The "Always Wear Your Helmet" Edition of POTW - June 14, 2006

GreenBeans

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to this week's edition of POTW. Let's get right to the point and announce this week's winner!

The winning post this week comes from a first time winner - a man that "felt the pain" a little earlier today - a RLTW type of guy. That's right, our winner this week is JetFanFL. The winning post was:

Dolphins don't have a waiting list either...in fact, I get a call after every season if I would like to purchase season tickets. I tell them I already am a season ticket holder and the conversation goes like this..."But, we don't see you on our list" and my reply is..."I am Jets season ticket holder"...

Screwing with a telemarketing company AND screwing with the Miami Dolphins organization is beautiful in this legume's opinion. As a result, it enters the ranks of the other POTW winners. Congratulations to JetFanFL and just for the record I live in North Carolina and do not want to travel to South Florida to discuss this with you. ;):cheers:

Other posts considered this week were:

(Topic: What Is Your Stance?)

Originally Posted by L.I.MikeBleedsGreen

When I was 10 years old i went down to the store and their were 2 men having a fight ,Right out front of the store i had to go into.Anyway, I was so Afraid to come back out of the store,b/c of the police were out there.So when I finally built up the guts to leave ,I tried to walk real fast pass them ,but when i thought i was clear ,the cops said hey kid come over here.

And this is how it all began!!! It was winter time so i had saved up for a JETS Skully.When the cop seen it, he said your a Fu@kin JETS Fan and then he Slapped me across my head and knocked my Skully off. Then the other cop starts to laugh and says you should be a Giants Fan Stupid the Jets Stink.I told the 2 cops that Iliked the colors and the team.

So you want to Know what my Stance Is? IT'S GO JETS,SINCE I WAS 10 AND FU@K PIGS FOR LIFE!!!! THAT'S MY STANCE

-----

Originally Posted by Fred Jetstone

What's an alter ego?

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

in your case a 4th string QB

-----

(Topic: Top Rivalries in Sports)

Originally Posted by Big Al NYC

Miami vs. Miami-Dade Police Department

-----

Originally Posted by Max

I hear you. I was in a meeting and didn't even know about the news (Zarqwai's death) until Southern posted it. I was certainly happy about it. Just didn't like the odds on the conversation remaining peaceful!

Originally Posted by joewilly

HAPPY ABOUT IT? thats a typical response from you rightist neocons!!!!!!

taking a mans life with a bigaass bomb without even offering a fair trial.

or were you HAPPY ABOUT IT cause you bleedin heart liberals are glad our military has a few less bombs to ptotect this great country with, you know since you all seem to hate this country.

-----

Originally Posted by Smizzy

We both know you rich bastards buy babies from poor families and turn them into pulp and then and use it as cologne.

Originally Posted by Thor99

Not true. The babies of poor people stink.

Originally Posted by Smizzy

But they are cheaper by the dozen .

Originally Posted by Boozer76

Which is why we use them in the mulch around our flower beds to keep the deeraway.

-----

(Topic: Best Team Ever)

Originally Posted by GreenBeans

1968 NY Jets

-----

Originally Posted by The Real 80

i found alk's! (avatar) here it is:

nothing! cuz that's what there is in kansas ;)

-----

(Topic: Caption this)

060607_edwards_vmed_3p.widec.jpg

Originally Posted by shutout

Tank Reed(not pictured): Hey man,shutup...coach knows what he's doing...Now,save my place in the buffet line,I gotta go punch Derrick Johnson.

-----

Originally Posted by Panzer Division Marduk

Macs are devices of evil. Pure and simple.

-----

(Topic: The Best Record in New York)

Originally Posted by faba

No team can cry about injuries- part of the game - suck it up

-----

The Runner-up of the Week Sponsored by PatsFanTX

Originally Posted by Jetman67

Dude,

This is permanent!!! Till death do us part!! Seriously we have a relationship that I really never thought actually existed. True Soulmates!!

(Ed. Note - Gag. GagGagGag. Pwtoowee)

-----

Is there any truth to the rumor that you want to become a firefighter so you can slide down the pole?

-----

(Topic: Breaking News: Big Ben in Motorcycle Accident - Big Ben and Mom for Chunky Soup)

might have to come up with a broth,,only thing he may be slurping for awhile

-----

(Topic: New York Jets Website (sucks!))

You're going to change your mind when you find out that Herm designed the site.

"You see, a website is like life. It shouldn't be easy. I designed this website to challenge you, to make you realize what is important in life. Working hard, taking vitamins and making speeches. It's like my daddy told me, if you can design a POS website, you can be the greatest coach ever. My players believe in me, and they believe in my website."

BZ-"That is the best website ever."

PS. Not eligible for POTW.

-----

(Topic: Back from NASCAR)

Originally Posted by The Real 80

and people here say that SOCCER's not a sport...

dear god... this thread could confirm my loss of hope for humanity

-----

Originally Posted by SeniorFlaJet

From what I've read about Harrington's throws, I've passed kidney stones

with better accuracy than Harrington.

-----

Originally Posted by JetsFanInSec124

Contreas faltered in NY. He wouldn't be doing this here.

if that makes you feel better OK

Originally Posted by JetsFanInSec124

What? If you don't beat Boston, you don't belong in NY. Period.

Originally Posted by Scott Dierking

Would AROD fit into that category?

-----

(Topic: Breaking News: Big Ben in Motorcycle Accident)

Stiller pual was just found on the side of his house in his driveway ,knock out cold, next to a tricycle trying to reenact what just happened to big ben.

His Private area is not doing to well but he is Stable

(The nomination: "POTW NOM

UUHH.......,Can I do that,NOM my self hahaha" - Editor's note: See below)

-----

(Topic: Breaking News: Big Ben in Motorcycle Accident)

POTW NOM

UUHH.......,Can I do that,NOM my self hahaha

Originally Posted by Green DNA

Actually, that's an automatic banning.

-----

Originally Posted by StillerPaul

I already nominated another guy for POTW. Sorry, nice try but you are SOL. I've reached my quota. lol

Originally Posted by joewilly

dang, i'm never gonna win that thing. they're even startin to call me patsfanwilly over in the lounge :Cuss:

-----

You dare question my knowledge of all things Big Ben? Oh yea, lemme guess......."He only throws 4 passes a game". lol

-----

There they are kids - the winner and the also rans for this fine week. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

GB

PS - Come on, Come on, Come on - Let's go! Come on, Come on, Come on - Let's go! Come on, Come on, Come on - Let's go Canes! Let's go Canes!

canes.jpg

No offense, but those are the weakest nominations I have yet to see. Step it up, people! I understand it is the off-season, but have you lost your mind? Who's nominating this stuff and shouldn't there be more than one judge? I mean, really - he needs to be held accountable for this.;)

No offense, but those are the weakest nominations I have yet to see. Step it up, people! I understand it is the off-season, but have you lost your mind? Who's nominating this stuff and shouldn't there be more than one judge? I mean, really - he needs to be held accountable for this.;)

Accountable? Me? I'm a state employee. ;)

I can only work with what I have, mah dear.

Hell, I even stuck up for FL in that thread.

You almost derailed JetFanFl's chances of getting the POTW. Beans wanted to make his post the runner-up after you got involved. The thought of a team of Army Rangers rappelling onto his roof from a Blackhawk helicopter soon brought him to his senses.

You almost derailed JetFanFl's chances of getting the POTW. Beans wanted to make his post the runner-up after you got involved. The thought of a team of Army Rangers rappelling onto his roof from a Blackhawk helicopter soon brought him to his senses.

Momma raised no fool, DNA. ;)

First of all, congrats to JetFanFl. You deserved the POTW.

Now onto this..............

You dare question my knowledge of all things Big Ben? Oh yea, lemme guess......."He only throws 4 passes a game". lol

To the untrained eye, it doesn't look like much. But i feel like a proud father for the first time ever on this board. Wow, my very first nominee. I shall get drunk and rejoice tonight for sure. Just to be on the same page with some of the greatest posting legends on the net is indeed an honor. Thank you thank you thank you. I feel complete now. ;)

To the untrained eye, it doesn't look like much. But i feel like a proud father for the first time ever on this board. Wow, my very first nominee. I shall get drunk and rejoice tonight for sure. Just to be on the same page with some of the greatest posting legends on the net is indeed an honor. Thank you thank you thank you. I feel complete now. ;)

You're alright in my book, Stiller. ;)

She's right. It was a weak week. We're all to blame. We can come up with better material than this.

I did.

But people are now reluctant to nominate me because they know I'll never win because of Bean's bias toward me.

Your material sucked when it was new, years ago. It has not improved with age.

Stiller, even after all the horros of having to watch PIT games when I attended Penn State, and even more horrors of inheriting Neil O'Donnell who I knew was aweful from having seen him so many times, I gotta say you make it hard to hate PIT and their fans. Congrats on your first nomination.

Archived