Francesa eviscerates Joe Douglas on Reddick

On 9/2/2024 at 10:07 PM, Rich Thornburgh said:

Victor Green is one of the greatest jets of all time and the greatest safety that has ever played for the jets but let’s reduce his 8 year career here to one play.  Revis sucked too because of week 17 2015

Kerry Rhodes was better.  Best hetrosexual Safety in Jets history.  

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Kerry Rhodes was better.  Best hetrosexual Safety in Jets history.  

Shafer Suggs was the greatest Jets safety ever.

-BP

President and only member of the shafer Suggs fan club

Huff was part of the 2020 draft class as a undrafted free agent. Granted he signed somewhere else, but is a marquee pass rusher. He lessens the blow on missing on that draft class.

Yes, he missed on Mekhi and Zach but found suitable replacements in Tyron Smith and Aaron Rodgers. Would you agree?

No you draft for long term, those are short term fixes to save his job. Tyron will not be here next season.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

No you draft for long term, those are short term fixes to save his job. Tyron will not be here next season.

I just looked and 20+ players JD drafted that are either on the team right now that are contributing to the team or are stars like Sauce, Garrett, Breece, etc. This roster was in shambles when Mcags left I get the OL discussion on how it could have been a better outcome, but where hasn't JD set us up for the long-term future and success of the team? I think you guys just look at the win-loss record and love to be miserable I truly do.  JD could fart rainbows and sunshine and still get crapped on it's truly remarkable.

• Upvote 1

I just looked and 20+ players JD drafted that are either on the team right now that are contributing to the team or are stars like Sauce, Garrett, Breece, etc. This roster was in shambles when Mcags left I get the OL discussion on how it could have been a better outcome, but where hasn't JD set us up for the long-term future and success of the team? I think you guys just look at the win-loss record and love to be miserable I truly do.  JD could fart rainbows and sunshine and still get crapped on it's truly remarkable.

He had one fantastic all time draft. Otherwise, he whiffed on a franchise quarterback and has been generally awful in free agency. He has cleared up some of it this year (52 million in dead money) but we need to stop acting like this is some all time roster. They haven’t played yet and yes, the win- loss record is all that matters. That’s why you play sports is to win the game. Hello!

2 hours ago, ToonforPrez said:

Do you not think winning and losing matters?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Do you not think winning and losing matters?

I think changing a culture and getting rid of the stink has to come first before anything else. This roster was horrendous 3-4 years ago and it takes time to bring in the right guys to change the direction within the Organization. Why aren't we talking about the niners screwing up the lance QB pick or the Jags with LAWRENCE who has not even lived up to the hype they set upon him?  Seems everyone just wants to play the old SOJF when they are probably not able to do the job of GM just saying. Alot of old dudes drinking that warm milk before bed screaming at the Televison.    

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

ha yea kinda

Without any detailed reasoning as of why though right? There has to be some explanation correct? seems a lot of armchair GMs on this site it's scary. I'm not a Football expert/savant like a lot of you guys I just notice it's the same rhetoric every single day by the same tired and old posts that go up. 

3 hours ago, ToonforPrez said:

I think you guys just look at the win-loss record

5 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

Without any detailed reasoning as of why though right? There has to be some explanation correct?

You want "detailed reasoning as of why" we are concerned with Wins versus Losses?  I'll do my best, but it has to do with the fact that making the playoffs is directly correlated to how many Wins your team has during the regular season.  Furthermore, in order to win a Super Bowl, a team has to Win every single one of its playoff games (it cannot lose a single one of them).

Perhaps you're in a NFL GM Fantasy League, where you get points when the GM makes a good draft pick every few years?  The rest of us are concerned with, yes, the Jets' win-loss record.

4 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

I think changing a culture and getting rid of the stink has to come first before anything else.

The stink is very much still there.  This team has been awful under JD.

5 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

This roster was horrendous 3-4 years ago and it takes time to bring in the right guys to change the direction within the Organization.

Again, the roster looks to be better for sure.  But as for their record.  JD has been worse than Mac.

6 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

Why aren't we talking about the niners screwing up the lance QB pick or the Jags with LAWRENCE who has not even lived up to the hype they set upon him?

Because they win.  If the Jets went to the Super Bowl last year no one would be questioning JD.

7 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

Seems everyone just wants to play the old SOJF when they are probably not able to do the job of GM just saying

I might not be able to be a better GM than Joe Douglas, but I'm not getting paid to do so.  I will say this.  If I produced similar results in my job (where my expertise is) I would have been fired years ago.  

I like JD, honestly and I'm not suggesting to fire him, but this idea of unquestionably saying he's been great is absurd.  He hasn't.  To date he has failed miserably at his job.   Hopefully things turn around this year.   I love the talent on this team and they should be good (for which JD will deserve a lot of credit and praise ) but there are a number of question marks and risks he took that can come back to bite us in the ass.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

You want "detailed reasoning as of why" we are concerned with Wins versus Losses?  I'll do my best, but it has to do with the fact that making the playoffs is directly correlated to how many Wins your team has during the regular season.  Furthermore, in order to win a Super Bowl, a team has to Win every single one of its playoff games (it cannot lose a single one of them).

Perhaps you're in a NFL GM Fantasy League, where you get points when the GM makes a good draft pick every few years?  The rest of us are concerned with, yes, the Jets' win-loss record.

I have been a fan for over 40 years I stopped giving a rat's ass about their win-loss record it's easier on my mental well-being. This is the first GM in a long time that has a vison not like Idzik or Four eyes or even Tannenbaum who wasn't terrible just gave out horrible contracts. Visons take time and after 3-4 years outside a franchise QB we are closer than we have been since 09-10. Let's all take a step back and enjoy the season before we all throw grenades and blow this season to sh*t.     

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The stink is very much still there.  This team has been awful under JD.

Again, the roster looks to be better for sure.  But as for their record.  JD has been worse than Mac.

Because they win.  If the Jets went to the Super Bowl last year no one would be questioning JD.

I might not be able to be a better GM than Joe Douglas, but I'm not getting paid to do so.  I will say this.  If I produced similar results in my job (where my expertise is) I would have been fired years ago.  

I like JD, honestly and I'm not suggesting to fire him, but this idea of unquestionably saying he's been great is absurd.  He hasn't.  To date he has failed miserably at his job.   Hopefully things turn around this year.   I love the talent on this team and they should be good (for which JD will deserve a lot of credit and praise ) but there are a number of question marks and risks he took that can come back to bite us in the ass.

I think like I said in my previous post he had a vison and Woody liked it and has seen the fruits of his labor outside a franchise QB.  On paper this roster is head and shoulders better than what Idzik or four eyes produced in their tenures here. The Huff love is outrageous though he didn't want to be here as a part-time player and the Jets knew that and traded for Reddick who at this point let him Rot until week 11 for all I care. A 31year old Edge trying to make 20+ a year is absurd, and his agent needs to be fired before JD is lol.  

10 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

I have been a fan for over 40 years I stopped giving a rat's ass about their win-loss record it's easier on my mental well-being.

I've been a fan longer and I can say wins and losses are the only thing I care about.

Which makes sense why we see this so differently.  For me, I care about winning football games and don't care about winning or losing the ego/contract battles.  

It does completely make sense why we would disagree.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ToonforPrez said:

the above is a myth - was it a championship team no but it won 7 games with a trash coach -two of the jets captains are mac guys Q and Mosley 

Joe was handed a team with sam bell crowder robby DT Q Mosley Adams Jenkins , Leonard Williams, May and Mosley-Joe decided to blow it up and up until this year with results TBD his roster has not exceeded the results of the team he was handed.

As far as the second bolded goes-Joe has not set us up at QB for the long term future and success of the team-which is the most important position -Arod busted last year, I believe will bust this year too but even if he does not he is not setting us up for the long term future and success of the team-best case scenario is Arod lasts two years and Joe has no young guy behind him.

57 minutes ago, kmnj said:

he is not setting us up for the long term future and success of the team-best case scenario is Arod lasts two years and Joe has no young guy behind him.

Which is why I find it mind boggling that the majority of Jet fans on this board are against just paying Reddick and getting him on the field for a run before we lose Rodgers.  

In all likelihood we'll be starting a rookie QB or a retread vet in two years and the $10mm savings, in not paying Reddick, will be meaningless.  

I think changing a culture and getting rid of the stink has to come first before anything else. This roster was horrendous 3-4 years ago and it takes time to bring in the right guys to change the direction within the Organization. Why aren't we talking about the niners screwing up the lance QB pick or the Jags with LAWRENCE who has not even lived up to the hype they set upon him?  Seems everyone just wants to play the old SOJF when they are probably not able to do the job of GM just saying. Alot of old dudes drinking that warm milk before bed screaming at the Televison.    

I can’t fly an airplane either but if I see one crashed into a bunch of trees, I can tell you that the pilot screwed up.

It doesn’t take 4 years to build a team in the nfl. Teams turn it around in two offseasons all the time.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

I can’t fly an airplane either but if I see one crashed into a bunch of trees, I can tell you that the pilot screwed up.

It doesn’t take 4 years to build a team in the nfl. Teams turn it around in two offseasons all the time.

Those teams aren't the New York Jets who have historically been dogsh*t.