Exposed Badly

11 hours ago, Biggs said:

No pass rush with no containment.  Hard to believe a guy who played both inside linebacker and can rush off the edge wouldn’t have been much better than what we got tonight.  I disagree.  JD knew what he was doing trading for him.  He just didn’t know how to get him on the field.

So, you feel that Reddick might have made a difference in the outcome of the game?  The Jets got torched in the run game, and Reddick would not have made a significant difference in the outcome.  We will agree to disagree.

6 minutes ago, Alka said:

So, you feel that Reddick might have made a difference in the outcome of the game?  The Jets got torched in the run game, and Reddick would not have made a significant difference in the outcome.  We will agree to disagree.

They got torched in the C gap in the first half.  Yea he might have been better than what we saw.  The moved inside in the second half, might not have made a difference in the runs up the middle.  He definitely would have put more pressure on Purdy when he was picking us apart in the passing game.  Purdy moves well and Reddick is fast and athletic with amazing clossing speed. 

With a better rush we could have staked the box a bit more to protect the middle and reduce the intermediate passing game which was deadly.

Just now, Biggs said:

They got torched in the C gap in the first half.  Yea he might have been better than what we saw.  The moved inside in the second half, might not have made a difference in the runs up the middle.  He definitely would have put more pressure on Purdy when he was picking us apart in the passing game.  Purdy moves well and Reddick is fast and athletic with amazing clossing speed. 

I'm not saying that having Reddick wouldn't have helped.  I'm saying that the outcome would have still been the same.  The Jets would have lost.  Now, if you would have added a stout quality defensive tackle in the middle of the defense last night, that would have made a more significant difference, at least to how we responded to the run.  Remove the run, and the pass rush becomes more effective.

34 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

Reminded me of the opening day game against the Chiefs about 20 years ago when KC ran 19 run plays in a row to start the game. Very deflating. Helpless feeling. Need to fix this NOW

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2005 opener. Remember it well. 

That was another Jets team that got a lot of hype coming into the year. Chad (and his backup) got hurt the following week and the rest his history. The end of Herm. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Alka said:

I'm not saying that having Reddick wouldn't have helped.  I'm saying that the outcome would have still been the same.  The Jets would have lost.  Now, if you would have added a stout quality defensive tackle in the middle of the defense last night, that would have made a more significant difference, at least to how we responded to the run.  Remove the run, and the pass rush becomes more effective.

Patrick Mahomes probably wouldn’t have changed last night’s outcome with Jets getting blown off the ball on both sides of the field. Not an excuse to not improve your team, though. And to add to that: JD is on hot seat, doesn’t have a lot of incentive to not cave and throw panic money at Reddick if losses stack. Which is why all this “Reddick has no leverage” talk just made me shake my head.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Alka said:

Probably the case.  I didn't build this top 5 roster, JD did and JD traded for Reddick to provide a veteran pass rusher who also get Tackles for a loss, assists on tackles, solo tackles and QB hits.  Having a veteran outside on the edge who can do that is a net plus for the D.   He also has great speed and can pursue down the line.

• Upvote 1

Wondering - how many teams have suffered a beat down like this in game 1 ..only to go on to get to the Super Bowl?  

Can’t get over how bad our D looked..esp v the run game. Lombardi..miked up.. comes to mind:  “What the hell is going on out here?!  Everybody is grabbing out there. Nobody is tackling!”

The Jets got punched in the mouth by one of the best and most talented teams in the league.

How they respond will dictate the outcome of the season.  The veterans need to step up and make it clear this performance was unacceptable.  They need a different, more physical, more motivated team to show up next week.

15 hours ago, AL047 said:

The Jets defense has been exposed and overrated!!!!

No pressure on the QB!!!
Couldn't stop the running back, who was a backup to McCaffery!!! The WR's were wide open, and the QB picked apart the secondary!!!!

Everyone said this team had the best defense, well they got exposed badly on Monday night!!!!

Teams will look at this game as a diagram to how to beat the Jets defense.

Its really hard to put pressure on the QB when they are running the ball down your throat and mixing it so well the defense was on their heels the entire game. Its called coaching and schemeing against the defense you have been so familiar with your entire life as Shanny was and is. Instead of throwing them some wrinkles and different looks we did nothing so not only did our players play bad but they did not get coached up either and had zero answer for how Shanny was mixing things up the entire game. We simply got totally and throughly out coached

3 hours ago, Greg555 said:

Wondering - how many teams have suffered a beat down like this in game 1 ..only to go on to get to the Super Bowl?  

Can’t get over how bad our D looked..esp v the run game. Lombardi..miked up.. comes to mind:  “What the hell is going on out here?!  Everybody is grabbing out there. Nobody is tackling!”

I might be off on my timing here but was it 85 when Marvin Powell held out, jets got beat week 1 he came back and they reeled off 10 in a row?

no Super Bowl but that comes to mind