Piniella wants A-Rod

uart

But the Yankees are not dumpping him. Period. Them's the facts.

This is what some people just refuse to understand, mbn

The Yankees don't need salary relief ... THEY DON'T NEED IT ... and Arod expressed a desire to stay ... so the Yankees are not desparate to trade Arod and they will not trade him out of desperation ... they will trade him if a fair deal can be made, OR KEEP HIM ... simple as that

The folks who think the Yanks will dump Arod for prospects or anything less than a proven stud are dilusional

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Yankees don't need salary relief ... THEY DON'T NEED IT ... and Arod expressed a desire to stay ... so the Yankees are not desparate to trade Arod and they will not trade him out of desperation ... they will trade him if a fair deal can be made, OR KEEP HIM ... simple as that

The folks who think the Yanks will dump Arod for prospects or anything less than a proven stud are dilusional

Enjoy keeping him.

I agree-The Yankees DON"T have to trade him.

But, there are distractions in keeping him. Unhealthy distractions

This is Jeter's team unfortunately for ARod and the failed 2006 Yankee season.

Unless Cashman and Torre force Jeter to get over the GQ or whatever magazine article that ARod called Jeter just #2 hitter, the Yanks will never be a good fit for ARod.

Zambrano is not a guy I am very high on, I have seen him get hot on the mound and implode. His stuff is dominant for sure, but I'm not sure he has it all goin on for him upstairs.

I actually would really like to trade with the Dodgers:

We give them Alex Rodriguez and we get Chad Billinglsey, Laroche (their 3B prospect who's a top guy) and 1 of their other pitching prospects.

Bottom line is, we can set up a big part of the future of this team by trading Arod.

It has to be done if the deal is right.

I love that Dodgers 1B James Loney as well......he looks like he is going to be a monster.

I love that Dodgers 1B James Loney as well......he looks like he is going to be a monster.

I've read some things on him, but havent seen him play yet.

Rich Hill will be 27 nexy year and has yet to do anything relevant in the majors? And this is gonna be the central part of the package centered around Arod? That article uart just posted is pretty funny. The Yankees would never do that when they can get Ervin Santana and Brandon Wood/Adelhart from the Angels.

Santana reminds me abit of Pedro back in the day. He might not ever be an ace like Pedro was, but he could be very very good.

I've read some things on him, but havent seen him play yet.

Rich Hill will be 27 nexy year and has yet to do anything relevant in the majors? And this is gonna be the central part of the package centered around Arod? That article uart just posted is pretty funny. The Yankees would never do that when they can get Ervin Santana and Brandon Wood/Adelhart from the Angels.

Santana reminds me abit of Pedro back in the day. He might not ever be an ace like Pedro was, but he could be very very good.

I'd never trade Arod for Santana ... that would be crazy

Santana is NOT a #1 and never will be ... IMO his absolute ceiling is a decent #2

Personally I think he's a 3/4, but his ceiling is a 2

NO WAY I trade Arod for anything less than an ace ... like Carlos Zambrano

I'd never trade Arod for Santana ... that would be crazy

Santana is NOT a #1 and never will be ... IMO his absolute ceiling is a decent #2

Personally I think he's a 3/4, but his ceiling is a 2

NO WAY I trade Arod for anything less than an ace ... like Carlos Zambrano

The Angels have some damn good young prospects that would make the deal worthwhile, imho. I agree that Santana isnt a #1 guy, but he is just 23 years old and the stuff is there, plus he was solid this past year.

He should only improve.

Jake Peavy could be interesting, but I'm not sure if what else the Padres would have to throw in because they dont really have much to trade, plus I dont even know if they'd want to give up any thing more than Peavy, who had a down year this year and I think had some shoulder tendinitis issues.

I just feel we have to get rid of this guy if the price is right.

I just feel we have to get rid of this guy if the price is right.

And there is your dilemna.

Teams are only going to approach you attempting to steal him from you because they feel the Yanks have to trade him.

If you go seeking a trade, they will know that you need to dump him, and offer you you less than equal value in return.

Barton, why should I trade players for A-Rod, when I can sign Soriano for reasonably the same price, without losing players? Can anyone answer that?

And there is your dilemna.

Teams are only going to approach you attempting to steal him from you because they feel the Yanks have to trade him.

If you go seeking a trade, they will know that you need to dump him, and offer you you less than equal value in return.

Barton, why should I trade players for A-Rod, when I can sign Soriano for reasonably the same price, without losing players? Can anyone answer that?

Is Soriano a SS or 3rd baseman? Completely different situation.

Great production from SS and 3rd base in MLB is few and far between, corner outfield production is everywhere.

And how did A-Rod do in 2005 in a ballpark that is murder to right-handed hitters?

MVP anyone................;)

MBN-I have not denegrated A-Rods numbers at all. He had a career year.

YOU were the one denegrating Soriano's numbers. They are not all that dissimilar, with A-Rod a higher average and Soriano, more speed.

Soriano is younger, too.

YOU were the one denegrating Soriano's numbers. They are not all that dissimilar, with A-Rod a higher average and Soriano, more speed.

Soriano is younger, too.

No one will ever know the real age of Sori, or any of those players with a similar background. I know that they added 2 years to his age a few years ago. So who really knows the truth.

for example, how old is El Duque? His real age. Same with Contrares, and others.

BTW - A-Rod did not have a "career year" in 2005. Check out his previous seasons. Many were on par with 2005, or even better. But maybe Sori had a "career year" in his walk year in 2006. And he would not have been the first to do so.

No one will ever know the real age of Sori, or any of those players with a similar background. I know that they added 2 years to his age a few years ago. So who really knows the truth.

for example, how old is El Duque? His real age. Same with Contrares, and others.

BTW - A-Rod did not have a "career year" in 2005. Check out his previous seasons. Many were on par with 2005, or even better. But maybe Sori had a "career year" in his walk year in 2006. And he would not have been the first to do so.

Or maybe, A-Rod had one anomaly year (2005), with the rest of his numbers in decline since his career year?

MBN-We can do this dance all day.

Soriano is younger, too.

A-rods ability to get on base is worlds ahead of Sori's, and Sori's speed doesn't match for A-rods power

Archived