Question for the Board

Tinstar2

During the Terry Bradway/Herman Edward regime,it was widely considered that Terry Bradway held final say on all decisions not related to the actual on field presentation.

What Part in this same equation does Mr Ti play in conjunction with Eric Mangini since MR T was never a talent evulator .

You know something Tin, since both are new at their respective jobs, I would imagine both guys support each other and get supporting cast of opinions from the rest of the staff. Final opinion may come to one guy on one matter and the other guy on another...joint effort is the bottom line.

I think at this stage the both of them are a lot closer than most

GM's and coaches. I think it was a joint effort by both on the draft

and udfa. You didn't hear like you did with other teams that there

was a difference of opinion on any of the jets top picks.

I think once training camp starts Mangini will handle the team and

if he thinks he needs a player or two Mr. T. will go out and get it for him.

BTW Tin, good job on you know what. I know at least 6 guys cheering

from the sidelines. LOL

You know something Tin, since both are new at their respective jobs, I would imagine both guys support each other and get supporting cast of opinions from the rest of the staff. Final opinion may come to one guy on one matter and the other guy on another...joint effort is the bottom line.

Both may be new at their respective Jobs,but Mangini has more experience as a talent evaluator since he has coach a perticular position,and have overseen( according to bellichek) the defense of the Former SB champs.

Everything I have read the two have a good working relationship- it would seem to be a joint collaboration effort going with scouts and front office in putting together the team

I think at this stage the both of them are a lot closer than most

GM's and coaches. I think it was a joint effort by both on the draft

and udfa. You didn't hear like you did with other teams that there

was a difference of opinion on any of the jets top picks.

I think once training camp starts Mangini will handle the team and

if he thinks he needs a player or two Mr. T. will go out and get it for him.

BTW Tin, good job on you know what. I know at least 6 guys cheering

from the sidelines. LOL

Here's where I wanted to go with this situation.I will begin this by saying I had no problem overall with the job Terry bradway did as GM for the Jets.He got us quite a few quality Players via the draft and free agency.

The problem as i saw it was that the GM and HC never appeared to be on the same page when it came to the draft.Terry Bradway told everyone that there was no player worthy of 2 draft picks when the Jets traded up to take Dwayne Robertson.Herman Edwards loved this player,so the Gm gave him his Warren sapp or so they thought.Before this,the Players the jets took in the draft either didn't fit the offensive scheme or the defensive Scheme the HC had outlined as his base of opperations.Santana Moss was not a fit for Chad pennington and his control passing gamewhile Lav Coles was.I had no trouble with the way Coles left the Jets because i don't believe in paying a non premium player that type of money.

The way the last 5 yrs went,it appears that both men actually contributed to each other's downfall.The fact that the team did as well as it did was a tribute to the Players desire to play for their HC because of the way he treated them.

If Mike T will allow himself to be put in a position whereby he's willing to just go get the players his HC believes will best assist him in winning the Championship then I expect this regime will be successfull.These men fit the criteria that i have long for as the on and off field leaders of my NYJ.It was the same criteria that led me to fight for the continued tenure of the former regime.Young people who can come in install a program and build it into something special.All that was needed was a degreee of early success and a commitment from the ownership.

I hope we finally have what i have been waiting for.All i need to see now is some degree of early success.

What does that make Mr T other than a yes man for Mangini.
Well he needs someone to make it all fit finacially. I'm sure he does have a certain amount of input on that. It's not just, "get me Mr. X, the sky's the limit."

Well he needs someone to make it all fit finacially. I'm sure he does have a certain amount of input on that. It's not just, "get me Mr. X, the sky's the limit."

I guess you're right to some extent.The way this would/Could work is Mangini tells Mr T who to target and Mr T decides how much those targets will be paid.

I think Mangini is making the final calls, but Tannenbaum has a strong imput into the situation, on a case by case basis. This is how it probably went for the FA period. As far as the draft, I think that the scouts and Tannenbaum sat together, and bounced ideas off Eric (and Bradway, to an extent), with Eric having final call.

As far as the draft, I think that the scouts and Tannenbaum sat together, and bounced ideas off Eric (and Bradway, to an extent), with Eric having final call.

Why don't I have a feeling that anyone that Bradway liked they took off the List??:eek:

What does that make Mr T other than a yes man for Mangini.

They also have scouts and player evaluators. I think Mangini has the most pull, but Tannenbaum has stated that he will listen to all scouts and player evaluators, along with Mangini, and decide the best direction from there.

They also have scouts and player evaluators. I think Mangini has the most pull, but Tannenbaum has stated that he will listen to all scouts and player evaluators, along with Mangini, and decide the best direction from there.

I understand all that,but i firmly believe that Mangini is the power behind the scene because Mr T more of a cap manager than he is a talent evaluator.Mind you,i have no problem with a man knowing his strengths and weaknesses and operating within those peramiters.

Archived