Who plays QB next year?

LionelRichie

Are you friggn' kidding me?

You reference one playoff game over 4 years ago where the defense pitched a shutout?

And the reason why the Jets lost to the Steelers was because your BoyWonder put up 3 friggn points in 5 quarters of football, not because of a missed FG.

What is your sexual frustration with Chad Pennington? Seriously? Did you try to hit on him outside of a Pats-Jets game and he didn't respond?

I've never seen someone dig and serarch so hard to find reasons to bash a player. The guy has no backfield to support him, his offensive line is in transition, and his receivers are in the okay to good range and yet he's supposed to beat the Patriots, Jags and Colts. Ok.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude, those are not "reasons", but "facts".

Why do you continue to think that this guy is an elite NFL QB?

He is not.

who said he was an elite qb? no one in this thread. and you should know that it doesn't take elite qbs to win games, even sbs.

I'm not sure why any one is bitching about Pennington. Yesterdays game reminded me of the Ali-Foreman fight. Pennington runs the Rope-A-Dope offense for the entire first half. Miami gets comfortable defending 5 yards of football field and all of a sudden we score two TD's. It was brilliant.

The only thing that bothers me is Miami reminds me more of the Bayone Bleeder than of a young George Forman.

All we saw from Pennington was 2 yard passes in the 1st half. Do that vs a competant team and we're down 24-0 again. It wasnt until a DB fell down that Pennington connected on a pass more than 10 yards - f##king pathetic performance any way you slice it.

The throw to coles in the endzone was good, I'll give him that. But he was completely nonexistant and a handicap to this offense every single pass before that.

Remember when Coles was wide open 40 yards downfield and Chad threw a floater that got pushed by the wind outabounds? Yeah that was great.

Chad didnt win this game, dont kid yourselves guys. The defense forced 3 turnovers and didnt let the phins score a TD until the 4th Q. Thats how we won the game.

Unless you are gonna count on the Jets drafting Adrian Peterson and building the best defense in the NFL, dont count on Chad Pennington ever leading this team to a superbowl. Maybe if we were a dome team, we could do it, but as you saw yesterday with alittle wind out there, Penningtons passes down field were floating ducks.

Wait till it gets to more gusting winds at the meadowlands. The Jets will be lucky to put up any points from the passing game. Chad limits this offense with his arm, bottom line. If you cant see this, you're stupid or blind. Maybe both.

who said he was an elite qb? no one in this thread. and you should know that it doesn't take elite qbs to win games, even sbs.

You still need a QB with an arm strong enuff to play in the meadowlands in the winter and you still need a QB who can beat a tuff defense.

We have neither in case you havent noticed. These are FACTS, not opinions.

The winds in the northeast will never allow a chad pennington lead team to win a superbowl, unless he can find a way to build a dome.

tx has been right all along and I hate admitting it.

Wait till it gets to more gusting winds at the meadowlands. The Jets will be lucky to put up any points from the passing game. Chad limits this offense with his arm, bottom line. If you cant see this, you're stupid or blind. Maybe both.

The majority of you guys should be embarrassed.

Probably the youngest Jet fan poster on this board is one of the few that "get's it" about PennyBoy.

Barton's entire post is right on target.

I'm hoping to see what Clemens has later this year personally. Don't see us ever winning anything significant with Chad, and worse yet, he's good enough to keep us around 9-7 every year which means draft picks will be lower and a tougher time rebuilding especially when considering his bloated contract..

IMO, Pennington isn't good enough to win it all, but not bad enough to force you to make a change. Sometimes that's the worst scenario...

I'm hoping to see what Clemens has later this year personally. Don't see us ever winning anything significant with Chad, and worse yet, he's good enough to keep us around 9-7 every year which means draft picks will be lower and a tougher time rebuilding especially when considering his bloated contract..

IMO, Pennington isn't good enough to win it all, but not bad enough to force you to make a change. Sometimes that's the worst scenario...

Its a scary situation for sure. But I dont think Mangini drafted Clemens to sit on the bench for 3 years.

Maybe we can get a draft pick for Chad in the offseason, who knows.

I never thought I would see the day this occurred- miracles do happen!

yeah faba, this lovefest between these 2 makes me wanna puke, especially since barton is clearly gettin sucked in cause of a compliment by tx to him at the expense of our starting q'back who has done an outstanding job for us so far this season.

I have no problem with penny starting for us in 07. no problem at all

yeah faba, this lovefest between these 2 makes me wanna puke, especially since barton is clearly gettin sucked in cause of a compliment by tx to him at the expense of our starting q'back who has done an outstanding job for us so far this season.

I have no problem with penny starting for us in 07. no problem at all

Barton Vs PatsFantx wars are over? Maybe we can have world peace.

All we saw from Pennington was 2 yard passes in the 1st half. Do that vs a competant team and we're down 24-0 again. It wasnt until a DB fell down that Pennington connected on a pass more than 10 yards - f##king pathetic performance any way you slice it.

The throw to coles in the endzone was good, I'll give him that. But he was completely nonexistant and a handicap to this offense every single pass before that.

Remember when Coles was wide open 40 yards downfield and Chad threw a floater that got pushed by the wind outabounds? Yeah that was great.

Chad didnt win this game, dont kid yourselves guys. The defense forced 3 turnovers and didnt let the phins score a TD until the 4th Q. Thats how we won the game.

Unless you are gonna count on the Jets drafting Adrian Peterson and building the best defense in the NFL, dont count on Chad Pennington ever leading this team to a superbowl. Maybe if we were a dome team, we could do it, but as you saw yesterday with alittle wind out there, Penningtons passes down field were floating ducks.

I was somewhat kidding on my view of yesterdays game. I happen to hate Pennington

TX is still an annoying little smug dooshey but he is right about 1 thing - Chad Pennington will not lead us to the superbowl

TELL ME. What exactly has he said about Chad that isnt true?

He says that his arm isnt strong enuff for the meadowlands - tell me that is not true.

He says he cant be a tuff defense - tell me that isnt true.

Do the math, fellas. He cant throw in the gusty winds of meadowland winters and he cant put up points on a tuff defense. That means he cannot lead us to a superbowl.

Open your f##king eyes and smell the coffee. I am amazed at how people are so blind to these facts because we beat the bills, dolphins and titans who will all have top 10 picks in the 07 draft. And when we played a semi-tuff defense in the pats, who's defense is merely above average not even a "tuff defense" but a defense that knows Chads game inside - out, we got down in a 24-0 rout because of Chad Penningtons handicapped led offense.

Take your Chad goggles off. I root for the team.

other than the jag blowout, chad has not hurt us as q'back. he hasn't. his smart decisions & game management have more than made him a good q'back in a year when the jets are supposed to suck. He has shown a lot more positives than you & you're new buttbuddy are giving him credit for

TX is still an annoying little smug dooshey but he is right about 1 thing - Chad Pennington will not lead us to the superbowl

He says that his arm isnt strong enuff for the meadowlands - tell me that is not true.

Do the math, fellas. He cant throw in the gusty winds of meadowland winters and he cant put up points on a tuff defense. That means he cannot lead us to a superbowl.

Open your f##king eyes and smell the coffee. I am amazed at how people are so blind to these facts because we beat the bills, dolphins and titans who will all have top 10 picks in the 07 draft. And when we played a semi-tuff defense in the pats, who's defense is merely above average not even a "tuff defense" but a defense that knows Chads game inside - out, we got down in a 24-0 rout because of Chad Penningtons handicapped led offense.

How many QBs lead their team to the Super Bowl?

VERY VERY VERY FEW.

To say that it is the QB that is holding us back is crazy. Chad can throw and can get it done but you need the other 90% of the stuff there to make it work (coaching, defense, offense, running, luck, divisional strength).

Sorry, you are TX are both off on this and siding with someone with that big of an agenda doesn't help your argument.

BZ

You take off your I don't know **** about football glasses and I'll take off my Chad goggles.

other than the jag blowout, chad has not hurt us as q'back. he hasn't. his smart decisions & game management have more than made him a good q'back in a year when the jets are supposed to suck. He has shown a lot more positives than you & you're new buttbuddy are giving him credit for

He doesnt hurt us - a refreshing take.

Lets build our offense around a QB who "doesnt hurt us" - brilliant herm/marty ball tactics.

You just proved my point joewilly. You're saying.......

"hey, Chad has been good for us this year. He hasnt hurt us you know. He doesnt really put up many points but hey, he doesnt turn the ball over."

Brilliant! Let's keep accepting mediocrity!

Lets build our offense around a QB who "doesnt hurt us" - brilliant herm/marty ball tactics.

"hey, Chad has been good for us this year. He hasnt hurt us you know. He doesnt really put up many points but hey, he doesnt turn the ball over."

Who is building our O around Chad? Isn't it possible that they are using Chad to teach the handful of players on the O who will be here down the road, how the O is run until we have the rest of the players? You think Ramsey can do that right now? How about The Boy wonder Clemens? What makes you think Mangini is building his team around Chad? That's a big assumption at this point.

How many QBs lead their team to the Super Bowl?

VERY VERY VERY FEW.

To say that it is the QB that is holding us back is crazy. Chad can throw and can get it done but you need the other 90% of the stuff there to make it work (coaching, defense, offense, running, luck, divisional strength).

Sorry, you are TX are both off on this and siding with someone with that big of an agenda doesn't help your argument.

BZ

You are the #1 homer for a reason.

Chads arm not holding us back when we play in the meadowlands is a really laughable comment. Its a fact and you have seen it with your own 2 eyes from him. He cant throw a 20 yard pass in the winter without it floating.

Like I said, maybe if this was a team out west like san diego, chad could with a strong supporting cast, maybe win division and be a guy who can win some championship games by getting homefield advantage, but not in these northeast winds. Same reason I am happy we passed on Leinart.

It's not mediocrity if you're winning. Would you rather have Joey Harrington in the Jet's huddle? He threw some real rockets yesterday. Oooh, I know, JP Losman has a GUN, he would be a great signal caller for our team. :rolleyes:

You're missing the boat little guy, individual players step up and get things done when needed the most but teams win the big one not individual players. Chad has been excellent thus far, especially given the state of our running game. Not even your new idol Brady would be able to carry us to the Super Bowl w/o the running game (O and D) getting fixed, period.

I am amazed how your hindsight is so clear. How do you do that?

Chad will certainly not live up to what we thought he was capable of, but you only know that from looking back at history. Now you want what is already done, which are MVP QBs.

That is like saying, you should have bought MSFT in 1984.

BZ

Who is building our O around Chad? Isn't it possible that they are using Chad to teach the handful of players on the O who will be here down the road, how the O is run until we have the rest of the players? You think Ramsey can do that right now? How about The Boy wonder Clemens? What makes you think Mangini is building his team around Chad? That's a big assumption at this point.

I am preaching to the people who think Chad is the future. Whether thats you or not I do not know.

Chad is better than Ramsey. We do not know what we have with Clemens.

But in 2007 I want to see him start.

Chad Pennington is a better version of 2003 Jon Kitna. He can establish a good feel for Mangini, getting rid of the losing mentality and making players respect him, and in 2007 we go with Mangini's QB draft pick - Kellen Clemens.

You are the #1 homer for a reason.

Chads arm not holding us back when we play in the meadowlands is a really laughable comment. Its a fact and you have seen it with your own 2 eyes from him. He cant throw a 20 yard pass in the winter without it floating.

Like I said, maybe if this was a team out west like san diego, chad could with a strong supporting cast, maybe win division and be a guy who can win some championship games by getting homefield advantage, but not in these northeast winds. Same reason I am happy we passed on Leinart.

Thanks. :)

The point is the Chad has enough of a quality QB to get it done, now is he surrounded by the talent to make it go the other way?

Put together your top QBs who have had Chad success in the post season. Go ahead. It is a short list.

2-2 in the playoffs. Go find them.

BZ

I am preaching to the people who think Chad is the future. Whether thats you or not I do not know.

Chad Pennington is a better version of 2003 Jon Kitna. He can establish a good feel for Mangini, getting rid of the losing mentality and making players respect him, and in 2007 we go with Mangini's QB draft pick - Kellen Clemens.

Let Clemons ride the pine ala Steve Young while Chad takes us to the promis land for the next 5 years or so.

I am not saying Chad is the guy who is going to win game for us in 3/4 years, but he is the guy winning games THIS year.

You are one of those people who thinks the entire pro-bowl is sitting on the Jets bench. Lamont was a stud right?

BZ

It's not mediocrity if you're winning. Would you rather have Joey Harrington in the Jet's huddle? He threw some real rockets yesterday. Oooh, I know, JP Losman has a GUN, he would be a great signal caller for our team. :rolleyes:

You're missing the boat little guy, individual players step up and get things done when needed the most but teams win the big one not individual players. Chad has been excellent thus far, especially given the state of our running game. Not even your new idol Brady would be able to carry us to the Super Bowl w/o the running game (O and D) getting fixed, period.

LOL who is talking about joey harrington?

You guys telling me I cant see the big picture? Irony at its finest.

You guys crack me up!

HE DOESNT HAVE THE ARM TO WIN AT THE MEADOWLANDS IN THE WINTER! FACT!

Good God. You people amaze me. I guess once the gusty winds roll around I'll dig this thread up and laugh at everyone who will then be making fun of Chads arm or his complete lack of any downfield attack and offensive production.

Wake up!

I am not saying Chad is the guy who is going to win game for us in 3/4 years, but he is the guy winning games THIS year.

You are one of those people who thinks the entire pro-bowl is sitting on the Jets bench. Lamont was a stud right?

BZ

Hey, did I say I want Clemens starting right now? No I didnt.

I have no problem with Chad starting right now. Mangini needs an established vet to win as many games possible this year and Chad is the right man for the job - just like jon kitna was in 2003 before Carson Palmer took over in 2004.

What I am saying is, Chad is not the future. He cant win us a superbowl.

Archived