Who's there at 26?

RichardSeymour

Mock Availability

GBN's final mock has Justin Miller, Marlin Jackson, David Pollack, the Cody brothers, Matt Roth, and Jammal Brown all available at 26.

KFFL's forum-by-forum mock has Fabian Washington, Matt Roth, Sean Cody, Marlin Jackson, and both Miller brothers available at 26.

A little website called "Draftdaddy" has Dan Cody, Marlin Jackson, Fabian Washington, and both Miller brothers available at 26.

But of course, there won't be anyone good there at 26, right?

I think that we as fans think there will be good players available at 26

What TB, the exec. thinks is that these players are not good value at 26

We saved $$$$$$ in this deal, $$$$$$ used hopefully to sign Dyson or Law

If we land Dyson or Law with the jack we saved...this deal is a heist!!

Mock Availability

GBN's final mock has Justin Miller, Marlin Jackson, David Pollack, the Cody brothers, Matt Roth, and Jammal Brown all available at 26.

KFFL's forum-by-forum mock has Fabian Washington, Matt Roth, Sean Cody, Marlin Jackson, and both Miller brothers available at 26.

A little website called "Draftdaddy" has Dan Cody, Marlin Jackson, Fabian Washington, and both Miller brothers available at 26.

it is possible that the jets have some of the 2nd rd corners/safeties rated as high or higher than miller and washington. remember the jets emphasis on drafting 'character' guys. i think the miller arrest last weekend put an end to the jets drafting him. look for them to take a corner who is a model citizen, good player, and team leader in college - like vilma and coleman. the whole thing won't shake out until december. there are good corners available outside of the 1st rd. i would rather see the jets move down and take one then reach for a marginal player or headcase.

RS-We don't have the luxury of seeing the Jets draft board and how they have it stacked.

While you mention players that are projected around that area for 26, who is to say teh Jets do not have other players of equal talent (their evaluation), that will be there in the second round for them?

Woudl you rather that they sit at 26, take the player they have evaluated equal, then take that "reach" pick, only to have "experts" like you say "they could have had that player in teh second.

How do you win you are against that type of reasoning, and worse, that type of uninformed opinion?

ok lets talk about these guys one by one

Dan Cody is a medicated Manic depressive

Marlin Jackson once bashed a bottle over someone's head in a bar fight

Justin Miller just got arrested for Drunken Disorderly conduct

Fabian Washington could be a workout warrior - also he's not big

Heath Miller hasn't run a route since January and he wouldn't be healthy for minicamp!

for my money they can take a chance on flawed prospects 25 slots later and have the same or better success rate - I say that in all honesty without a shred of sarcasm.

You don't rule a guy out over one incident.

Guys can make mistakes.

You DO rule a guy out if that incident turns out to be indicative of a massive character deficit and if the guy is a thug who will screw up again and again.

But you do your research, and you don't rule a guy out out of hand because he was playing his music too loud.

You don't rule a guy out over one incident.

maybe you don't but Bradway and Herm will. that's all that matters - these guys have copied Paoli's draft strategy to the tee and they have gone on record saying that character is the first and most important attribute they look for.

Richard Seymour got caught using bogus phone cards in college. Maybe the Pats should have ruled him out.

Evidently Bit's suggesting the Jets would.

I hear that Corey Dillon guy had a few issues at one point...

Belichick WILL rule a guy out in a heartbeat if he's uncoachable, not a team player, or has an extremely high chance of embarassing the organization.

But he won't hesitate to take a guy with a checkered past if...

1) He believes the guy has learned and won't be embarassing the organization.

2) The guy is coachable and doesn't have an attitude problem in the locker room.

3) The guy is not extremely selfish and is capable of being a team-first player.

Guys like Crowder, Miller, Jackson.... maybe they fail those criteria, but maybe they don't.

bogus phone cards is not the same as breaking a bottle over someone's head or inciting people to disobay police orders. It's a passive crime, plus Richard Seymour's talents are so great that you can look over that - i don't think we can say the same about Miller or jackson...

bogus phone cards is not the same as breaking a bottle over someone's head or inciting people to disobay police orders. It's a passive crime, plus Richard Seymour's talents are so great that you can look over that - i don't think we can say the same about Miller or jackson...

That was so obvious that I can't believe RS would reach that far.

C'mon RS, bash the trade, but don't use noncomparable instances to prove a point.

There are always good players available at every spot in the draft even at 240.

That's not the point.

You have to rank players and judge their value to what your systems are.

Jets may have equal grades on Marlin Jackson and Bryant McFadden or Justin Miller and Eric Green or Brodney Pool and Josh Bullocks or Marcus Johnson and Adam Terry etc.

There will be good players available at 26, But there will also be good players available at 46, 56, 66, 76, 86 etc

I'll give you an example. I have an equal grade on MLB Al Fincher and MLB Barrett Ruud. One is going late 1st early 2nd. The other is going late 2nd to 3rd. If I rate the players equally, Why take Ruud at 35 when I can get Fincher at 55.

What happens if I think Fincher is better!

There are teams who ignored DB in The 1st round to draft Eugene Wilson and Patrick Surtain in The 2nd round.

The Jets scouting staff knows full well who will be available at 26. Everyone knows who will be in that general area.

The Jets decided to get a player they coveted for their offensive system in Jolley and they decided to trade down to have two picks in The 47 to 57 range. They also added 2 second day picks into the mix which the team additional flexibility. Team might not be done dealing.

The 2nd round is where the real value is in this draft.

That's where the real value is in this draft. Especially if you are targeting DT, Safety or CB.

Believe it or not, The Jets have very few starting positions open on their team. Any rookie that comes in will have to compete. Whether it's at OT or DT or DB or K.

The starting spots are pretty much locked down.

Do you really want me to dig up Corey Dillon's rapsheet to prove my point?

Take away the systemic drug abuse and there is ZERO doubt in my mind Belichick would want a Lawrence Taylor clone on his team in a second--- he still speaks glowingly of LT--- even with out the drug abuse LT had some real issues.... but he was coachable, loved the game of football, and he didn't poison the lockeroom.

Anyone here can make a stupid ****ing mistake. I got in a few fights in high school and I'm as straight-arrow as they come.

In a LOT of cases it can be a sign that a guy is a headcase, selfish, uncoachable, or indiscrete and will become an embarassment to the organization.

In a LOT of cases it's a sign that the guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time and made a bad decision or two that he regrets.

I don't know which side J Miller, M Jackson, and C Crowder fall on, but I'm not ruling them out out of hand. Moreover I bet Belichick has done his research and has a pretty solid opinion on which side they fall on, and if it's the latter he won't hesitate to take 'em if it's warranted.

If the Jets are ruling people out of the draft completely for 30 second incidents without doing any digging into the how, the why, and the future implications than Bradway is even dumber than I think.

Mock Availability

Damn RS, talk about pouring salt into wounds. :wink:

I trust the fan's judgement over Bradways.

Half the posters on this site would be a better GM than Bradway if given the proper resources.

=D>

I've been saying this for awhile, and I'm glad to have such worthy company.

I'm no football genius, but give me a few months with ample resources to study football, and then give me all the resources Bradway has and the ability to surround myself with 30 year professionals who know their business, and I guarantee you within a year at most I'd be outperforming Bradway. Easy.

The same is true for a LOT of people here.

Archived