Cop in Tyreek Hill detainment on Administrative leave for his misconduct

3 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Fwiw, nobody in that thread talked sh*t about the police or took general shots at policing or said they "hate the police".  In fact, I specifically said my best friend is an ex-jersey cop and he is salt of the earth and also said, that 90% of these guys are wonderful humans.  Nobody is in this thread, is behaving that way as well.  I called the cop handling this, a dumbass.  Why?  Because he is. And simply pointed out a fact, that our country has a history of this behavior that cant be ignored and blaming it on the media is kind of silly. 

I guess my question is why would the police officer react the way he did knowing that there is a) body cam footage and b) a ton of witnesses who were shooting video on their phones? The guy(s) would have to be a complete idiot to treat him like that and that very well be the case. That said, I'm having a hard time believing that Hill complied with every officer order and was still dragged out of his car and eventually cuffed. Maybe I'm just being naive. Gun to my head it was a case of Hill being non-compliat and the officer(s) overreacting. It will all come to light soon enough and hopefully justice is served to anyone who violated the law and/or human rights.

Just now, bicketybam said:

I guess my question is why would the police officer react the way he did knowing that there is a) body cam footage and b) a ton of witnesses who were shooting video on their phones? The guy(s) would have to be a complete idiot to treat him like that and that very well be the case. That said, I'm having a hard time believing that Hill complied with every officer order and was still dragged out of his car and eventually cuffed. Maybe I'm just being naive. Gun to my head it was a case of Hill being non-compliat and the officer(s) overreacting. It will all come to light soon enough and hopefully justice is served to anyone who violated the law and/or human rights.

You are forgetting.... it's Florida.  

13 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Cute.  Or maybe...I saw multiple videos and read multiple different reports and knew what happened and understood the situation and was able to make a very simple and accurate reaction to an obvious mishandled situation.

But yeah, tell me more about knee jerk reactions as you're doing a 180 today....

Oh and I used to wash windows on skyscrapers, I had to wear a uniform and it was very dangerous.

I love you.

How am I doing a 180? I didn't say sh*t yesterday, man. I just neg-repped you out of habit. 

Bad Cops are probably less than 10% of the population, and they RUIN IT for the rest of the good men and women trying to do a tough job. Unless someone tries to intubate you through your rectum or administers a paralytic instead of Adenosine, most people have no idea if the Firefighter-Paramedic is good at their job or not. 

Yesterday, to quote a quick search; "On a typical day in the United States, police officers make more than 50,000 traffic stops"

But this one is the only one that will get any attention....

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

IMG_0084.jpeg.641f928cf86b78cff9008f48456bb85d.jpeg

lmfao, quite funny.  However, the cop also detained and put Calais Campbell in cuffs for simply asking what was wrong.  So while obviously Hill was facing extreme mistreatment it wasnt exclusive to him and by all measures, Calais is one of the best dudes in the NFL.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

It should hardly be locked over that. Have you ever watched how European police deal with a guy wielding a knife they take their time and eventually it ends well unlike in the US where the cops starts screaming like maniacs and then they unload their entire clip give me a break. You have to be living under a rock if you don’t think that US cops Are out of control 

You realize you can take your time against someone wielding a knife.  I'm amazed cops pull over to help a stoped car at night on the highway in the USA.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

How am I doing a 180? I didn't say sh*t yesterday, man. I just neg-repped you out of habit. 

Bad Cops are probably less than 10% of the population, and they RUIN IT for the rest of the good men and women trying to do a tough job. Unless someone tries to intubate you through your rectum or administers a paralytic instead of Adenosine, most people have no idea if the Firefighter-Paramedic is good at their job or not. 

Yesterday, to quote a quick search; "On a typical day in the United States, police officers make more than 50,000 traffic stops"

The bold got a legit, lol

I said multiple times in that thread that I wasnt making general statements about the police:

10 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Why did a cop enter a woman's house and shoot her point blank in the head? 

Some cops are a$$hole, dude.  That's why.  NOT ALL OF THEM @Jet_Engine1 lmfao

I assume they have the footage and that's why they the cop is on leave, again, he didnt just detain Hill.  He detained Calais Campbell as well.  Put him in cuffs for politely asking, "what happened?".

• Upvote 2

Just now, JiFtheOracle said:

lmfao, quite funny.  However, the cop also detained and put Calais Campbell in cuffs for simply asking what was wrong.  So while obviously Hill was facing extreme mistreatment it wasnt exclusive to him and by all measures, Calais is one of the best dudes in the NFL.

When I heard that, it was obvious dude lost control of the situation and his emotions. OTOH, on more than one occasion I have physically SHOVED people out of the way that were trying to video us on a scene before the cops got there.

I mean, some scumbag with a phone that's in the way while we're trying to extricate somebody from a smashed-up car that will probably die is just scum of the Earth stuff. Yeah, someone wants to see their mom die on YT or something... They get a verbal, don't comply, they get moved. Last thing my guys needed while using cutters/spreaders and hydraulic rams is some a-hole with a phone in the way. Happens more often than you'd like, and on a couple of occasions, I've had those people arrested under FSS 806: "Any person who willfully or unreasonably interferes with, hinders, or assaults, or attempts to interfere with or hinder, any firefighter in the performance of his or her duty shall be guilty of a felony of the third degree".

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Bodycams do nothing to prevent police misconduct 

https://www.fbi.gov/news/press-releases/fbi-releases-officers-killed-and-assaulted-in-the-line-of-duty-2023-special-report-and-law-enforcement-employee-counts

May 14, 2024

FBI Releases Officers Killed and Assaulted in the Line of Duty, 2023Special Report and Law Enforcement Employee Counts

On May 14, 2024, the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program released Officers Killed and Assaulted in the Line of Duty, 2023 Special Report and data from the Law Enforcement Employee Counts on the FBI’s Crime Data Explorer at cde.ucr.cjis.gov.   

Officers Killed and Assaulted in the Line of Duty, 2023 Special Report, provides preliminary counts of law enforcement officers killed and assaulted in 2023, as well as an in-depth analysis of law enforcement officers who were killed or assaulted from 2014 through 2023, based on the data voluntarily provided by law enforcement agencies to the FBI’s UCR Program.  

The study of the data reveals, from 2021 to 2023, more officers were feloniously killed (194) than in any other consecutive three-year period in the past 20 years (73 officers in 2021, 61 officers in 2022, and 60 officers in 2023). 

Information about offenders of officer felonious killings in 2023 show there were 57 offenders, 54 were male, 28 were white, 8 were reported as having a mental illness, and there were 32 violent prior arrests/offenses from an unknown number of offenders. 

From 2014 through 2023, the South region had the most line-of-duty deaths yearly compared to other regions. There was a 38% decrease in line-of-duty deaths in the region in 2023 (20 deaths) compared to 2022 (32 deaths). Last year marked the lowest number of line-of-duty deaths in the South since 2015 (19 deaths).  

While there has been a slow decline of officers feloniously killed in the line of duty over the past three years, a study of the data shows the rate of officers assaulted has increased each of the past three years. 

Agencies reported 79,091 officers were assaulted in 2023, marking the highest officer assault rate in the past 10 years. Most officer assaults occurred when responding to simple assaults against a non-officer (6,783 incidents), followed by drug/narcotic violations (4,879). 

The number of officers assaulted and injured by firearms has climbed over the years, reaching a 10-year high in 2023 with approximately 466 officers assaulted and injured by firearms. 

Also released today was 2023 information from the Law Enforcement Employee Counts Data Collection. Law enforcement agencies provide these counts to the FBI annually and account for all sworn law enforcement officers and full-time civilian employees. This information may be used by city, county, state, and federal law enforcement agencies to establish manpower needs, both number and makeup, to provide effective enforcement and protection. 

The annual Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted publication will be released later this year and will consist of data tables on law enforcement officers who were feloniously and accidentally killed and assaulted in the line of duty in 2023.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

I assume they have the footage and that's why they the cop is on leave, again, he didnt just detain Hill.  He detained Calais Campbell as well.  Put him in cuffs for politely asking, "what happened?".

Cops all think they are special forces now. They walk around full body armor and if you look at them the wrong way it’s probable cause and resisting arrest.  Time to move to another country 

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The guy that escalated a fricken' TRAFFIC STOP to the point that two people were cuffed with one of them winding up on the ground would have been recommended for termination if he worked on my father's shift. Stupid. The job is "protect and serve", not be a petty tyrant. 

If a traffic stop is too stressful and frightening for you to de-escalate and handle professionally and courteously, then you chose the wrong career path. People go into Law Enforcement for a lot of reasons, and MANY of them don't really know what the job is or what it will entail. Same in the Fire Service. The trick is to weed them out early when you identify potential problems, but Municipal Unions create a lot of cases of "Negative Retention", and that goes for PD, FD, Teachers, etc.

I had a "Firefighter" on my truck for a while that was literally terrified of going into... buildings on fire. He lasted 3 years on the job before he finally left - for another department that ran less fires. I don't know the answer, Law Enforcement is kinda' important, but the concept of hiring guys out of College who got a Criminal Justice degree but have never been in a bad neighborhood or a real fistfight in their lives is NOT working... nor is hiring anyone willing to do a difficult and stressful job for crap pay that just want authority... 

As to what happened when he was cuffed, in the Words of wisdom from my Grandfather (NYPD 1923-1966), passed to his sons, and eventually to me: "When the cuffs are on, the fight is over". 

also all of these city/state agencies are hiring for a quota and not the most qualified.

i remember a story years and years ago that 5 or so women sued the FDNY because they failed the physical test. there were a bunch of claims why. the test was too hard for women, it was discriminated against them...etc, etc. 

they won and got the job. about 3-5 years later they were all out on permanent disability. getting a pension for the rest of their lives. they all got hurt on the job. one women fell while climbing up the fire truck. 

they lessen the tests and let a lot of people who have no business being a cop or firefighter pass.

as for "Words of Wisdom". i grew up in a heavy "Wiseguy" Neiborhood and one of them told me....

"you cant outrun their radio and their gang is bigger than your gang"

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Cops all think they are special forces now. They walk around full body armor and if you look at them the wrong way it’s probable cause and resisting arrest.  Time to move to another country 

Yeah, it's a cultural overreaction to a lot of things. Hell, I remember when my father went from a wheelgun to a 9mm Auto back in the 80's (I have both of his duty pistols now). THAT was a BIG DEAL back then. Now they're all kitted up like a SOF Operator. 

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

as for "Words of Wisdom". i grew up in a heavy "Wiseguy" Neiborhood and one of them told me....

Another adage I heard my whole life.

FDNY stuff I remember, but the BIG case was Chicago, they managed to get the Physical Agility Tests thrown out, and the new "National Standard" is the CPAT. It's a joke. I can see a time in the near future where interior structural firefighting is deemed "too dangerous". 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Nobody hates the bad cops more than the good ones. I was lucky in WPB to work with a LOT of really good men and women, our Cops and FF's got along great.... and the douchebags got called out.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, doitny said:

also all of these city/state agencies are hiring for a quota and not the most qualified.

i remember a story years and years ago that 5 or so women sued the FDNY because they failed the physical test. there were a bunch of claims why. the test was too hard for women, it was discriminated against them...etc, etc. 

they won and got the job. about 3-5 years later they were all out on permanent disability. getting a pension for the rest of their lives. they all got hurt on the job. one women fell while climbing up the fire truck. 

they lessen the tests and let a lot of people who have no business being a cop or firefighter pass.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/26/over-half-of-fdny-pensioners-retiring-on-disability-report/

The number of firefighters retiring on disability is incredibly high.  Mostly men.

41 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

well....there was NO arrest AND a cop has been put on leave.

So........

49 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Fwiw, nobody in that thread talked sh*t about the police or took general shots at policing or said they "hate the police".  In fact, I specifically said my best friend is an ex-jersey cop and he is salt of the earth and also said, that 90% of these guys are wonderful humans.  Nobody is in this thread, is behaving that way as well.  I called the cop handling this, a dumbass.  Why?  Because he is. And simply pointed out a fact, that our country has a history of this behavior that cant be ignored and blaming it on the media is kind of silly. 

Not true. JWN "supported" the cops by explaining that they were probably just using excessive force to teach hill a lesson about being too uppity, which sure sounds like something someone who generally thinks cops are evil thugs would say. 

Never expected JWN to go full ACAB, but people are full of surprises, I guess

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

well....there was NO arrest AND a cop has been put on leave.

So........

The cop is not on leave.  He's on administrative duty pending an Internal affairs investigation.  

40 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Thats right because it should get attention

You dont get a cookie for doing your job 

Heres a fun stat........ On an average, 5 cops per year have died per year for the last 5 years on traffic stops. Interestingly, an average of 37 citizens per year for the last same 5 years have been killed by cops that were UNARMED. So yea its a little concerning when the stats suggest that being stopped by police is more risky for the average citizen rather than a police officer

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The cop is not on leave.  He's on administrative duty pending an Internal affairs investigation.  

OK, well thats not a good sign now is it. Have you seen the video of the cop kicking him for no reason?

Just now, Biggs said:

https://nypost.com/2022/08/26/over-half-of-fdny-pensioners-retiring-on-disability-report/

The number of firefighters retiring on disability is incredibly high.  Mostly men.

Being a FF is tough. Being a NYC Firefighter must be fricken BRUTAL. I retired (not on disability), but I have a bad ankle and knee from an injury back in 2011, and my shoulder is shot. One of my best friends, a big tank of a guy (very fit, not fat) that works out and does the jiu-jitsu stuff was on a call and suddenly didn't feel well. He went into a dysrhythmia and had to get transported for chest pain/cardiac. He had acute A-Fib and they discovered he had developed cardiomyopathy at 46 years old. ANother buddy, skinny little dude, Carido-Man... hurt his back lifting a patient off the floor. 2 surgeries later, he wound up coming over to my unit as a Fire Investigator. 

And of course its "mostly men", they're probably 85% of the force. But tbh most of the women in the Fire Service wind up going into Prevention, Admin, Community Outreach and those types of roles sooner than later, because the job is physically very demanding, and it just wears on a person. 

• Upvote 1