Message to Tangini - Shoot for the stars

Green Jets & Ham

Don't be a penny wise and a dollar stupid ... some things are worth overpaying for within reason, and if Reggie Bush is not one of those things I'll streak naked down Time Square on New Years eve while wearing a "KICK ME" sign on my backside

I know what the value chart says ... #4, #35, #71 and a late round pick should suffice ... but if the Saints are adamant about scraping that late round pick and transofrimg #35 into #29, you don't lose Reggie Bush over six draft slots ... Give'em #29 instead and let's all celebrate the BIGGEST GET since Sonny Werblin lassooed Joe Willie Namath away from the NFL and straight into NY Jets lore

BE BOLD

DARE TO BE GREAT

If it takes #29 as opposed to #35, six lously slots is a small price to pay for Gale Sayers incarnate

Conversely, to lose this phenom over six lously slots would be the height of folly .. penny wise and a dollar stupid

I know we need more pieces, I kow we have a ton of holes to fill, but when you have a chance to land a player of this magnitude it's a once in a lifetime proposition ... either you strike while the iron is not, or you tell your Grandchildren about the time Gandpa had a chance to acquire Reggie Bush in a draft day trade and blew it, over six measley draft slots :sad:

Value charts are nice fellas, I'm a big proponent of them myself, but if there's ever a time to overpay for a pending super-star of mega proportions, now is that time

You only Get one chance at one of these, the Sayers, Sanders, Dorsetts, etc, they only come around so often and rarely are you even in a position to snatch one .. when it happens to be that you are, toss away the rule book and GET IT DONE .. barring injury you'll never regret it

Again, I'm not talkin about over paying wildly, just six slots over the chart price ... that's a small price to overpay for Reggie Bush if it MAKES or BREAKS the deal

Hammer... In a draft THIS deep that will have a bunch of great options at 4 you don't overpay for anybody. We will be getting 3 players with first round grades... and this draft is deep in the mid rounders. I am not saying no to Reggie Bush, I am saying no to giving up the farm for him.

Terrible reference. Just about every Jets fan wanted Marino... and he was available when we handed in the pick...

The better reference is Browing Nagle. When the Jets were too cheap to trade up a couple of slots for the guy they wanted then........Brett Favre.

The better reference is Browing Nagle. When the Jets were too cheap to trade up a couple of slots for the guy they wanted then........Brett Favre.

Better analogy

But it's all the same

I can not believe these guys not wanting hand over 29 and 71 for this guy

He's a game changer.......our own face of the franchise

A guy that makes us a playoff contender NEXT YEAR

Unfortunately....I think the Saints will end up spending the $$$$$$$ for this guy

Don;t blame them

Damn:Nuts:

Factoid: No RB taken in the top five has gone to the Super Bowl with the team that drafted him. (note: Tony Dorsett is the exception, but Dallas was coming off a Super Bowl loss and got Dorsett with a traded pick)

The Saints don't want Bush. They have 30 mil invested in McAllister, and Benson always whines about low revenue.... this guy is as cheap an owner as there is. He already let Payton go over budget in FA (my guess) and Bush will demand well over 25 mil in garanteed $.

I say no more than 2, 29 and 3.7. Let 'em sit on it and rotate. This team cannot afford to sell the entire farm for Bush.... the south forty, OK, but not the whole freakin farm.

Factoid: No RB taken in the top five has gone to the Super Bowl with the team that drafted him. (note: Tony Dorsett is the exception, but Dallas was coming off a Super Bowl loss and got Dorsett with a traded pick)

The Saints don't want Bush. They have 30 mil invested in McAllister, and Benson always whines about low revenue.... this guy is as cheap an owner as there is. He already let Payton go over budget in FA (my guess) and Bush will demand well over 25 mil in garanteed $.

I say no more than 2, 29 and 3.7. Let 'em sit on it and rotate. This team cannot afford to sell the entire farm for Bush.... the south forty, OK, but not the whole freakin farm.

I agree.

the sticking point supposedly is the #71 along with the 2 and 29-come on man That's friggin Sione Pohau-give it up or how about DRob and the 4th,and either 29th or 35th-all worth it.This guy is a rock star and will be HUGE on the Times Square billboards

Hell NO...

The Saints don't want him. Bush doesn't want the Saints. At this point I would offer my 4 and and 35 and that's it. Even then I think I am over paying.

You all know that the Saints don't want him and the Texans don't have a QB so they will not draft bush. All this hype about other teams trading up is just talk with the price tag that NO is asking for.

Another point, with all the family issues that have been surfacing about Bush and his family and the way the contract negotiations with the Texans have gone, don'y you all see some character issues that would give us problems as well?

Hell NO...

The Saints don't want him. Bush doesn't want the Saints. At this point I would offer my 4 and and 35 and that's it. Even then I think I am over paying.

You all know that the Saints don't want him and the Texans don't have a QB so they will not draft bush. All this hype about other teams trading up is just talk with the price tag that NO is asking for.

Another point, with all the family issues that have been surfacing about Bush and his family and the way the contract negotiations with the Texans have gone, don'y you all see some character issues that would give us problems as well?

A voice of reason.

NO doesn't want him.

They get a free pick #35 overall.

Their top draft pick's contract just got lowered by $15M.

They get to stay in the top 4 - high enough to still land Brick.

They could still trade down yet again from #4. They may even get more than we would for #4 since they're a bigger threat to draft Young.

I like Reggie Bush but I have a problem with giving up draft picks to get him.

If he's there at #4 then by all means, take him but with White, Maroney and Addai all likely to be on the board at #29 and probably 2 out the 3 of them still there at #35 it's a very hard sell.

At least in my mind anyway.

Ham

Where were you last night when I was trying to sink these same thoughts into the "lets stand pat crew"

I swear, this board is full of Kenny O lovers, rather than a Marino crew

And nobobies even talkin about Gettin hosed ... this is not some Ricky Williams or Heschal Walker trade I'm talkin about ... I'm talkin about 75 lousy Value Points

If we trade #4, #29 and #71 for the #2 Overall Pick, we are only overpaying by 75 VP's

#2 = 2600 VP's

#4, #29 & #71 = 2675 VP's

Now of course I wouldn't make any wacked out deals like Walker and Williams. those were THOUSANDS OF VP's over chart value .. no-one is worth overpaying to that degree .. but if we can exceed the chart by 75 VP's, which is the price of a 4th RD Pick, and that Gets us Reggie Bush .. I make that trade in a nano-second

Basicially all I'm talkin about here is haggling over 35 or 29 .. #4 and #71 is a Given, but will that middle pick be #29 or #35 .. if it's 35 we are slightly under-paying, and if it's 29 we are slightly over-paying .. so if those six slots are MAKE or BREAK, Give'em the extra six slots {29}, we keep 35, and let's snatch Reggie Bush

Exactly. The question that needs to be answered is why Charlie Casserly didn't want him.

Ham

Where were you last night when I was trying to sink these same thoughts into the "lets stand pat crew"

I swear, this board is full of Kenny O lovers, rather than a Marino crew

Yea JonE, the last time the Jets were bold and made a big move they ended up with DFat.

How'd that turn out?:eek:

A voice of reason.

NO doesn't want him.

They get a free pick #35 overall.

Their top draft pick's contract just got lowered by $15M.

They get to stay in the top 4 - high enough to still land Brick.

They could still trade down yet again from #4. They may even get more than we would for #4 since they're a bigger threat to draft Young.

NOW ,that would be some smart chit on there part...they would have a TON of picks this if they did this...

And nobobies even talkin about Gettin hosed ...

Basicially all I'm talkin about here is haggling over 35 or 29 .. #4 and #71 is a Given, but will that middle pick be #29 or #35

The reality is at 29 - D'Brick, McNeil, Winston, and Justice are gone. At 35 - maybe Mangold is still around. Who's going to block for Red Grange Bush and keep him out of a cast for a lot of his career?

Reggie Bush will be no better than Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk, or LT. All 3 RBs experienced a lot of losing until good teams were put around them.

This is not Peyton Manning or Carson Palmer we are trying to trade up for. Bush is an RB, a super talented RB, but still an RB. No need to give up the house for this guy.

Keep the picks, plug other holes, build up the OLINE then there is always a stephen davis you can pick up off the street to lead you to a super bowl just as the Carolina Panthers did.

JMHO of course.

Reggie Bush will be no better than Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk, or LT. All 3 RBs experienced a lot of losing until good teams were put around them.

This is not Peyton Manning or Carson Palmer we are trying to trade up for. Bush is an RB, a super talented RB, but still an RB. No need to give up the house for this guy.

Keep the picks, plug other holes, build up the OLINE then there is always a stephen davis you can pick up off the street to lead you to a super bowl just as the Carolina Panthers did.

JMHO of course.

Not JYHO. A lot of us think this way.

Reggie Bush is as close to a monk you are gonna get in the NFL draft - the family thing people in the NFL actually respect - everyone plays to get their mamma a house - everyone. It's an NCAA violation but who the fuk cares about the NCAA

Reggie Bush is as close to a monk you are gonna get in the NFL draft - the family thing people in the NFL actually respect - everyone plays to get their mamma a house - everyone. It's an NCAA violation but who the fuk cares about the NCAA

Couldn't agree more, Bit ... if I'm drafting for a team, this is not even on my radar of things to worry about ... it's not even in my footnotes

Archived