I think im going to like having Randy Johnson

Matt39

How did that ugly bastard not break the camera lens on the close-up shots?

And if you guys were impressed by his velocity, location, and nothin'-happening slider, you know less than even I had thought.

He was one Matsui LUCKY GRAB away from being in serious trouble...and nobody was skiddish about facing a 6'10 big geek with a high 80s fastball.

I know they took some awful swings, and I know Johnson induced some outs when he had to...but if I were you guys I really wouldnt be encouraged by what I saw last night

And let me stop you before you get started...Pointing out how hard David Wells sucked (like a Hoover) and how lucky he was that his line wasnt worse...does not convince me Randy Johnson was "lights out" last night.

And if you guys were impressed by his velocity, location, and nothin'-happening slider, you know less than even I had thought.

He was one Matsui LUCKY GRAB away from being in serious trouble...and nobody was skiddish about facing a 6'10 big geek with a high 80s fastball.

I know they took some awful swings, and I know Johnson induced some outs when he had to...but if I were you guys I really wouldnt be encouraged by what I saw last night

And let me stop you before you get started...Pointing out how hard David Wells sucked (like a Hoover) and how lucky he was that his line wasnt worse...does not convince me Randy Johnson was "lights out" last night.

1 run, 9k's. First start. I'll take it.

I know you'll take it...but save the ball-washing until he gets a few good pitching performances under his belt...not a semi-good performance where the opposing hitters helped him out.

Nervous energy. I love it.

I know you'll take it...but save the ball-washing until he gets a few good pitching performances under his belt...not a semi-good performance where the opposing hitters helped him out.

The opposing hitters helped him out? But, Zippy, I thought you said that was "the most feared linup, 1-9, in the major leagues."

:lol::lol::lol:

And they are the most feared...BUT THEY STRUCK OUT LOOKING NOT SWINGING last night, Old Man. I wouldnt care how the Sox struck out if I were a $oul-less, frontrunnin' phoney-ass Yankee homer (no offense, smizzy) but it would give me pause before I started verbally tossing Randy Johnson's salad on this thread

Randy should bring back the mullet once the playoffs begin, would be so classic. He could be just like "Wildthing" aka SHEEN in Major Leauge II when he had a corporate crisis. Maybe Randy will have a cosmopolitan crisis, and then sport the mullet to get back to his roots...hey, I can wish.

marinermag-johnson.JPG

did'nt take you long to start b*tching & moaning did it?? wells got banged around, but johnson shut the crumb bums down without his best stuff. PS nothing about matsui's catch was lucky.he drifted back to the wall, timed his jump & let the the ball hit right in the pocket of his glove. lucky...get the :Cuss: out of here. [-X

did'nt take you long to start b*tching & moaning did it?? wells got banged around, but johnson shut the crumb bums down without his best stuff. PS nothing about matsui's catch was lucky.he drifted back to the wall, timed his jump & let the the ball hit right in the pocket of his glove. lucky...get the :Cuss: out of here. [-X

It was a great catch. Now, if we could just get some Yankee fans to admit that last year wasn't luck, we could all get along. :mrgreen:

Archived