If The Jets Take Leinart

Maxman

when should he start?

I am not saying they should take him. Not saying they will take him. But if he is there at 4 and becomes a Jet...how long should they wait before throwing him out there.

He does have 8 full years of college under his belt. :rolleyes: So he should be able to start right away. Just wonder what his curve would be.

I am HOPING that he is not taken but if he does I would say plays from week 8 on. But then the question begs what if Chad or Ramsey start playing very well? So it may depend on the record and could be handled like the Bengals did with Palmer

You know what's funny?.....I'm pretty sure most on this board are in the ant-Leinart camp but, every time I picked up a paper this week, it seem's there's a story about all the Jet fans out there that will treat Radio City Music Hall the same way they treated Shea after the last Jets game if the Jets don't take him? Here, at Jet Nation, I get an overwhelming D'Brick bias.

If they do take Leinart, I say throw him to the wolves right away. That'll harden his sissie Left-Coast ass.

EDIT- Sorry about the Leinart question...I just saw that SeniorFlaJets has atarted a 3 page thread asking the same thing!

Yea, that would be a real smart move to start a rookie QB behind that phenominal OLine the Jets have.:eek:

I was just gonna say, based on that same thought, that Leinart would sit 1 year at least. Let Pennington earn his cash and see if he can still play. If Pennington is not viable, let Ramsey see what he's got. DO NOT START the new "franchise" QB behind an O-Line that is in transistion and a mess unless you want to draft another in 3 years or so.

Yea, that would be a real smart move to start a rookie QB behind that phenominal OLine the Jets have.:eek:

Why does everyone think the Jets only have one pick in the draft?

With our next two picks, we can get quality players on the OL & DL.

what's becoming clearer is that Fred Jetstone is going to be very disappointed when his boy is no longer a Jet-with us drafting a QB this weekend.Because I don't think a player in his position can be relegated back to practice squad status

Why does everyone think the Jets only have one pick in the draft?

With our next two picks, we can get quality players on the OL & DL.

It takes some time for an O-Line to gel and work together well. The picks tihs year will help but will not bear fruit until next year or the year after in terms of their efficiency.

I am HOPING that he is not taken but if he does I would say plays from week 8 on. But then the question begs what if Chad or Ramsey start playing very well? So it may depend on the record and could be handled like the Bengals did with Palmer

Bingo!

kudo's to tangini for keepin everyone guessing.

but when the status of penny himself is soooooo questionable as to his ability & future with the jets, its really not hard to keep people guessing. i'm not sure if mangini is 100% sure of penny's future.

can penny ever be 100%?

will mangini sit him for 1/2 or whole season or whatever it takes til he is sure about being 100%?

does mangini believe penny is the future?

I guess we'll have a pretty good idea sunday

you guys are all assuming two things;

1-that Chad will even BE the starter and

2-that we're going to suck so bad this season that playing a rookie QB is a "oh well we might as well" scenario

I ain't signing on to either right now-not yet anyway-I've been watching this game for too long to know that anything can and probably will happen

A LOT is going to change between now and August and a twice as much between August and December

Archived