We have outselves a RB!

serphnx

Looks like Leon Washington will be good for us. I know many posters on this site have been saying we should give him the ball instead of Barlow, and they were right. Our run block isn't as bad as we thought, I think Barlow just stunk. If Leon keeps this up, it's another brilliant pick by Tangini (4th rounder).

Looks like Leon Washington will be good for us. I know many posters on this site have been saying we should give him the ball instead of Barlow, and they were right. Our run block isn't as bad as we thought, I think Barlow just stunk. If Leon keeps this up, it's another brilliant pick by Tangini (4th rounder).

Was it Leon or the crappy Lions D?

He definitely runs well, very quick and elusive, reminds me of a Dave Meggett type, a lot of doubters said Tiki Barber was too samoo to be an every down back and he proved all them wrong, now it is up to Leon to prove them all wrong thatr he can be an every down back as well.

But I like Cedric Houston too, better than Barlow, when Houston comes back I would like to see him get some carries as a change of pace.

Barlow was a waste of a future draft pick, Askew could do what he does.

@Buf – 3.6ypc (with Kendall out; a backup was playing in b/t two rookies)

Ind – 3.7ypc (Kendall’s first game back)

@Jac – 4.4ypc

Mia – 5.3ypc (Moroney/Dillon combined for 2.97ypc)

Det – 6.5ypc

And the right side is still Brandon Moore & Anthony Clement in every game.

After a year of strength/conditioning for not just Leon, but also D’Brick & Mangold, and a replacement at RT (if not both at RT and RG), I’m drooling with anticipation at what this guy can do.

Barlow is good for short yardage, goal line sort of situations. When we need to go one yard into the endzone, Barlow has been effective, but Leon needs to run the ball more otherwise.

Despite his lack of height, Leon is a strong guy. Combine that with a little bit of the Barry Sanders style change of direction and I think he's a 3 down back. His good runs were not limted to the edge and he's strong enough to bounce off tacklers to get positive yardage. I'd say we definitely have a #1 back.

I have to admit I didn't think there was any way he'd be a our #1 RB but I'm beginning to change my opinion. I think he'll still need a bigger back to spell him at times but I'm excited that he might be able to be the main RB for us. I hope he continues this, if he consistently produces like this then I'd love it so we could focus on other positions in the draft.

The worst rushing team in the NFL ran for 132 yards against the Jags yesterday.

How good can that DLine be?;)

for those of you who have tx on the ignore list go to www. annoying stats that put the jets in a bad light.com to find out what he's saying.

I can't wait to see leon & cedric combined for a very solid day rushing debut against the pats on the 12th.

I really like Leon but I want to see him have a similar performance against a good defense. Even a good performance this Sunday at Cleveland with big Ted Washington clogging up the middle would be pretty impressive. The Lions without Shaun Rogers couldn't stop our grandparents from running the football successfully.

Dude, the Pats held the AFC's leading rusher to 59 yards yesterday.

Houston and Washington won't get that COMBINED against the Pats.

c'mon tx, the bills are 2-4 stopping the lowly bills from running the ball cannot be deemed as bragging rights even in your own distorted view.

you're defense is too slow to catch leon. he gets 100 + on the 12th

c'mon tx, the bills are 2-4 stopping the lowly bills from running the ball cannot be deemed as bragging rights even in your own distorted view.

you're defense is too slow to catch leon. he gets 100 + on the 12th

Pats D will be whiffing on Leon all day just like they did on Coles' long touchdown run at the Meadowlands. Game itself will come down to the final possession.

The only people whiffing on tackles that day were the Pats DB's.

Leon won't make it past the DLine or the LB's on the 12th.;)

Leon will be 15 yards passed the PATS D-line before they even realize whats goin on...;)

"Penis King"/MMQB:

I know Leon Washington is 5-foot-8, but there have been enough backs in that size range (Joe Morris, Barry Sanders, Tiki Barber) that the Jets may have found their answer at running back. He's a dangerous guy in the open field.

Even King is taking notice of L. Washington.

P.S.

You are the only douche left who doesn't see it TX.

I am really looking forward to the Pats game on the 12th now, should be really exciting. I'm more worried about penny than I am of Leon. Since Penny probably won't do much, Leon probably won't be able to do much either, I don't think it will be his fault though. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong, maybe the Chad faithful will finally be vindicated, maybe Chad will have a good game against a good D in cold weather. Stranger things have happened.

Archived