It’s the Offensive Line, Stupid

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Puzzling, and i thought that was a big reason they got a guy like williams.  They just don’t attack the end zone like other teams. 

We're probably waiting until we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs before giving it a try.

2 first rounders (one they moved up for) Tippman in the second round and two free agents who signed on to pad their

retirement accounts and the line is still a pile of crap.

That hold on Tyron Smith cost us the game last night just as much as the kicker did.

This game felt the residual effects of how lousy a HC Saleh was. The team is completely undisciplined has no accountability and that reputation precedes them week after week as the refs give them no quarter ever.  There needs to be a complete culture shift within the Jets organization and it starts with the HC and the GM.  

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Theodore said:

Troy Aikman said on the broadcast that the Jets have good individual olineman, but don’t know how to play together. Isn’t that on coaching?

A small part perhaps. But mostly the gm, who needed these older guys nobody wanted anymore ( except the jets ) . Now it’s easier to understand why. A good gm builds a solid OL unit and tries to keep it together for more than 1 yr . The benefits of a OLine unit playing in harmony can’t be measured in a stat. 

9 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

All of the Jets Offensive shortcomings originate with poor O line play. All of them. Stop looking for quick fixes and draft better O linemen. 

i wouldn't go so far as to say the oline players are bad but some of those penalties were just so bad.  and i think i would be trying out a new place kicker today.  zuerlein may have kicked his last field goal as a jet.  i also think the mike williams experiment hasn't gone the way it was expected.  they need another reliable receiver besides wilson and lazard.

• Upvote 1

I'll give JD credit for at least trying to build an OL. He's just made poor decisions. You need to hit on most of your early draft picks and get an occasional gem OL in the middle rounds. Not so for JD.

The previous GM didn't even try....he thought that an OL can be built with bargain basement FA signings. 

The effect is the same sadly. A crap OL.

There's still a chance that Tippman, AVT, and Fashanu can be the core of a good OL. Fashanu might need some time, but if he's a bust, too, that's a disaster.