Trent Williams ends holdout ...

10 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

It’s amazing teams like the rams and 49ers can pay to resign all these superstars but we can’t afford to resign Huff

Affording him wasn't the primary issue ... he wanted a full time starting role, alongside full time starter money, and we didn't want to offer him that. Either the role or the money.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What if we lose though?   Lol

The game is pretty much a toss up. They get the advantage of playing at home, but beyond that, our rosters are both stacked. They get Trent back, but we already have Tyron.

The game will come down to who can stop the others RB, McCaffrey vs Breece Hall. Both squads will get plays from their WRs, but the team that controls the ground game (and the clock) will win.

Game could be won on a late FG.

So what I was saying is IF we beat them when they are at full strength, and we are yet to sign Reddick, then that will be a HUGE boost. Then, when we DO sign Reddick, will be become the NFL's fav to win it all.

16 hours ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

On the 49ers forum multiple posters have pointed out he looks out of shape. You’d have to think there’s still a real possibility he doesn’t play. Elite OT or not, at 36 years old  skipping the entire offseason and reporting 6 days before playing a full 4 quarters seems nuts. 

Why is noone mentioning this? Do we really think a huge guy like that was getting himself into shape on his own? And then there is football shape. I would put Q over him on the very first play and have him run over Trent and see how he holds up. :) He's going to be gassed by by the end of the first quarter.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Why is noone mentioning this? Do we really think a huge guy like that was getting himself into shape on his own? And then there is football shape. I would put Q over him on the very first play and have him run over Trent and see how he holds up. :) He's going to be gassed by by the end of the first quarter.

👇

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

Affording him wasn't the primary issue ... he wanted a full time starting role, alongside full time starter money, and we didn't want to offer him that. Either the role or the money.

He wanted a full time role to increase his marketability as a player.  Pay him and that issue becomes moot.

21 hours ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

On the 49ers forum multiple posters have pointed out he looks out of shape. You’d have to think there’s still a real possibility he doesn’t play. Elite OT or not, at 36 years old  skipping the entire offseason and reporting 6 days before playing a full 4 quarters seems nuts. 

Yeah, I also doubt he'll be up to speed week 1. Particularly against a good d-line, and defense in general. He's old, and as a big man it'll take him  time to get back into game shape. In fact, I seem to remember a similar scenario (injury as opposed to contract) last year with the jets when a LT missed camp and hadn't practiced but started week 1. It didn't work out well.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jetsons said:

what is known as a contradiction. 😏

The Huff Narrative is tiring and drawn out so bad it's comical at this point. The same usual suspects are the rotten of the core on that subject.

I mean it was already established that he wanted to be every down player, and the Jets weren't going to provide that. But Alas here we are haha.   

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1