Davante can’t save this crap show

This is from Connor Hughes, a guy who, for some reason tends to get bashed, usually from truly aggro bro types who wear sunglasses in their profile pics. This is so totally accurate:

“The #Jets drafted Garrett Wilson 10th overall. They signed Allen Lazard to a 4-year, $44-million deal. They gave Mike Williams a deal worth up to $10 million this year. I understand if there's some hesitance from higher ups to sign off on adding another $10m+ WR.

Teams are having far more success with far less.

To me: Biggest issues on offense come down to boring, predictable game plans. Watching these other games now: The #Jets lack creativity.

Adams will help against inferior opponents, but when the #NYJ play best of the best, ones that have coaching advantages on offensive side of ball, they're going to have the exact same problems. “

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

To me: Biggest issues on offense come down to boring, predictable game plans. Watching these other games now: The #Jets lack creativity.

It is so damn aggravating. Saleh was supposed to be a guy who can adapt etc... this carbon copy pee wee boring AF "game plan" nonsense is infuriating. And now we'll have to wait ANOTHER year to see anything different... and its probably going to suck just as bad, while the team doesn't know what to do. Yay. 

No one player fixes everything for any team. 

Davante very clearly improves the Jets offense. Have you seen Alan Lazard?

The difference between 2-3 and 4-1 is small.

The Jets can be playing for the division lead next Monday.

Are you trying to win now, or not? That is the only question that should be asked. Connor posting this makes me concerned Woody is about to pinch pennies. He is the mouth piece.

• Upvote 2

At this point, this group doesn’t really deserve any more resources. This team, on paper, has everything it needs. 

this offense was supposed to be a run heavy offense. The run game was supposed to allow the passing game to open up. We clearly have two good running backs, why the hell can’t this team run the ball? Devonte doesn’t help the run game. If they want to fix this offense, figure out how to run the damn ball. We have plenty of pass catchers. This offense won’t work if it can’t run the ball.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

At this point, this group doesn’t really deserve any more resources. This team, on paper, has everything it needs. 

this offense was supposed to be a run heavy offense that would allow the passing game to open up from teams trying to stop the run. We clearly have two good backs, why the hell can’t this team run the ball. Devonte doesn’t help the run game. If they want to fix this offense, figure out how to run the damn ball. We have plenty of pass catchers.

Have you seen Alan Lazard play the game of football, by chance?

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Have you seen Alan Lazard play the game of football, by chance?

Lazard is your typical WR3. Mike Williams is one of the better WR2’s in the league when healthy. Hes proven that. Wilson is a top 10 pick that “should” be a solid number 1. Conklin is an under rated TE who does his job well. Breece has also shown to be a great pass catcher. We have the weapons as far as guys who can catch the ball. Look around the league, not many teams what we have on paper. Especially at this point in the year where there are rosters everywhere decimated with injuries.  We have failed to utilize the weapons we have. I’d be an a-hole to say we wouldn’t be any better with Adams, we would be, but this offense isn’t working as well as it should be with what we have.

• Upvote 1