Schottenheimer pushing Leinart??

4HCrew

The Jets have really put on a great smoke screen - the media has us interested or noninterested in just about all the top players.

Mangini and Tannenbaum will make the decisions along with their scouting area- have confidence in them until proven otherwise

Because he is not the answer that we need right now. Build the lines, that is the key.

We have what, 11 picks? I'm sure we can address them with the other 10 picks. Take the best overall QB at the most important position on the field.

The Jets have really put on a great smoke screen - the media has us interested or noninterested in just about all the top players.

Faba = best take on the situation.

The Jets don't want Leinart. But now their OC does want Leinart.

The Jets want Brick. But would take Mario.

The Jets want Mario. But he doesn't fit well in a 3-4 & may take Brick.

The Jets want Davis. But just not at #4. But maybe they do.

The Jets spent 5 hours interviewing Cutler. But they're not taking a QB in rd 1.

Jets love Ngata. But maybe not at #4. Maybe they trade to #7 to take him. But maybe they don't & pull the trigger on him anyway. But maybe they will - I mean won't - I mean....

I am LOVING this.

SE & faba you hit the nail on the head. I'm really impressed with how our FO is involved in almost every draft scenario out there (trade up to #1, trade down, take D'Brick, Leinart, etc) and yet no one has ANY clue what we're going to do. That is exactly the way it should be. The draft is vital. The draft is for the team...not the beat writers and draftniks who need scoop. Our FO is doing a great job thus far. Let's get the right players, DEVELOP THEM, and build a program.

The Jets spent 5 hours interviewing Cutler. But they're not taking a QB in rd 1.

Jets love Ngata. But maybe not at #4. Maybe they trade to #7 to take him. But maybe they don't & pull the trigger on him anyway. But maybe they will - I mean won't - I mean....

I am LOVING this.

And don't be surprised if the Jets pick a player you haven't mentioned...

We have what, 11 picks? I'm sure we can address them with the other 10 picks. Take the best overall QB at the most important position on the field.

Heath Schuler? Akili Smith? Ryan Leaf? Et al......

Nope, can't take a QB so high unless he is someone like Elway or Peyton were when they came out. Even Palmer. But there are too many possible questions on Young-Leinart-Cutler to take the risk. Give me the more sure thing, at a vital position (LT or DE).

Exactly Faba - after reading all the articles from SportSpyder I gotta say I'm more confused than ever

Nope, can't take a QB so high unless he is someone like Elway or Peyton were when they came out. Even Palmer. But there are too many possible questions on Young-Leinart-Cutler to take the risk. Give me the more sure thing, at a vital position (LT or DE).

aww..c'mon.

If the roulette wheel comes up red 10 times in a row, it doesn't mean it will on the next spin. it's 50/50, just like every single pick in the draft. Besides, the same risks were taken when Elway, Peyton, and Palmer were selected.

It's far worse for a QB to bust than LT/DE/NT. Elite ones are difficult to find, but you can plug "a" player in there if the draftee sucks. Not so with QB. You can't just plug anyone in there & with $40M in bonuses shelled out to QB's from 2004-2006, you can't afford to draft another one high or sign a worthwhile one as a FA.

You tailor an entire offense to fit your QB's strengths & minimize his weaknesses. You spend the entire offseason making the playbook just so. And then that first duck comes in the Giants Stadium wind, the defenses bring the safeties in b/c you're obviously not going deeper than 15 yds, & you realize you've made a serious error. Oh - and that's assuming he doesn't get killed behind a weak OL with our 2nd-rate tackles. And we can't run behind our puny OG's & C (Teague is the biggest of the three, tipping the scales at an even 300 lbs, which was big like 15 years ago).

Drafting someone at #4 he should come in and start right away (or by mid-season at the latest), since you're giving him $20M in bonus money (coming 2 years after giving Chad $20M in bonus money of his own). QB is one of the positions where a player is generally better served holding a clipboard for a year & that's too much coin to spend on "grooming" a guy to be a first-year starter in 2007 when we hope to be out of our rebuilding/cap-purging stage.

I am LOVING this.

Spermy, thanks for the clarification on the entire situation.

Your post makes things crystal clear.;)

Just saw Leinert on ESPN doing an all access crap and he said in the interview that if he's a little grouchy it's because he's not a morning person.:eek:

Yeah, that's the clincher. Let's steer clear of someone who isn't a morning person. :eek:

BTW, do the Jets have any a.m. games scheduled this season?

On mike and mike this morning.... states Schottenheimer is really pushing for the Jets to take Leinart assuming Vince goes at 3.... god this really sucks

radio is good,, that way u cant see the strings that mangini is holding while schott talks

SE & faba you hit the nail on the head. I'm really impressed with how our FO is involved in almost every draft scenario out there (trade up to #1, trade down, take D'Brick, Leinart, etc) and yet no one has ANY clue what we're going to do. That is exactly the way it should be. The draft is vital. The draft is for the team...not the beat writers and draftniks who need scoop. Our FO is doing a great job thus far. Let's get the right players, DEVELOP THEM, and build a program.

I agree... Lets wait & see what the FO will do on Saturday...

Archived