What would you accept in terms of a trade

4HCrew

for jolley...a six pack and a bag of doritos.

Is that the regular size bag of the family size bag?

I could see getting some late round picks for those two. Unless we can find a team who would take both together and give us a #2.

I'm hoping that before the season starts we can add three day two picks. McCariens, Jolley, and Ramsey. McCariens to Minn, Jolley to Chicago, Ramsey to anybody that'll take him. Hell, any team that took a franchise 1st round QB this season might want Ramsey so they can see up close and personal, how not to play QB in the NFL.

If lucky we can get a late round pick for Jolley

Ramsey is more valuable -I know that might not make sense but any QB is a scarce commodity for teams even non-starters

Paper says they might get a late round pick for Jolley because according to "an NFL scout" there are some types of offenses where he could excel. Nice 1st rounder in '05 for a late rounder in '07 with very little production in between. Still, if they are contemplating cutting him, take whatever. I remember him with Oakland and I thought he'd do well here, not for a 1st rounder, but still...

As for Ramsey, I'm not so sure we could get a 6th. Didn't we trade a 6th for him? I don't think his camp or our treatment/comments/press could possibly have made his value go up. Jeff George and Kerry Collins are back in the league so that's two less spots.

Paper says they might get a late round pick for Jolley because according to "an NFL scout" there are some types of offenses where he could excel. Nice 1st rounder in '05 for a late rounder in '07 with very little production in between. Still, if they are contemplating cutting him, take whatever. I remember him with Oakland and I thought he'd do well here, not for a 1st rounder, but still...

for the 50,000,000th time...jolley was not had for a first round pick

we traded the 26th and 230th picks for jolley, the 47th, 182nd and 185th picks if i remember correctly...

based on the draft value chart we gave up 702.4 points in the draft and picked up 468. That means that jolley was worth 234.4 points in the trade. The 71st pick in the draft is worth 235. So that means we basically gave up the 7th pick in the 3rd round for him.

we traded the 26th and 230th picks for jolley, the 47th, 182nd and 185th picks if i remember correctly...

based on the draft value chart we gave up 702.4 points in the draft and picked up 468. That means that jolley was worth 234.4 points in the trade. The 71st pick in the draft is worth 235. So that means we basically gave up the 7th pick in the 3rd round for him.

Well said and 100% correct. I don't know why people hated that trade so much, we netted two long time starters because of that trade as opposed to only one (Miller).

Okay. Sorry. I had a REAL job then so I didn't pay too much attention and it seems like everybody here says "we traded a first for him." I don't remember being angry about it at the time so I was wondering how it could have been a first. Thanks for setting me straight, despite your other 49,999,999 posts, this is the first time I'm seeing it. A third for him sounds about right (at the time), especially if last year's draft was weak. Still, I'd rather give up a 3rd outright than trade down from 1st to 2nd for equal draft "points." In the first you should get a near guaranteed contributor.

Okay. Sorry. I had a REAL job then so I didn't pay too much attention and it seems like everybody here says "we traded a first for him." I don't remember being angry about it at the time so I was wondering how it could have been a first. Thanks for setting me straight, despite your other 49,999,999 posts, this is the first time I'm seeing it. A third for him sounds about right (at the time), especially if last year's draft was weak. Still, I'd rather give up a 3rd outright than trade down from 1st to 2nd for equal draft "points." In the first you should get a near guaranteed contributor.

has nothing to do with whether you have a real job or not. i have a real job, i work 40+ hours every week as an environmental scientist. you obviously had enough time to write the post, which shouldn't be written if you don't know what you are talking about.

by the way, i never said that i had 50 million posts, but that it has been corrected in message boards 50 million times, and people still can't get it through their heads that he was not traded for a first round pick.

has nothing to do with whether you have a real job or not. i have a real job, i work 40+ hours every week as an environmental scientist. you obviously had enough time to write the post, which shouldn't be written if you don't know what you are talking about.

by the way, i never said that i had 50 million posts, but that it has been corrected in message boards 50 million times, and people still can't get it through their heads that he was not traded for a first round pick.

I wasn't putting down your job, but my current one. I have a lot more free time now. I followed the Jets as much as anybody, but had a couple of years where I worked almost 40 hours during my vacation. Just because I got one fact wrong (like 50 million others) doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

PS: Feel free to insult me if I do it again.

there was a rumour over at JI that Tampa Bay might be interested in Jolley since Gruden and him have a history-I don't know if it was ever verified or where the guy came up with the info...but it sort of makes sense

We wil start are own rumours we do not need another site's rumours SoFla

We wil start are own rumours we do not need another site's rumours SoFla

we don't do a lot of rumours around here it's usually stuff backed up with a link or pasted story-I sometimes will post things that are said there and we use the take-em-for-what-they're-worth attitude

For the 50,000,000th time, YES WE DID!

based on the draft value chart we gave up 702.4 points in the draft and picked up 468.

Oh noes! The almighty chart!

That means that jolley was worth 234.4 points in the trade. The 71st pick in the draft is worth 235. So that means we basically gave up the 7th pick in the 3rd round for him.

Did we have the 7th pick in the third round? Is that why we didn't draft there? Thanks for informing me. Now tell me where our first rounder went? If we needed a TE we could've used that (magically disappearing) pick to get one who would be entirely more productive than Jolley.

For the 50,000,000th time, YES WE DID!

Oh noes! The almighty chart!

Did we have the 7th pick in the third round? Is that why we didn't draft there? Thanks for informing me. Now tell me where our first rounder went? If we needed a TE we could've used that (magically disappearing) pick to get one who would be entirely more productive than Jolley.

umm...no we didn't. we traded 2 picks for jolley and 3 picks. we did not get close to trading our first rounder straight up for jolley. if that was the case, we got a great deal considering we somehow stole the raiders 2nd round pick for a late rounder.

if you don't understand how it works, then you shouldn't be posting about it, because you are just misinforming the rest of jetnation.

Archived