Reddick Holdout Over

AbstraKt

6 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

He's always angry dude. You pick the subject.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

Two types of Jets fans -- those that go after the Jets for sucking and those that go after other fans that go after the Jets for sucking.

We are all angry about this team, some of us prefer to direct it at the actual source.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Right now this looks to me like Reddick caved once he found out that there is ZERO market for his services and that the Jets included some vague language on secret incentives which gives him a fig leaf to pretend that he did not cave.  I think that examining the market for his services left him in no doubt the the ONLY chance he has to get his money after all of this is if he comes in and plays like a maniac for the rest of this year.
I doubt he makes any of the "secret fig leaf" incentives and that he will be working the rest of this year to pay some of those fines.  And yes, risking his health essentially for free in order to do so.

Most likely scenario

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

1 hour ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

You know who else was supposed to make the Jets better? T Smith. Yet, in typical Jets fashion that pro bowler now sucks donkey balls.

This idea that Reddick makes the Jets better.....I will believe it when I see it.

LT and EDGE aren't exactly a perfect comparison though.  If a LT sucks even for a few plays, it impacts your whole offense and he's very difficult to bench.  An EDGE guy, meanwhile, can get rotated in and out of games and can make a huge positive impact on a game just by 1-2 late-game QB Hits/Pressures/Sacks/FFs, even if he did little for the first 90 % of the game.  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Larz said:

The conclusion of the article:

Reddick taking his holdout into the regular season was ill-conceived from the start. Financially, he would have been much better off coming to training camp to satisfy the Jets' condition for negotiations and trying to get a new deal after reporting. His worst-case scenario would have been playing this season for $14.25 million before hitting the open market next March. It's hard to imagine players in the future having difficult negotiations for a new deal or at a contract impasse following in Reddick's footsteps given the outcome.