Jets and Ravens have a tentative deal in place? {Merged}

madmike1

If the Jets are somehow lucky enough to have a shot at Leinart at #4, and Vernon Davis is available at #13, then I'd make the trade at #13 and draft Davis.

Then we walk away from the 1st round with Leinart and the next Tony Gonzalez, and can focus on the O-line and the D-line in the later rounds. I don't know about you guys, but if that were to happen, I'd be a happy camper.

how about:

Trade down from 4 to 7 picking up the raiders 3 and 4th rd picks...

Select Brick or Davis...

THEN trade the #35 and the raiders 3rd to move up and land Manny Lawson at around 20...

29 select Maroney

Davis

Lawson

Maroney

3rd rd OT and QB with the comp pick.

how about:

Trade down from 4 to 7 picking up the raiders 3 and 4th rd picks...

Select Brick or Davis...

THEN trade the #35 and the raiders 3rd to move up and land Manny Lawson at around 20...

29 select Maroney

Davis

Lawson

Maroney

3rd rd OT and QB with the comp pick.

Wait...didnt you just start another thread that sounded exactly like this?..

Basicly it's 29 and 35 to the ravens for 13. This would be a BRILLIANT move IF AND ONLY if cutler is there. If not i don't think the difference between 13 and 29 is that much...

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1146031534115030.xml&coll=1

**** that move. We can get two very good players at 29 and 35. We have a lot of holes to fill on offense.

**** that move. We can get two very good players at 29 and 35. We have a lot of holes to fill on offense.

We don't need a RB for this year.

Run Curtis into the ground this year, see what Cedric has to offer, and wait till next year to draft a RB if necessary.

Take Carpenter at #29 instead.

Just to let you guys know, there is no way that this trade goes down. It's obvious that this Jet team has many positional holes to fill and any trade containing two of our picks for one better pick is out of the question. Once again if this wasn't as deep of a draft as it is then this trade is a possibility, but the fact that it's not clearly means that it just won't happen.

The Jets will not trade up. They will only trade down to acquire more picks in the later rounds. They don't need a Cutler in the first when they can draft a Croyle or possibly a Whitehurst in the late second or third rounds.

every year the team needs bodies..and almost every year the draft sucks!

MAYBE 1 or 2 players actually are good!

So if they LOVE Cutler then the need to do it.

You mean you wouldn't trade alex van dyke, bj askew, brian thomas, rick terry, dorian boose for a potential Starting QB!@!!

The jets Consistently pick crap players in late rd 1 - rd 3!!

Cutler, who caught the Jets' eye at the Senior Bowl, is a real talent. He has captured the fancy of owner Woody Johnson, who traveled to Nashville for a private workout and dinner with the quarterback last week during the team's cross-country quarterback tour.

"Woody Johnson is absolutely enamored with Cutler," said the person with knowledge of the trade talks between the Jets and Ravens. "He thinks Cutler is another Tom Brady"

The Jets think Cutler, 6-3, 228 pounds, is the most complete package among the QBs available in the draft. He has the biggest arm by far and has done more with less. Despite playing with B-level talent, he completed 710 of 1,242 passes (57.1 percent) for 8,697 yards, 59 touchdowns and 36 interceptions. Although he was 11-35 in four years, the Commodores were competitive.

:eek:WHAT THE F***!:eek:

:Cuss:Cutler, though accurate, has a tendancy to have too much lift in his throw - in the NFL that means A Vinny Testaverde type of QB!:Cuss:

Still if Cutler is gone by 15, which I hope he is - there is some good news....

Notes: If the Jets don't get Cutler, they're eyeing Alabama QB Brodie Croyle and Oregon's Kellen Clemens in the second or third round.

I am surprised there are so many haters on this potential trade.

It would be a great trade. It is essentially costing just a 2nd rd pick just to move up 16 slots, which is a good deal and if Cutler pans out, it is a bigtime steal.

Brick/Davis at 4 and Cutler at 13? Great foundation for the offense.

BUT, I dont see Cutler lasting to 13. Maybe he does, but I think the chances are greater that somebody 5-12 picks him. And Ngata could be there at 13 too.....

If we ever walked away from day one with a possible franchise QB and an impact TE {or franchise LT}, I'll be doing cartwheels down main street

You will have to video tape that, ham. :lol:

And if we draft Cutler, everyone can say their last words to Pennington.

Why do we need to use a First Rounder on a QB when we already have a two former first rounders, one of whom has never gotten a fair shake and could be good? Force Penny to mentor Ramsey (although i personally don't think penny is very smart, so it would be pointless) and let's see what he can do.

I would like this if they threw in a 4th. Especially if we trade down from #4. Sure we have a lot of holes to fill, but we don't necessarily have to fill them all this year. Pennington is definitely not going to be our long term answer. And Ramsey turning into a real franchise QB is more of a gamble than Cutler, imo. I don't think Cutler will fall to 13 though.

Why do we need to use a First Rounder on a QB when we already have a two former first rounders, one of whom has never gotten a fair shake and could be good? Force Penny to mentor Ramsey (although i personally don't think penny is very smart, so it would be pointless) and let's see what he can do.

I would tend to agree with this...but only because I'm completely locked into drafting Brady Quinn next year...what can I say,I'm an Irish fan.

Build up the o-line this year,grab a rb too,and load up everywhere else,and grab Quinn next year. Guarantee you he'll be able to start from day 1.

According to the Star Ledger, the Jets and Ravens have a tentative deal in place depending on how the first 12 Picks fall off the board

The Ravens want Haloti Ngata, so if Nagata is there for them at 13 they will just pick him and be done with it

However, if Ngata is off the board at 13 {as most mocks are projecting}, AND IF JAY CUTLER IS STILL ON THE BOARD AT 13, the Jets will send Baltimore their 29th and 35th overall picks for the Ravens #13 Overall Pick so we can draft Cutler at 13

The #4 Pick plays no role in this discussion ... that is an entity all to it's self and will remain with the NY Jets

Wow!!

Now that would be a dream...to pick Mario at #4 then Cutler at #13.

At first I didn't want Cutler because there's a woman at work with that last name & I can't stand her.

How would her mouth do in the winds at Giants Stadium?

Her mouth is so big that even Nugent would be able to make a FG if her mouth were to be the goal post. Her mouth is that big, I'm not sure about the wind factor in Giants Stadium though.

I can't wait until the Jets get their own stadium. Every time I think about the Jets playing in Giants stadium it makes me want to.....:smilies2_puke:

Her mouth is so big that even Nugent would be able to make a FG if her mouth were to be the goal post. Her mouth is that big, I'm not sure about the wind factor in Giants Stadium though.

I can't wait until the Jets get their own stadium. Every time I think about the Jets playing in Giants stadium it makes me want to.....:smilies2_puke:

drown a cat?

Archived