Jets O-Line over past three games

Put this in a different thread but figured I'd put it here in case it gets buried elsewhere. 

Over the past three weeks the OL has been very good.  Allowed 1 sack yesterday, 1 against Pittsburgh and 3 against Buffalo.  QB hits are also way down from weeks 1-5.  In those same three games, Breece Hall is averaging over 5 YPC.

Bobby Saleh didn't work these guys in the pre-season and it showed.  Four new starters needed some time to get their act together but he put everyone on ice and said "screw it, they can figure it out in-season".

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Put this in a different thread but figured I'd put it here in case it gets buried elsewhere. 

Over the past three weeks the OL has been very good.  Allowed 1 sack yesterday, 1 against Pittsburgh and 3 against Buffalo.  QB hits are also way down from weeks 1-5.  In those same three games, Breece Hall is averaging over 5 YPC.

Bobby Saleh didn't work these guys in the pre-season and it showed.  Four new starters needed some time to get their act together but he put everyone on ice and said "screw it, they can figure it out in-season".

I was told Aaron Rodgers being slow was the biggest thing wrong with the team

4 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Defense and specials lost this game 

- 4 missed kick points 

- allowing 70 yard return 

- allowing maye to run wild 

- choking on last drive 

It is actually 5, they were forced to go for the 2 point conversion, because of the first missed XP.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I was told Aaron Rodgers being slow was the biggest thing wrong with the team

There are many big issues.  Rodgers being a statue is one of them as it has cost them dearly this season.

But the OL not having any time to build chemistry was incredibly dumb.

• Upvote 2

To me, most impressive was the job against Pittsburgh...thought Watt would have done a lot more damage

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, AFJF said:

There are many big issues.  Rodgers being a statue is one of them as it has cost them dearly this season.

If they were worse than middle of the pack in sacks given up I'd agree with you. I think the inability to run the ball is a WAY bigger issue, which, ironically, would also help keep the cockroaches off of Rodgers.

He was so afraid of Rodgers getting hurt he forgot that football is a competitive sport you have to prepare for with an opponent looking to beat the sh-t out of you on every play.

Saleh was nothing but an excuse factory.

As Parcells used to say, don’t tell me how much it hurts:  show me the baby.

3 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Hall was good yesterday avg 5 ypc. Of course, this is the game the moronic staff decided to use Allen more and he only avg 3.2 ypc. These morons always do the opposite of what they should be doing!

Yes and no

On a short yardage situation for some reason he completely stopped

By the time he started again the defense closed and they didn’t get the 1st down 

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Yes and no

On a short yardage situation for some reason he completely stopped

By the time he started again the defense closed and they didn’t get the 1st down 

Yes, that was so strange when he stopped. I thought the play was blown dead. He has been bad in short yardage for sure.

Defense and specials lost this game 
- 4 missed kick points 
- allowing 70 yard return 
- allowing maye to run wild 
- choking on last drive 
Also allowing Brissett to run on then on that last drive exactly the way Maye did earlier in the same game.

The offense also lost us the game in more ways than can be documented. The delay of game on the 2 pt try was the cherry on top.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk