he doesn’t get 75, but he gets 3/62 with 42 guaranteed next offseason. Would you risk your ACL playing on a non guaranteed $14 mil for a team that obviously doesn’t want you back?

Well 3 years at 25 mil equals 75 million. This is a reasonable assumption as to what he is seeking and the Jets are balking at. Who said that this year would be not guaranteed? It has also been reported the Jets were willing to guarantee the 14 million which makes sense after spending a 2026 3rd rounder to get him. It's reasonable to assume they would not expect him to play on a non guaranteed contract this year. They are just not willing to sign him to a multi year expensive contract. 

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Do you think if Douglas just guarantees the salary he will come play? Do you think that's the hold up?

No idea at this point. 🤷‍♂️

I obviously don’t know what was talked about prior to him holding out. I would love it if he did, but who knows where either party is now?
Maybe JD doesn’t want to do that, or maybe Reddick and his agent drew the line when they asked for a trade.

No idea at this point. 🤷‍♂️

I obviously don’t know what was talked about prior to him holding out. I would love it if he did, but who knows where either party is now?
Maybe JD doesn’t want to do that, or maybe Reddick and his agent drew the line when they asked for a trade.

I highly doubt that's the hold up. He wants his long term deal now because he has no confidence that he will get it next year at 31. And the Jets have no plans on giving him a multi year deal. They could probably offer him 25 mil for the year and he'd say no. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Well 3 years at 25 mil equals 75 million. This is a reasonable assumption as to what he is seeking and the Jets are balking at. Who said that this year would be not guaranteed? It has also been reported the Jets were willing to guarantee the 14 million which makes sense after spending a 2026 3rd rounder to get him. It's reasonable to assume they would not expect him to play on a non guaranteed contract this year. They are just not willing to sign him to a multi year expensive contract. 

You keep saying “it has been reported the Jets would…” when it’s pro Jets, and “Reddick is reportedly asking…” when it makes Reddick’s position seem unreasonable. Why is that? 
It’s funny, I’ve never seen JD or Reddick comment on any type of terms.

53 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We really don't know what he's asking though.  I've seen nothing to say $25mm other than on JN.

What??

https://sny.tv/articles/haason-reddick-jets-holdout-contract

The Jets were open to a contract extension making Reddick one of the league’s highest-paid edge rushers (he wants a deal between $25 million and $28 million annually), but there was an understanding between the Jets and Reddick that in order to receive that, Reddick needed to show up and perform on the field (regular season games), SNY learned. The Jets were not willing to rip up Reddick’s current deal until that point. They were, however, willing to do an extension in-season, similar to when they rewarded defensive end John Franklin-Myers in October of 2021.

In the meantime, they could adjust Reddick’s current contract: Converting unguaranteed money to guaranteed, adding in incentives.

Reddick, who has double-digit sacks each of the last four seasons, was on board. He told Jets brass he would attend the offseason program, minicamp and training camp. Early-season dominance would lead to the desired extension.

Then Reddick didn’t show up for the voluntary portion of the Jets offseason. He skipped mandatory minicamp. He is now a no-show for the start of training camp. The Jets are not willing to negotiate any extension until Reddick shows up. Reddick does not want to show up until he receives a long-term extension.

This leak is BEFORE the Jets traded for him:

Here's another, again from before the Jets traded for him:

There's more out there if you went to this site called google.com that you've never heard of apparently.

But yeah, those numbers were found only on JN. 🙄

• Upvote 3

For him to play week one he needs to fly in by Sunday and sign and take the physical etc.  

Monday at the latest. 

We wake up next Tuesday and it’s not over, same process repeats every week 

6 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I highly doubt that's the hold up. He wants his long term deal now because he has no confidence that he will get it next year at 31. And the Jets have no plans on giving him a multi year deal. They could probably offer him 25 mil for the year and he'd say no. 

All your conjecture there aside, your last sentence made me chuckle.

I’d be shocked and the head cheerleader on the “Reddick is an idiot” team if he turned down a guaranteed $25 mil this year. (and if you’re being honest, you would be just as shocked as me.)

You keep saying “it has been reported the Jets would…” when it’s pro Jets, and “Reddick is reportedly asking…” when it makes Reddick’s position seem unreasonable. Why is that? 
It’s funny, I’ve never seen JD or Reddick comment on any type of terms.

I'm just commenting on what I have heard and read over the past few months. Doesn't it make sense the Jets wouldn't expect him to play on a non guaranteed contract after trading for him? If you truly believe the holdout is over the guarantee of money this year I have a bridge to sell you. This is most certainly about the fact that he is looking for a highly paid contract that takes him to the age of 33 or 34. That's a slippery slope for any team when it comes to an edge rusher. 

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What??

https://sny.tv/articles/haason-reddick-jets-holdout-contract

The Jets were open to a contract extension making Reddick one of the league’s highest-paid edge rushers (he wants a deal between $25 million and $28 million annually), but there was an understanding between the Jets and Reddick that in order to receive that, Reddick needed to show up and perform on the field (regular season games), SNY learned. The Jets were not willing to rip up Reddick’s current deal until that point. They were, however, willing to do an extension in-season, similar to when they rewarded defensive end John Franklin-Myers in October of 2021.

In the meantime, they could adjust Reddick’s current contract: Converting unguaranteed money to guaranteed, adding in incentives.

Reddick, who has double-digit sacks each of the last four seasons, was on board. He told Jets brass he would attend the offseason program, minicamp and training camp. Early-season dominance would lead to the desired extension.

Then Reddick didn’t show up for the voluntary portion of the Jets offseason. He skipped mandatory minicamp. He is now a no-show for the start of training camp. The Jets are not willing to negotiate any extension until Reddick shows up. Reddick does not want to show up until he receives a long-term extension.

This leak is BEFORE the Jets traded for him:

Here's another, again from before the Jets traded for him:

There's more out there if you went to this site called google.com that you've never heard of apparently.

But yeah, those numbers were found only on JN. 🙄

I only read the first, but… I’m assuming the rest are all the same type of conjecture? 

BTW since it’s the only one I read, Is this Jake Rabadi one of Reddick’s agents? Does he work for the Eagles? Do you believe everything a person who says “it’s my understanding” when they’re talking about someone else?

When signed I would have liked Reddick on the team too.  That being said, and I have said it before, there was an understanding that he would have to show up and prove that he deserved the extension.  My biggest problem is that it doesn't really matter if he is elite or above average vs the guy that's been on campus for the whole training camp, busting his ass and forming a relationship with his teammates.....  For once I feel like the team is more about one individual and this particular individual can suck a fat one for all I care.  You can't honestly tell me that any member of the team is going to respect him for not showing up.  That is what ultimately matters.

8 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I'm just commenting on what I have heard and read over the past few months. Doesn't it make sense the Jets wouldn't expect him to play on a non guaranteed contract after trading for him? If you truly believe the holdout is over the guarantee of money this year I have a bridge to sell you. This is most certainly about the fact that he is looking for a highly paid contract that takes him to the age of 33 or 34. That's a slippery slope for any team when it comes to an edge rusher. 

He’s going to get paid through age 34 anyway. Nobody thinks it will be here though.
Why do some of you keep thinking that’s what he’s asking for?He wants out of here asap. He asked to be traded. He doesn’t want to stick around.

Just now, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

When signed I would have liked Reddick on the team too.  That being said, and I have said it before, there was an understanding that he would have to show up and prove that he deserved the extension.  My biggest problem is that it doesn't really matter if he is elite or above average vs the guy that's been on campus for the whole training camp, busting his ass and forming a relationship with his teammates.....  For once I feel like the team is more about one individual and this particular individual can suck a fat one for all I care.  You can't honestly tell me that any member of the team is going to respect him for not showing up.  That is what ultimately matters.

So you want them to trade him? He wants that also. At this point why not just do it?

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I only read the first, but… I’m assuming the rest are all the same type of conjecture? 

BTW since it’s the only one I read, Is this Jake Rabadi one of Reddick’s agents? Does he work for the Eagles? Do you believe everything a person who says “it’s my understanding” when they’re talking about someone else?

It's multiple sources going back to leaks from two franchises. But continue arguing it's the same as nothing unless you personally are in the room, or until Reddick comes out and says, "Yes I admit I totally lied to the Jets and their fans about my intentions. But pay me more and I'll start telling the truth, I promise."

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

So you want them to trade him? He wants that also. At this point why not just do it?

At this point, I honestly don't care.  If he is so eager to move on, trade him for something that will make the team better and save the cash for the deadline.  I honestly don't think for one second that he is going to make or break this defense.  I'm not saying I am right, I am just totally fed up with guys that commit to something and back out.  I'd rather not have him.  I would be totally fine if the last green uniform I saw him in had a Bird on it.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Hard to trade him at this point, considering the Jets were apparently the only team to “not hang up the phone” when the they heard how much he wanted 

He’s going to get paid through age 34 anyway. Nobody thinks it will be here though.
Why do some of you keep thinking that’s what he’s asking for?He wants out of here asap. He asked to be traded he doesn’t want to stick around.

Because that is what has been reported for months from several sources. Why don't you believe any of it? It doesn't fit your narrative? Bottom line any team that pays him to age 34 for what he is supposedly asking for deserves what they get. Age is a very important factor in all of this especially with an edge rusher that depends on speed. We will see how this situation unfolds. I do think Mr Reddick is going to be quite disappointed. 

30 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It's multiple sources going back to leaks from two franchises. But continue arguing it's the same as nothing unless you personally are in the room, or until Reddick comes out and says, "Yes I admit I totally lied to the Jets and their fans about my intentions. But pay me more and I'll start telling the truth, I promise."

If you go back and look when I entered this thread last night, I’ve said all along I think he wants 3/75, and I think that’s a reasonable ask for a guy like him.

What I continue to think is silly though is all the people talking about these supposed “understandings” between Reddick and the Jets that hinged on him reporting, as if they know them for a fact.

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

Because that is what has been reported for months from several sources. Why don't you believe any of it? It doesn't fit your narrative? Bottom line any team that pays him to age 34 for what he is supposedly asking for deserves what they get. Age is a very important factor in all of this especially with an edge rusher that depends on speed. We will see how this situation unfolds. I do think Mr Reddick is going to be quite disappointed. 

Is this not what Joe Douglas was going to do if he came in to camp and played well or whatever?

4 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Hard to trade him at this point, considering the Jets were apparently the only team to “not hang up the phone” when the they heard how much he wanted 

Hard to trade him? We gave up a 2026 3rd round pick to get him. Thatsthe equivalent of a 6th rounder.

He asked to be traded. Rather than JD digging in his heels, just tell his agent to go out and bring me back a deal to a team Reddick will agree to go play for.

Then use the freed up money they have however it helps the team.

1 minute ago, GangGreened said:

Is this not what Joe Douglas was going to do if he came in to camp and played well or whatever?

Not really. It's likely they were going to guarantee this year and maybe talk about an extension but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been for 3 or 4 years at 25 mil per. 

35 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

All your conjecture there aside, your last sentence made me chuckle.

I’d be shocked and the head cheerleader on the “Reddick is an idiot” team if he turned down a guaranteed $25 mil this year. (and if you’re being honest, you would be just as shocked as me.)

Not really 

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Hard to trade him? We gave up a 2026 3rd round pick to get him. Thatsthe equivalent of a 6th rounder.

He asked to be traded. Rather than JD digging in his heels, just tell his agent to go out and bring me back a deal to a team Reddick will agree to go play for.

Then use the freed up money they have however it helps the team.

I just stated why it will be hard to trade him. There has to be a team willing to give him what he wants, and apparently Joe Douglas was the only GM willing to entertain it. Whether that’s true or not, I don’t know, but I’d 100% ship him out if it was up to me.

2 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

I just stated why it will be hard to trade him. There has to be a team willing to give him what he wants, and apparently Joe Douglas was the only GM willing to entertain it. Whether that’s true or not, I don’t know, but I’d 100% ship him out if it was up to me.

Maybe they think he is going to have to play at some point this year so they would rather have him on the team at some point then try to trade him. It may be hard to get what they paid for him.