Daily News: Torre Fired, Lou Piniella to be named Manager

uart

No. Just a straight bet. Who has the better ERA+.

.....I know. But can you explain how they figure out ERA+. Do they add .75 to a pitchers era from the NL? Thats what I read, I just want to confirm before I make the bet.

.....I know. But can you explain how they figure out ERA+. Do they add .75 to a pitchers era from the NL? Thats what I read, I just want to confirm before I make the bet.

ERA+ is adjusted to the avg ERA of pitchers in the same league.

ERA+ is adjusted to the avg ERA of pitchers in the same league.

Here's the bet and conditions.

Both pitchers have to start at least 15 games.

Its an avatar bet. If Clemens has a better league adjusted era than RJ at the end of the season then I get your avatar, if he doesnt you get mine. Winner chooses the losers avatar, and he has to keep it as his avatar for 1 full month.

Deal?

Its an avatar bet. If Clemens has a better league adjusted era than RJ at the end of the season then I get your avatar, if he doesnt you get mine. Winner chooses the losers avatar, and he has to keep it as his avatar for 1 full month.

Deal?

If both pitchers don't make 15 starts it's void right?

If thats true then deal.

If both pitchers don't make 15 starts it's void right?

If thats true then deal.

How about Clemens getting into the 8th inning twice this year?

In his first 3 starts he has gone 6 (100 pitches), 6.1 (100+ pitches), and 4.1 (90 pitches) innings.

You're obsessed with him

He started his career with the Red Sox. He then proceeded to get fat and out of shape and the Sox got rid of him. He wanted to go closer to home but signed with the Blue Jays for big bucks (who knew that Toronto was closer to Texas than Boston?).

He then went to the Yankees, "retired," and then went to Houston. Now he is back in NY and all the Yankees fans seem to forget he left the team high and dry a few years ago.

I'm very happy that Sox aren't paying him $1 million a start.

Deal?

Buyer beware!! Barton likes to welch. :box:

Archived