Mike Greenberg says the Jets defense is AWFULL.

crashingjet

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I would have to say he is spot on....they are aweful....can't stop the run, can't put pressure on the QB. In the Jets defense, they are learning a new defense and don't have the players to run the system they want. Defense will improve a little as the year goes on, but I expect to see some turn-over next year.

He said it on his show Tuesday morning, and actually repeated it over and over. Any thoughts? I personally think he's an idiot, but after he said that he seemed alittle smarter to me.

He's right, but he was referring to the defense in the Jacksonville game specifically, not on the whole. But he is right if you expand it out...

He said it on his show Tuesday morning, and actually repeated it over and over. Any thoughts? I personally think he's an idiot, but after he said that he seemed alittle smarter to me.

you are talking alot of smack for a fan of a team worse than the freakin Jets,,

its your coaches 2nd year and you are still worse than us.

The Jets defense is ranked 29th overall and 30th against the run.

The guy is right on target.

The Jets defense sucks.

you are talking alot of smack for a fan of a team worse than the freakin Jets,,

its your coaches 2nd year and you are still worse than us.

After sunday our two teams are gonna have the same record. Take away the sacks, penalties and turnovers and we win every game we've played this year. No team has put up 30 or 40 points against us in a shutout, can you say the same? I think not.

As a side note, several people keep calling me Tex, I am not, nor never have I been Tex. This is my first time posting on this gang green, puke looking website and after Tuesday (I need time to gloat) you won't hear from me again untill Dec. 20th. On Sunday the Jets will be reduced to an Arena Leauge team. GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take away the sacks, penalties and turnovers and we win every game we've played this year.

You are more delusional than Jets fans.

Sacks, penalties and turnovers are all a part of the game of football.

Face it, your team is the biggest underachiever in the NFL this year.

The Jets defense is ranked 29th overall and 30th against the run.

The guy is right on target.

The Jets defense sucks.

Not for nothing here chief but you seriously need a life or a job...11,533 post in 20 months is 576 posts per month or 19.2 a day and thats not counting any posts on any Pats sights.damn son its a bit disturbing...Ease your pain!!

You are more delusional than Jets fans.

Sacks, penalties and turnovers are all a part of the game of football.

Face it, your team is the biggest underachiever in the NFL this year.

No the biggest underachiever would be the Jets. They could'nt even score a friggin field goal last Sunday. A FIELD GOAL. That is underachieving. The fact of the matter is, Daunte threw the entire timing of the offense off, now that problem is fixed. Joey held up strong against the Pats and is going to break out big Sunday against your lousy excuse of a team. GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take away all the points the Jets have given up this season and we're undefeated...woo hoo. Playoffs here we come:yahoo:

The only way your team makes it to the playoffs is your fantasyland scenario. By the way you would'nt be 5-0. youd be 4-0-1. Dont forget your offense could'nt put up any points last week douche.

Why?

So you can live in your little delusional world and think the Jets are a good football team?

Why don't you like the actual "facts".?

you are just pathetic, It is a shame that what is otherwise a very good site, is ruined by someone like you.

Take away the sacks, penalties and turnovers and we win every game we've played this year.

This is the single most idiotic statement I have ever seen from any NFL football fan. By far!!!!

The sacks happen because your OL sucks. You can't take that away. The penalties happen because your team is full of idiots. You can't take that away. And the turnovers happen because your QB/QB's suck. You can't take that away either.

By the way, "awefull" is spelled "aweful". I can see that FL edumacation has done you well.

This is the single most idiotic statement I have ever seen from any NFL football fan. By far!!!!

The sacks happen because your OL sucks. You can't take that away. The penalties happen because your team is full of idiots. You can't take that away. And the turnovers happen because your QB/QB's suck. You can't take that away either.

Daunte had 21 sacks. Joey had 1 on a rollout, you cant blame the oline for that. The penalties can be blamed on newly acquired idiots like CB Will Allen. Come Sunday, Joey is going to take that 29th ranked defense and spank it like a red headed stepchild from one of the five burroughs.

I will say your defensive end John Abraham scares the... oh wait, mangina traded him, never mind. Well you still have your pro bowl center Kevin Maw... oh, he's gone to. Shoot. Listen, just keep Penningtons arms duck taped onto his torso and hand the ball off to the rookie RB Texarkana. GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why?

So you can live in your little delusional world and think the Jets are a good football team?

Why don't you like the actual "facts".?

Nothing wrong with the facts - it's the sphincter they are spewing from that's the problem. We know they aren't very good right now. We don't need you pointing it out in every thread is all. Get over yourself TX - your stock posts have become increasingly stale over the last 3 years.

I will say your defensive end John Abraham scares the... oh wait, mangina traded him, never mind.

Abraham spent more time on the sidelines than actually out on the field helping this team. Sure, he is a talented player but what good is that if they are going to be hurt nearly every game of the season?

The only way your team makes it to the playoffs is your fantasyland scenario. By the way you would'nt be 5-0. youd be 4-0-1. Dont forget your offense could'nt put up any points last week douche.

I'm looking at my post for the part where I said we'd be 5-0 but it's just not in there. Another case of a rival fan seeing what he wants to see as opposed to whats actually staring him in the face.

Dont forget your offense could'nt put up any points last week douche.

Uh oh, we got another internet tough guy on board fellas. Watch your step. I bet this guy can e-bench more than any of the other resident online badasses we have on here.

After sunday our two teams are gonna have the same record. Take away the sacks, penalties and turnovers and we win every game we've played this year. No team has put up 30 or 40 points against us in a shutout, can you say the same? I think not.

As a side note, several people keep calling me Tex, I am not, nor never have I been Tex. This is my first time posting on this gang green, puke looking website and after Tuesday (I need time to gloat) you won't hear from me again untill Dec. 20th. On Sunday the Jets will be reduced to an Arena Leauge team. GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

problem is that this Sunday is a lock for Jets,,

seriously, you are new here, but I am never wrong when I hear the tick tick tick ESP vibe,, and I have it for Sunday,,you are doomed,, 24-17

problem is that this Sunday is a lock for Jets,,

seriously, you are new here, but I am never wrong when I hear the tick tick tick ESP vibe,, and I have it for Sunday,,you are doomed,, 24-17

The title of the thread is Jets defense AWFULL. Let's try and stay on topic o.k. They gave up 170 yards and 3 TD'S on the ground, 2 passing touchdowns and got 0 turnovers(Jets offense gave up 4 turnovers) to Jacksonville. This kind of play does not win games. Jets are doomed from the start. GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The title of the thread is Jets defense AWFULL. Let's try and stay on topic o.k. They gave up 170 yards and 3 TD'S on the ground, 2 passing touchdowns and got 0 turnovers(Jets offense gave up 4 turnovers) to Jacksonville. This kind of play does not win games. Jets are doomed from the start. GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK... let's stay on topic... as awful as the Jets D is, we have to thank God that Miami has no offense that needs strong defending.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2006/regular?sort_col_1=4

Mangini led the Patriots to a 26th ranked defense last year, 31st in pass defense, 31st in defensive takeaways and the 4th most penalized defensive unit in the NFL in 2005... The Emperor (is wearing no clothes) Penguin is history repeating itself.

Archived