Player quote of the day...

SoFlaJets

"Schlegel's an idiot," Mangold said, laughing at his longtime teammate. "I love him, but I couldn't do that. I couldn't put something that drastic of a change on a sport. All of a sudden, I'd be bald, that'd be weird."

on the bet between BJ Askew and AS on the Michigan-Ohio State game-the loser has to shave his head-who knows maybe it'll have the reverse effect than it did with Samson to one of these guys

Mangold & Askew betted on wearing the opposing schools jersey for a few days.

BJ will be looking very different if the Maize & Blue don't win this game tomorrow but after Bo's death, I don't think there's any question that they will win.

Mangold & Askew betted on wearing the opposing schools jersey for a few days.

BJ will be looking very different if the Maize & Blue don't win this game tomorrow but after Bo's death, I don't think there's any question that they will win.

no 124 from what I understand Mangold and Askew have the jersey bet and Schlegel and BJ have the shaved head wager

no 124 from what I understand Mangold and Askew have the jersey bet and Schlegel and BJ have the shaved head wager

Isn't that what I just said? That Mangold and Askew have the jersey wager to along with Askew & Schlegal's hair bet?:character42:

"Schlegel's an idiot," Mangold said, laughing at his longtime teammate. "I love him, but I couldn't do that. I couldn't put something that drastic of a change on a sport. All of a sudden, I'd be bald, that'd be weird."

on the bet between BJ Askew and AS on the Michigan-Ohio State game-the loser has to shave his head-who knows maybe it'll have the reverse effect than it did with Samson to one of these guys

I hope that bet doesn't affect Schlegel's on-field performance.

I hope that bet doesn't affect Schlegel's on-field performance.

I would think a bald head would have to make him faster. less wind resistance. Bernoulli effect on his aerofoil shaped head will lift his game to new heights.

I would think a bald head would have to make him faster. less wind resistance. Bernoulli effect on his aerofoil shaped head will lift his game to new heights.

He'll still get to wear a helmet right?

Laugh and make fun all you want, but I got a feeling this is the week you see Schlegel on the field and in uniform.

Mark it down.

Gibbon has spoken (well, written)

Laugh and make fun all you want, but I got a feeling this is the week you see Schlegel on the field and in uniform.

Mark it down.

you wouldn't want to make a 1000 V cash bet that he doesn't even suit up do you?

you wouldn't want to make a 1000 V cash bet that he doesn't even suit up do you?

No I wouldnt. 3 reasons.

1. I'm a teacher and that would represent too large a percentage of my yearly take home pay.

2. I dont know what V cash is or how it works.

3. I'd feel bad taking the money from you. I have inside information. My Magic 8 Ball (which is painted Jets Green) is never wrong about these things.

How about some kind of humiliating signature bet instead.

Mark it down.

Gibbon,

I am not a Schlegel basher. I have cautioned people to wait and see. Plenty of time to label him a bust if he still hasn't suited up by this time next year. I think the LB's ahead of him have played OK and probably Mangini wants to put him in the best possible position to succeed.

If Schelegel does happen to pan out in any way shape or form this turns a very good 2006 draft class vintage into something better than that.

<crossing fingers for Schlegel>

Archived