June 1st- Team Salary Cap Cuts

I think the number of June 1 cap casualties this year is supposed to be much lower than in past years because the new collective bargaining agrrement allowed teams to immediately cut players and treat them as June 1 cap casualties (share the cap hit with next year's cap). I may be wrong, but I don't think you will see a large amount of June 1 cuts.

I think the number of June 1 cap casualties this year is supposed to be much lower than in past years because the new collective bargaining agrrement allowed teams to immediately cut players and treat them as June 1 cap casualties (share the cap hit with next year's cap). I may be wrong, but I don't think you will see a large amount of June 1 cuts.

Not to mention the teams (like the Jets) were furiously working to get under the $92M cap before the new CBA & then got an extra $10M in cap room after the new CBA went into effect a couple weeks later.

This is basically correct. You can do this with 2 players.

Archived