Caption this photo - Bellicheck "handshake"

Big Al NYC

Mangini should've came out with arms up high in a hug style and grabbed him and said "Thanks for teaching me well... *******" and left.;)

On a serious note however, Mangini is the bigger man in all of this though.

Mangini is the much better man. He hasn't said a bad word about BB.

I really think BB is losing it. I think he is getting tired of the NFL, the games, the losses. I mean, what more does he have to prove.

I expect him to retire this year or next.

BZ

Mangini is the much better man. He hasn't said a bad word about BB.

I really think BB is losing it. I think he is getting tired of the NFL, the games, the losses. I mean, what more does he have to prove.

I expect him to retire this year or next.

BZ

I agree 100% with BZ. This has all the makings of someone who is in the early stages of burnout.

I agree 100% with BZ. This has all the makings of someone who is in the early stages of burnout.

He may be getting burnt out, but his ego will certainly keep him from retiring with any dignity. BB will more than likely take this and maybe one more franchise back into the gutter before he's fired and facing a league where no one is willing to take a chance on hiring him.

Wishful thinking, guys.

Not at all. I have been watching him for years, and really, he looks like he is having no fun.

Just say you heard it here first.

I am not saying he won't go to another team, but I think he quits, goes off for a year or two and comes back to take on a really crappy team and tries to build them back up.

BZ

Not at all. I have been watching him for years, and really, he looks like he is having no fun.

Just say you heard it here first.

I am not saying he won't go to another team, but I think he quits, goes off for a year or two and comes back to take on a really crappy team and tries to build them back up.

BZ

In other words he comes back to coach the Pats

:rl: POTW nomination

Captions:

Bill Belichick finds it difficult to shake hands despite the extra elbow room created by his cutoff sleeves.

Jets coach Eric Mangini hadn't shaken a fish this cold since a week 6 win against Miami.

The Patriots have lost consecutive games for the first time since anyone started to care about the Patriots.

A postgame handshake is interrupted when Patriots coach Bill Belichick is distracted by the presence of an unhappily married woman with very little jewelry.

I'm sorry but this is the clear winner.

I think Belichick loves coaching and is not going anywhere. He has always been surly and joyless since his Giant days. He also is still doing a good job to keep the Pats as good as they are with all the injuries and defections they have had. Hopefully though, Mangini and Tannenbaum will continue to build a program that surpasses the Pats and makes Beli irrelevant.

Archived