ESPN page 2 writer kills Charlie Weiss...

Matt39

By DJ Gallo

Special to Page 2

Notre Dame head coach Charlie Weis took time out of his weekly news conference Tuesday to complain about his team dropping in the polls and BCS standings.

While my initial reaction was to simply laugh off Weis' griping, he raised some points and asked a few questions that I felt deserved serious responses.

pg2_w_weis_195.jpg

Matthew Mitchell/WireImage.com

Charlie wasn't a happy camper about the poll results this week.

(The italics are direct quotes pulled from the transcript of Weis' news conference.)

"One of the teams [Tennessee] that jumped us had the same game that we had. They're down, they're playing at home and they win by a field goal. Another team [Florida] that jumped us wasn't even playing. They were at home eating cheeseburgers and they end up jumping us. That befuddles me."

Hey, care to know what befuddles me, Charlie? How the head coach of Notre Dame, a program which has consistently been overrated and ranked higher than it deserved to be for more than a decade -- and for most of the past century -- has the audacity to complain about polls. I mean

"Yes, Charlie, I'd say there's a chance. I mean, geez, look at your schedule over the next month: at Navy, home versus North Carolina, at Air Force and home against Army. And maybe if you're lucky, you can even fit Temple in there somewhere on a Wednesday. So you should easily get through your next four games and be 10-1 and right in the thick of the national title hunt, with the voters leaving love letters outside your door again. "

Lol.

Sounds almost as easy Rutgers's schedule.

It's totally bush league for a major college HC to be whining about the polls in October. Completely amateurish. F ND (sorry 4H/Cant hackett, I know one of you guys is a big ND fan)

:-)

(You) spend every Saturday afternoon on the sideline dropping F-bombs every other word and cussing out officials

No doubt! I remember going to Jets tc when Parcells was the HC, and Chuckie boy was cursing out the OL throughout every practice.

It isn't that complicated-if ND wins out, including beating USC, they are in the BCS; if OSU and Michigan somehow both step on their dicks, they might even play for the Championship; and if they don't win out and beat USC, they have nobody to blame but themselves, and especially for getting spanked in South Bend by Michigan.

impossible..

its USC vs winner of OSU/Mich for title

Probably. But that's the only way ND gets in any BCS game, because as much as Fox or what ever bowl might be involved, they cannot take ND with 2 losses over some other 1 loss team.

Charlie Weiss is a hypocrit for one reason regarding the BCS- In the beginning of the season he said he doesn't pay attention to those things when asked as to whether ND's high ranking was accurate and fair. He said the BCS was meaningless to him and he lets those things sort themselves out. Now, when he drops acouple spots and it hurts ND's bottom line in vying for a BCS bid and big money, he all the sudden started paying attention??

On another note...how about Clemson last night getting their butts whipped.

That team year in and year out has arguably the best talent in the country and consistently underachieve.

well no disgrace in losing at one of toughest stadiums in country

impossible..

its USC vs winner of OSU/Mich for title

Geez, there's at least some chance that ND beats USC. Of course I want them to, as I am a fan, but I think they'll lose, but I think that they have a 33% chance of winning. Impossible is an exaggeration.

It's going to be UND vs the winner of OSU/Michigan for the national championship.. hopefully.. :P

Geez, there's at least some chance that ND beats USC. Of course I want them to, as I am a fan, but I think they'll lose, but I think that they have a 33% chance of winning. Impossible is an exaggeration.

It's going to be UND vs the winner of OSU/Michigan for the national championship.. hopefully.. :P

ND just isnt tha tgood ateam this year. they have fairly close wins over average teams and got bitch slapped by Michigan AT HOME.

After USC upset last nite it looks likes OSU/Mich winner vs Auburn, Florida or Texas. (i think WVU will lose later in year vs Louisville, Pitt or Rutgers)

ND has zero chance now of moving into 2nd slot with USC losing. Thier only hope was to get up to 4 or 5 and then beat the #3 team,,

ND just isnt tha tgood ateam this year. they have fairly close wins over average teams and got bitch slapped by Michigan AT HOME.

After USC upset last nite it looks likes OSU/Mich winner vs Auburn, Florida or Texas. (i think WVU will lose later in year vs Louisville, Pitt or Rutgers)

ND has zero chance now of moving into 2nd slot with USC losing. Thier only hope was to get up to 4 or 5 and then beat the #3 team,,

This week's game between Louisville and WVU will be an elimination match for one fo them. I kind of wish Louisville wins and can make a run for the championship game but do not know if they can jump that far.

Archived