Hackett stripped of playcalling duties

4 hours ago, JetPotato said:

This is obviously a step in the right direction, but my question now is if Hackett isn't calling the plays, what is it that he will be doing? We already know he's not a "detail" guy. Will he be assuming Saleh's cheerleading duties? T-shirt development?

Why do any of us care?. We are not paying him and his $ don’t count towards the cap. He is likely just providing any support and transition type work to Downing. We used to have a word for what that is in Corporations for higher ups that were getting phased out. It was called Special Projects. And since we are on that subject like in any business the main thing that got Saleh canned was after the last few losses he called it the nothing time in football which shows no sense of urgency. In any place I have ever worked that is the easiest way to get fired as the boss sees that as a bad lackadaisical attitude and it is impacting his money. So, when Woody met the night before the firing of Saleh with Rogers, he likely said do you think this can get turned around with this head coach, and Rogers I am sure told the truth and said no. He is not holding anyone accountable so nothing will change.

2 hours ago, section314 said:

I’m telling you Bit. If this season doesn’t work out, we are going to be back in the Stone Age . New coach, GM  rookie QB, same owner. 

I will want to see Joe Douglas survive, and Woody calling this roster, “the most talented he’s ever had,” suggests to me that if the decision were to be made today, he would. However, the idea of an entirely new coaching staff with Tyrod and Travis as the only QBs under contract would seem to be well within the realm of possibility today as well. 

5 hours ago, THE BARON said:

id really like to hear a conversation between hackett and rodgers.  if hackett is so inept and that seems to be the case, what does rodgers like about him ??? does hackett keep him settled as a grrom does for a race horse ??? not meaning that as a smart ass comment.  is rodgers so temperamental that he needs a personal support attendant to help keep him on level ???

You might be right about the personal support thing.  If so, I'm fine with it.  If Rodgers feels better with Hackett being on the team, it sounds like a good investment to me.

2 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

You might be right about the personal support thing.  If so, I'm fine with it.  If Rodgers feels better with Hackett being on the team, it sounds like a good investment to me.

It would make sense. I keep seeing people label Rodgers as a "narcissist".  if he does actually score high in that trait, he's got insecurity issues regardless of how talented and accomplished he is.  That's the nature of narcissism.  Malignant self love.  At the core of it is a deep insecurity. Real narcissists need their supply of reinforcement to cope.  Perhaps Hackett gives him that.  Who the fuk knows... I'm just spitballing here. 

So there was a rumor not sure if true that Saleh went to building yesterday wasn't fired yet and basically removed Hackett from play calling duties. And after that he was fired. Now we see AR going on McAfee denying he was responsible for Saleh getting canned. Some of us thought the circus left town when Rex departed.🤡