OL Still Sucks. JD has failed again

17 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I will take this OL after years of 1 of worst OLs in league thanks to JD. Guys want to give JD credit for bringing these guys in make me laugh ha. They were traded for virtually nothing, or let go by a team that no longer needed them. The team with a gm who knows how to build a OL, can let the aging often injured veterans go, because they have younger/cheaper/ more durable guys to replace them. Next years OL again will have some big holes . 

Has the OL been bad until this year?  Definitely.  You seem to forget that the Jets' OL has suffered more injuries than I think any other OL in the NFL over the last 5 years.  You also seem to forget that there were at least two, maybe 3 high profile OL that JD tried to sign in FA who would have seriously upgraded our OL, but they chose to sign elsewhere because the Jets were rebuilding and not good.  He even offered more money than the teams where they signed.  That would have made a difference.  He also passed on some OL in the draft that posters clamored for, that wound up being busts or not good.  Any GM can only draft what's there in the draft class and that either falls to their team's picks or if he is able to move up or down in the draft.  He traded up for AVT, and AVT was very good his rookie season but has suffered freak injuries the last two seasons.  That's hardly on JT.  AVT would have made the OL better.  Last year the Patriorts traded up and took the OT that the Jets probably would have taken.  That's the luck of the draft.

JD has passed on some good OL, and he does deserve some criticism for that.  If it weren't for the Giants coveting Nabers, we wouldn't have Fashanu.  Instead of taking Davis in the 5th round, JD could have taken Christian Mahogany who is now starting on the Lions' OL.

He has definitely made some mistakes, but every GM makes them.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Watching the backpedaling here reminds me of this classic Bugs Bunny scene:

The next time someone on JN admits their bad take was just that will be the first.  The OL is fine, barring injuries.  And even then we have some depth that might just be enough.  And besides, didn't you get the memo?  The 'bad' OLine is so last week.  We've moved on to Saleh's bad press conferences. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Watching the backpedaling here reminds me of this classic Bugs Bunny scene:

The next time someone on JN admits their bad take was just that will be the first.  The OL is fine, barring injuries.  And even then we have some depth that might just be enough.  And besides, didn't you get the memo?  The 'bad' OLine is so last week.  We've moved on to Saleh's bad press conferences. 

Some of them *coughCOWBELLGUYcough* almost seem like they're rooting for us to get steamrolled just so they can pat themselves on the back and raise their "message board cred".  Sad stuff.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

You people need to stop this. TN. is a bad team. If they didn't  grade out well against them, we would really be bad. I think tomorrow we are going to see a repeat of week one with the Pats running Stevenson down our throats and the D selling out to stop Hall. Rogers really hasn't  played that well yet. 

Guy posted about everything except the offensive line 

😆

On 9/10/2024 at 7:13 AM, More Cowbell said:

The SF D was in the Jets backfield the entire game. Our OL was consistently getting pushed backwards and couldn't  get Breece any holes to run through.  Every time he got tackled, it sounded like an explosion. 

JD said job one was to fix the OL when he got here. What is this, year 5 now and it still sucks? 

So many sacks. 

Calculating Hold Up GIF by Liz Wilcox