Early Power Rankings...Peter Prisco CBS Sportsline

NIGHT STALKER

Well, we got no place to go but "UP". It seems we play better as "underdogs" anyway. Every win will be like a playoff win this year, & every team we beat will be going back to the "drawing board" & evaluate their team.

It should be an interestng year!!!

Actually, this is 2006. There are 32 teams in the NFL. :)

1 Pittsburgh Steelers 1

Does this team have any holes? And please don't say anything about the loss of Jerome Bettis. He won't be missed. What's even more amazing is Ben Roethlisberger is still getting better. They are the team to beat.

**With a 27-4 record so far, how much better could he get? :eek:

I agree though, this kid is still developing. Just imagine if he continues to progress at his current pace. :eek:

My big fear is the injury bug. Avoid costly injuries to certain players and i think the Steelers will be fine.**

**Sorry CoachT, couldn't resist the urge to post. :rolleyes:

Get used to it for the next 10 years.

ahh...its good to know you still love kicking us around tx. I was starting to get worried you were warming up to us with all the good talk about mangini and his good moves!:P

**With a 27-4 record so far, how much better could he get? :eek:

I agree though, this kid is still developing. Just imagine if he continues to progress at his current pace. :eek:

My big fear is the injury bug. Avoid costly injuries to certain players and i think the Steelers will be fine.**

**Sorry CoachT, couldn't resist the urge to post. :rolleyes:

For the love of mercy.:eek:

Big Ben walked into the most perfect situation that any QB coming out of college could ask for, regardless if he was a 1st rounder or a 7th rounder.

When the dude can throw more than 10 passes a game and carry the Steelers to victory, then I will be impressed.

To compare Big Ben to Manning or Brady is a complete joke.

Big Ben walked into the most perfect situation that any QB coming out of college could ask for, regardless if he was a 1st rounder or a 7th rounder.

When the dude can throw more than 10 passes a game and carry the Steelers to victory, then I will be impressed.

Yeah, you got that right...Big Ben is head and shoulders above those two...that's what you meant, right TX?:eek:

All the Phin fans do is live off that undefeated season.

How the hell can they have one of the greatest QB's of all-time and never win a Super Bowl?:eek:

Because it's a team sport, look how many SB's "THE BRONCOS" lost before they won back to back. Where the losses Elways fault??? I don't think so, he did his part, but he couldnt win one till a SB winning "TEAM" was built around him. It ain't rocket science.

Did you even watch the playoffs? The Steelers won because they opened up the passing game. When there's a passing game, it's because the QB is throwing the ball. Big Ben won the Super Bowl. To compare Ben to Manning is an insult...to Ben. Ben wins in the playoffs. And I don't even like the Steelers.

Get used to it for the next 10 years.

We should be telling you that pats will go nowhere this year you heard it here 1st. You claim youve been a pats fan forever you live in f*ckin texas you dumbass hick bandwagon fan peice of sh*t get a real life and post your bull**** on your own team board thats why its there.

We should be telling you that pats will go nowhere this year you heard it here 1st. You claim youve been a pats fan forever you live in f*ckin texas you dumbass hick bandwagon fan peice of sh*t get a real life and post your bull**** on your own team board thats why its there.

Hey dewbag, how does it feel to be a fan of a pathetic football team that hasn't even made it to the Super Bowl in 37 friggn' years?

How does it feel knowing your franchise is on a decline at this point and will go nowhere.

Every team has fans like you that think their division rivals are on the decline, even if their not. It's your way of dealing with your own dismal season ahead.

Ofcourse the Pats won't win the division every year, but they are far from declining.

Every team has fans like you that think their division rivals are on the decline, even if their not. It's your way of dealing with your own dismal season ahead.

Ofcourse the Pats won't win the division every year, but they are far from declining.

Holy crap, a Phins fan that actually has an objective viewpoint.:eek:

Oh please dont be a little b*tch because we own you winning the last 12 of 16 meetings and our 3rd string QB threw for 327 yards on your crappy Defense.

When Big Ben has multiple Super Bowl rings, then we'll talk.

Until then, he's a one hit wonder.;)

Usually you are objective, but I'm not sure if I believe you said this about Brady, but maybe I am wrong.

After 2 years, Ben and Brady have the same number of Super Bowl rings. I don't know their total regular season wins, but I think Ben probably has the edge there. Brady has the better playoff win percentage, since he didn't take a loss until just this year. Ben probably has more playoff wins in the first 2 years of his career though. You can't compare Brady's entire career with Ben's entire career right now, since Ben has played so much less. If you just take the first 2 years of both, hell, Ben is actually better. He has one SB win and took his team to the playoffs both years, whereas Brady had 1 SB win but didn't make the playoffs his second year (or did he? I forget, maybe he had both SB wins, I just know that we won the division 1 year so you guys didn't get in). Still, Ben is pretty good overall if you look at him fairly.

Usually you are objective, but I'm not sure if I believe you said this about Brady, but maybe I am wrong.

After 2 years, Ben and Brady have the same number of Super Bowl rings. I don't know their total regular season wins, but I think Ben probably has the edge there. Brady has the better playoff win percentage, since he didn't take a loss until just this year. Ben probably has more playoff wins in the first 2 years of his career though. You can't compare Brady's entire career with Ben's entire career right now, since Ben has played so much less. If you just take the first 2 years of both, hell, Ben is actually better. He has one SB win and took his team to the playoffs both years, whereas Brady had 1 SB win but didn't make the playoffs his second year (or did he? I forget, maybe he had both SB wins, I just know that we won the division 1 year so you guys didn't get in). Still, Ben is pretty good overall if you look at him fairly.

OK, let's set the record straight.

I'm a huge fan of Rothlisberger (I'm just busting StillerPaul's chops) and what he has accomplished in his short career.

Yea, he doesn't throw 40 times a game, but I'll tell you what, every time he has to hit a big pass, the guy comes through. That is what you call clutch.

Secondly, the guy never makes mistakes in critical situations.

The two things you want to see from your QB is the ability to make clutch plays and minimize mistakes, especially in crucial game situations.

I'm a big fan of what Rothelisberger has done so far.

Hey dewbag, how does it feel to be a fan of a pathetic football team that hasn't even made it to the Super Bowl in 37 friggn' years?

Dewbag? That's a new one. You're either a tremendous speller or you know some pretty amazing vocabulary. Either way you're a fair-weather Pats fan who was probably rooting for the Dallas Cowboys ten years ago and the San Francisco 49ers ten years earlier.

After you visit this site, do you go to Chicago Bullsnation.com? They haven't been that good lately so you're probably more of a Spurs fan now. Ofcourse, if the Spurs lose to the Mavs tommorrow night you may start looking to buy a Dirk Nowitzki jersey.

Oh please dont be a little b*tch because we own you winning the last 12 of 16 meetings and our 3rd string QB threw for 327 yards on your crappy Defense.

I love immature fans such as yourself, it makes the wins even better. BTW, what does what happend last year have to do with this year??? Our secondary was the worst part of our D last year...we have addressed that problem. Enjoy watching the Fins in the playoffs this year.

I love immature fans such as yourself, it makes the wins even better. BTW, what does what happend last year have to do with this year??? Our secondary was the worst part of our D last year...we have addressed that problem. Enjoy watching the Fins in the playoffs this year.

Just for the record.

The Phins and Pats will challenge for the AFCE next year.

The Bills and Jets will challenge each other to see which team stays out of the basement.

Have fun rooting for that crap.:eek:

Just for the record.

The Phins and Pats will challenge for the AFCE next year.

The Bills and Jets will challenge each other to see which team stays out of the basement.

Have fun rooting for that crap.:eek:

Tx,

Which franchise had a better offseason: Jets or Bills?

Are you kidding me?

The Bills draft looks like what the Jets did the last 5 years.

My point is where the Jets finish this year isn't terribly important. What is important is that this coaching staff grow and learn from the inevitable rookie mistakes. Because otherwise, they are headed in the right direction.

Archived