Daunte Culpepper

Lets see how he leads his Miami team this year..........

Daunte is probably the only QB that I've seen play Seattle more than any other other NFL team, that was worth to watch!!! LOL

I have to admit that he is one QB IMPO that had blossomed as a decision-maker. Daunte has a strong arm and is a bruising runner. He always had the superior physical skills, but he didn't have the mental discipline that it takes to be an elite QB for the NFL.........(thats my opinion)

His lack of discipline started to catch up with him during the next couple off seasons. When he made a mistake, he would get rattled very easily, and then he would quickly make things worse by trying to do too much the next time he touched the ball. (23 NFL-High Intercepts)

I think he really needs to stop thinking that he has to do something spectacular every time he touches the ball. (Just throw the dang thing)LOL

He doesn't have to be Superman, or have to break three tackles and throw a 50yarder pass on every play.... Sometimes he needs to just throw it away and let the punter do HIS JOB!!!!! LOL

Daunte is not playing the field positon game right....The more poor decisions he makes then puts the team in bad positions!!!! IMPO

I do still think he has game and he is only scratched the surface of his abilties as a QB...... We just have to wait and see what Thunder he makes for his new team now!!!!.:cheers:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Daunte Culpepper does not have a #1 WR, he will NOT win.

Culpepper will not be the QB for all 16 games either. He'll be lucky to be back for Week 5.

If he plays himself at about oh, 50% before that, oh well, he's only hurting himself, the Dolphins and his chances of a full recovery.

You play for the next 7-10 seasons, not just this one.

If Daunte Culpepper does not have a #1 WR, he will NOT win.

Culpepper will not be the QB for all 16 games either. He'll be lucky to be back for Week 5.

If he plays himself at about oh, 50% before that, oh well, he's only hurting himself, the Dolphins and his chances of a full recovery.

You play for the next 7-10 seasons, not just this one.

He is not fully recoverd yet, but they are playin him regardless.....I think Miami has thought that they reached higher standards by having him lead!! LOL Wait and see kind of game, ya know.....;)

He is not fully recoverd yet, but they are playin him regardless.....I think Miami has thought that they reached higher standards by having him lead!! LOL Wait and see kind of game, ya know.....;)

Miami's organization are a bunch of fools if they let Culpepper go out there Week 1 against Pittsburgh. Troy Polamalu and Joey Porter will eat him alive and knock him out for the entire season if Miami isn't careful.

They're best bet is to go with Harrington for the first 4-6 games then try to get Culpepper in there.

2007 is there year to seriously compete for the Super Bowl if Ricky Williams is allowed to return to the NFL (Onterrio Smith wasn't, so who knows) and if they get some more defensive help on that aging D.

Are you just going to start a thread for every single QB in the league?

No, just the black ones it seems. Maybe Jetman doesn't satisfy her yearnings in size so she has taken up a hobby of idolizing black athletes for her fantasies. :dohslap:

No, just the black ones it seems. Maybe Jetman doesn't satisfy her yearnings in size so she has taken up a hobby of idolizing black athletes for her fantasies. :dohslap:

Ouch.

Low blow. Very low blow.

Maybe he's just too busy looking for that license plate.

Or maybe he should put batteries in that turkey leg.

That was below the belt so to speak but it was a shot that had to be taken.

Believe me, I've been in the military and taken showers with many guys from all walks of life...the size thing is a myth.

Believe me, I've been in the military and taken showers with many guys from all walks of life...the size thing is a myth.

That just doesn't seem like information that I would have just given out willingly. :)

That just doesn't seem like information that I would have just given out willingly. :)

Now that you mention it, I forget how some of you guys have your minds in the gutter all the time...I could have said I was in jail...that would have really released the hounds.

I can assure your fantasies by saying Jetman is well in tact....Just Call him the Big Kahuna...Lmao;)

I don't have to idolize to know who's who in the NFL. I just know their Chidt and how they play it!!! LOL:)

I can assure your fantasies by saying Jetman is well in tact....Just Call him the Big Kahuna...Lmao;)

I don't have to idolize to know who's who in the NFL. I just know their Chidt and how they play it!!! LOL:)

Well there seems to be a lot more to what Daunte does and has done then you have written. Why would you start threads and then leave half the information out or make it appear as though Daunte is not worthy of a 2nd round pick?? From what I read in your post it would seem as though Daunte is just a roll of the dice, and I think thats very misleading. I'm sure had the Jets picked him up, your post would have been slightly different. Daunte had a whole lotta change to his team in 05, on the field and on the sideline. I think 05 is a wash becuse of the changes and the injury. Daunte had his best season in 04 on a team that was 8-8. I know because I'm a fin fan I'll have little credibility here, but how could you say Daunte is a poor decision maker if he nearly won league MVP in 2004.

You can form whatever opinion you like, it won't hurt my feelings.

I'll just simply choose to disagree with you till he flops in Miami. It also seems to me many Jet fans here have little respect for Daunte, though I believe thats more from fear then it is from Dauntes "lack" of ability. See Jet fans have grown use to the Dolphins having sub-par QB play for the last five seasons. Now we have a franchise QB again and they want to dismiss it because it's eaiser then facing reality.

Daunte doesn't have the career he's had by being a poor decsion maker. Infact it's quite the oposite. We also have talent in Miami and coaching, once again something the Jet fans would rather ignore. At this point to say one way or the other what will or won't happen is pointless, but the odds makers in Vegas seem to think Miami will be rather good next year and it's becuse of the combination of talent and coaching that determine the odds. Are they always right?? No, will they make Billions of dollars this year playing the odds???You damn right they will so something is working in their system and is why they pick the fins to do rather well this year. Are we a SB contender? No, not this year. "Could" we win the division?? Most definitely!!

Bottom line Daunte isn't just a little upgrade, he's a huge upgrade. Mike Tice is no longer his coach Saban is and Saban is a master at building confidence in players. I'm 100% certain Dauntes "poor decisions" were a direct result of a coach that had lost confidence in himself, so it isn't hard to see how Daunte could have taken a step backwards in 05. Also when a player decides to take everything on themselves to make up for the loss of talent poor results can occur. Like I said there was a whole lot that went on in Minn. last year and whatever mistakes Daunte made, he won't be playing in the same situation this year in Miami. We are adding talent not losing it.

I'm sure had the Jets picked him up, your post would have been slightly different.

I think she would have posted the same thing. She's a Seahawks and Patriots fan, in case you couldn't figure it out.

Well there seems to be a lot more to what Daunte does and has done then you have written. Why would you start threads and then leave half the information out or make it appear as though Daunte is not worthy of a 2nd round pick?? From what I read in your post it would seem as though Daunte is just a roll of the dice, and I think thats very misleading.

You can form whatever opinion you like, it won't hurt my feelings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made the statement formed by MY Opinion and sorry if it hurts your feelings. (I try hard not to do that)LOL:)

Sorry to hear your a Fins fan, but you can spat all you want about Daunte, but until you have attended over 7 yrs of watching him play w/the Vikings?-Then you come back and get with me on that!!!

I never stated that he has done nothing for his team? WTF? In fact he has done alot for that team, and they are very sad to see him trade his horns in for fins!!!! LOL

While most of the focus of the NFL fans seemed to be glued to the Touchdown totals of Manning and the winning streak of Roethlisberger, Daunte, was flying under the radar and he had produced one of the greatest seasons for their team back then. He led the league in passing yards and tossed 39 touchdown passes, tying him w/ Brett Favre for the Fifith-highest total in the NFL history!!!! I still remember back in 2000 his first year as the teams starter, he did manage to lead the Vikings to an 11-5 record and first-round playoff victory over them Saints.

Also he was really remembered in 2002 by being booed by his fans for throwing a NFL-High 23 interceptions.--(I was at that game btw)

I would like to say if it werent for Linehan, who was the teams top offensive coach at the time, It helped the team turn their games around by 2003 and hitting their mark back in 2004.

He did throw with amazing accuracy, as well, posting a passer rating of the fourth -highest ever recorded. He just missed the record of 70.55 which had been set in 1982 by Kenny Anderson..........

Yes, his numbers were remarkable, but there was more to it than that. Daunte needs to be more patient with the Vikings Offense and he will not be forced to throw fewer throws. He would force an interception, rather thatn throw the ball away when he is in trouble!!!

Im sure he has reconditioned himself and has learned to see the "BIG PICTURE" now.....LOL

He can make mistakes, he can get better!!--Thats why I stated he has only scratched the surface of his abilities....Its a wait and see how he plays game--catch my drift?

Daunte is his own worst enemy,---Bottom Line!!!!:cheers:

Your a Poop!!! Trying to start somethen Thor?:) LOL

You know you have to back up what your sayin about me..:cheers:

Let us hope that that was the first and last time somebody says "your a poop" to somebody else on this message board.

LMAO!!! :rotf:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made the statement formed by MY Opinion and sorry if it hurts your feelings. (I try hard not to do that)LOL:)

Sorry to hear your a Fins fan, but you can spat all you want about Daunte, but until you have attended over 7 yrs of watching him play w/the Vikings?-Then you come back and get with me on that!!!

As I said before and you clearly didn't read, "You can form whatever opinion you like, it won't hurt my feelings". Maybe you'll read it this time, maybe you won't.

Sorry to hear I'm a Dolphin fan?? How mature and arrogant of you. I guess anyone who has two favorite teams is a bit wishy washy anyways (VERY FITTING...for a woman) so I'll let that slide, since (fair weather fan) is clearly a better title for you.

I never stated that he has done nothing for his team? WTF? In fact he has done alot for that team, and they are very sad to see him trade his horns in for fins!!!! LOL

Ummmm, I never said, you said, he did nothing for his team.....put down Harlequin romance novel and try to focus here, this is football talk, not gossip in the ladies room!!!

While most of the focus of the NFL fans seemed to be glued to the Touchdown totals of Manning and the winning streak of Roethlisberger, Daunte, was flying under the radar and he had produced one of the greatest seasons for their team back then. He led the league in passing yards and tossed 39 touchdown passes, tying him w/ Brett Favre for the Fifith-highest total in the NFL history!!!! I still remember back in 2000 his first year as the teams starter, he did manage to lead the Vikings to an 11-5 record and first-round playoff victory over them Saints.

All right let me try to make this clear, you're really not in position to evaluate NFL.....anything. I'll tell you why, first you don't really grasp what it is you're writting about. By that I mean, in one post you try to sell Daunte as an inconsistent bad decision maker and the next thread you talk about how he had one of the top five QB performances in league history and how in his rookie season he lead the Vikes to the playoffs. Exactly when, in between his rookie playoff run, his three porbowl apperances and his near record season of 2004 did he have time to be inconsistant?? I guess you're gonna tell me the league just felt like there weren't enough black players getting attention and thats why the league overlooked his bad decsion making so he could attend the probowls and nearly win league MVP mixed in with a few Playoff apperances. Please accept the fact that your posts and opinions are as wishy washy as you decisions just to choose a team.

Also he was really remembered in 2002 by being booed by his fans for throwing a NFL-High 23 interceptions.--(I was at that game btw).

Peyton Mannings 3rd season:

2001 Indianapolis Colts 16 16 547 343 62.7 4131 7.55 86 26 23 29/232 55 11 84.1

Daunte Culpeppers 3rd season:

2002 Minnesota Vikings 16 16 549 333 60.7 3853 7.02 61 18 23 47/244 48 9 75.3

Again, you need to stop posting...you're clueless!!!

I would like to say if it werent for Linehan, who was the teams top offensive coach at the time, It helped the team turn their games around by 2003 and hitting their mark back in 2004.

Care to guess what system the fins now run??? I say guess because you clearly don't know. OK I'll tell you, Scott Linehan!

In the immortal words of Ace Ventura......can you fell that, huh?? Can you feel it!!! The demons have been exorcised!!!

Yes, his numbers were remarkable, but there was more to it than that. Daunte needs to be more patient with the Vikings Offense and he will not be forced to throw fewer throws. He would force an interception, rather thatn throw the ball away when he is in trouble!!!

I'll just throw this out there and see if it sticks.

Maybe, just maybe what Daunte needs is a better supporting cast, I guess you don't think it was the talent around him or the coaching maybe? Nope it's all Daunte making poor decisions. I think Miami has a lot of talent to put around Daunte or is the only talent in the NFL in Seattle and NE only???

Im sure he has reconditioned himself and has learned to see the "BIG PICTURE" now.....LOL

He can make mistakes, he can get better!!--Thats why I stated he has only scratched the surface of his abilities....Its a wait and see how he plays game--catch my drift?

Daunte is his own worst enemy,---Bottom Line!!!

Bottom line, you're one person with a less then impressive knowledge of the game, don't quit your day job. And stop evaluating QB's till you know what you're talking about.

2 things.

1.Culpepper has a great #1 WR in Chris Chambers. You guys must be watching him play with one eye closed because he is as good if not better than any WR we have on our roster.

2. That seahawkchick is too hot to be dating JetMan67. This sickens me. It would be like taking a beautiful steak and cooking it in the microwave.

Archived