Jets will be 5-3 at the bye

Bugg

Plain and simple, even with it's flaws, this Jets team should clean up vs. the Lions at home and Browns on the road. Heck, most major predictions said they wouldn't win 4 games; they'll do that before November.

For all of you flamers-I understand and agree-the Jets don't have much of a pass rush nor a running game. Whether they can beat superior teams is so far pretty doubtful. Still this season is so far a step forward. And that's all you could've asked for when camp started.

they better be 5-3 at the bye with the next 2 games. my guess is that they find a way to lose one of those. the jets are not a good team right now. there is no way you could have watched today's game and come away with the opinion that the jets are a contender - no way.

the offense is decent when they attack downfield, no running game, no run denfense, no pass defense, no pass rush, inconsistent special teams. they will be 5-3 paper tigers and get wooped bu NE. this team is still at least 2 years from being contenders and needs an overhaul at most defensive positions.

do not confuse miami's ineptidute with Jet progress.

If the Jets are playing meaningful games in December Ill be a happy man.

nobody knew the afcE would be this weak. the sisters of the poor could win 8 games with this schedule -

2 wins vs. miami

2 wins vs. buf

houston

ten.

detroit

green bay

oakland

that is 9 wins right there. the jets need to steal 1 or 2 games for a playoff berth and this is NOT a good team.

If the Jets had a somewhat legit running game, I'd say we had a shot at being weak contenders for a final wildcard spot. But without the running game, we are just too one dimensional on offense. Washington is not going to be an everyday back in the NFL. Let's face it.

we need to revamp our RB position as well as some key defensive positions. I like what Mangini is doing, but this isn't going to be the NFL's version of the Tigers. We are still a few years away from having a competitive team.

they better be 5-3 at the bye with the next 2 games. my guess is that they find a way to lose one of those. the jets are not a good team right now. there is no way you could have watched today's game and come away with the opinion that the jets are a contender - no way.

the offense is decent when they attack downfield, no running game, no run denfense, no pass defense, no pass rush, inconsistent special teams. they will be 5-3 paper tigers and get wooped bu NE. this team is still at least 2 years from being contenders and needs an overhaul at most defensive positions.

do not confuse miami's ineptidute with Jet progress.

Good post Fo.

The Jets are just not that good of a football team.

That was quite obvious to anyone who watched the game yesterday.

Good post Fo.

The Jets are just not that good of a football team.

That was quite obvious to anyone who watched the game yesterday.

That all may be true. But in the NFL, with some teams even worse than the Jets, 5-3 is still pretty doable. After that, who knows? Let's face it-spare the Bears and Pats in Foxboro, the rest of the schedule is mostly downhill. It may say more about the quality of the NFL than anything else. I'm not saying the Jets will win every other game, but there are a lot of bad football teams other than those 2.

The Jets have a lot of flaws right now- still does not change the fact they are keeping competitive (Throwing out Jaguar game) and battling out there. More talent is needed especially on the defensive and offensive lines to make us a real contender as a top team

That all may be true. But in the NFL, with some teams even worse than the Jets, 5-3 is still pretty doable. After that, who knows? Let's face it-spare the Bears and Pats in Foxboro, the rest of the schedule is mostly downhill. It may say more about the quality of the NFL than anything else. I'm not saying the Jets will win every other game, but there are a lot of bad football teams other than those 2.

The Jets defense just can not stop the run.

This is always magnified later in the season.

Until they can figure out how to stop the run, the Jets will only be pretenders.

Nobody here is under illusions. I don't see a division title or an AFC title game berth. But the point is there are not a lot of good football teams left on the jets schedule. A playoff berth is an outside possibility. Given the obvious flaws of this team-bad defense, not much of a running game-they cannot expect to beat a good teams. But Mangini obviously gives them a chance, and the fact that they were in the game vs. the Colts and Pats is a real positive sign. if the jets keep this up, at the end of the year, this team will have taken some big steps in the right direction.

Nobody here is under illusions. I don't see a division title or an AFC title game berth. But the point is there are not a lot of good football teams left on the jets schedule. A playoff berth is an outside possibility. Given the obvious flaws of this team-bad defense, not much of a running game-they cannot expect to beat a good teams. But Mangini obviously gives them a chance, and the fact that they were in the game vs. the Colts and Pats is a real positive sign. if the jets keep this up, at the end of the year, this team will have taken some big steps in the right direction.

Good post Bugg. We are doing exactly what the 2005 Patriots did ....beat the teams we are supposed to beat and hopefully take advantage of a soft schedule down the stretch as they did last year.

The Jets have a lot of flaws right now- still does not change the fact they are keeping competitive (Throwing out Jaguar game) and battling out there. More talent is needed especially on the defensive and offensive lines to make us a real contender as a top team

True dat!

we need a pass rusher and it WASN'T ever going to be John Abraham-and I'm glad he's gone.But come April our 1st pick should and probably will be the best pass rusher or RB available.Remember we also have a high 2nd round pick coming from Washington which could well be a top 5er too with teh way they're stinking it up

Archived