SHOOT ME

Barton

See any of his Yankee posts for more of the same.

Barton Rule Of Thumb = must always have a scape goat and post non stop about his faults if the team doesn't succeed while casting a blind eye on the faults of players he is a full fledged homer of.

I'm pretty sure everyone here knows Chad has struggled the majority of the last 6 weeks .......does Barton feel he's posting breaking news here or just showing what a fair weather fan he is?

The Pennington future will work itself out whether Barton roots for wins or not.

Listen, I know this is very hard for you to take but..... Chad Pennington f'n sucks.

I remember you at JI, you were the poster "Chad101" LOL. You are the biggest Chad lover on the net.

And you still cant disprove anything I said in this piece. All you can do is attack my credibility as a jets fan, which is really pathetic. I root for the Jets, you seem to root harder for Chad Pennington, Chad101.

Gee, I must be so stupid. I am just soooo dumb.

Who I am to not accept putrid QB play? I am also a poor fan according to you. Thats 1 of the chadinette excuses, so good job using one already.

Me calling out Chad, makes me a fair weather fan? Seriously, what the **** are you talking about? That doesnt make any sense.

Only a dipsh#t would sit there and tell me I'm a poor fan because I think Chad is playing like crap and he isnt the future.

And, please, go right ahead and point out some yankee posts from me that are scapegoating. Go right ahead. Put up or shut up.

Everyone agrees Chad's play has been poor but excuse us if we still root for wins and a play-off birth. Some fans are just like that.

If we like the job Mangini is doing then we have to trust he will make the right decision concerning the QB position at the appropriate time.

I along with most fans would be fully behind that change as nothing Mangini has done to date has shown he does not firmly know what is best for this team.

No amount of whining by the fans will make that decision happen quicker and when we see Phillip Rivers after 2 years on the sidelines, maybe just maybe Magini knows what he is doing in having Clemens hold a clipboard this season.

Again , fans know Pennington is struggling.....rooting to lose though is weak.

BTW ,Here's one of your posts when things were going well.

10-02-2006, 10:01 PM #31 Barton vbmenu_register("postmenu_321584", true);

Nugent Supporter

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/imag...ine=1159916722

vCash: 25

He is a legit nfl mvp candidate if he stays healthy, continues playing well, and we sneak into the playoffs. He's playing great right now, without a running attack.

Chad has been cut short in 04 and 05 so saying he didnt beat any good teams the last 2 years is stupid because the Jets beat the chargers twice in 04, as well as the seahawks that year. So STFU tx.

Everyone agrees Chad's play has been poor but excuse us if we still root for wins and a play-off birth. Some fans are just like that.

If we like the job Mangini is doing then we have to trust he will make the right decision concerning the QB position at the appropriate time.

I along with most fans would be fully behind that change as nothing Mangini has done to date has shown he does not firmly know what is best for this team.

No amount of whining by the fans will make that decision happen quicker and when we see Phillip Rivers after 2 years on the sidelines, maybe just maybe Magini knows what he is doing in having Clemens hold a clipboard this season.

Again , fans know Pennington is struggling.....rooting to lose though is weak.

BTW ,Here's one of your posts when things were going well.

10-02-2006, 10:01 PM #31 Barton vbmenu_register("postmenu_321584", true);

Nugent Supporter

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/imag...ine=1159916722

vCash: 25

He is a legit nfl mvp candidate if he stays healthy, continues playing well, and we sneak into the playoffs. He's playing great right now, without a running attack.

Chad has been cut short in 04 and 05 so saying he didnt beat any good teams the last 2 years is stupid because the Jets beat the chargers twice in 04, as well as the seahawks that year. So STFU tx.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHA

You keep bringing up that post. You crack me up.

Yeah, I said IF he continued his play from the 1st 2 games, where he threw for 625 yards with a 4:1 TD/INT ratio. Its common sense to say if he continued that play he would be an MVP candidate, duh.

But he hasnt. Stop living in the past. Its all about THE NOW. And the last 6 weeks he has been the worst QB in the NFL. So I could care less what he did week 1 and week 2, that doesnt matter anymorre.

Penny did beat the chargers 2X and the seahawks that year. But neither of those teams had tuff defenses.

If we go to the playoffs, we'll get our asses kicked and Pennington will once again be our starter in 2007.

Its a cycle. And its not a winning cycle. He cannot put a team over the top.

Sometimes when you win, you really lose. And sometimes when you lose, you really win.

Almost every Jets fan here admits that Chad Pennington has his problems. His arm is weak and the fact that some admit he needs better players around him like a "star RB and a true burner at WR" throws up a red flag in my head. What has Chad ever done with a "true burner at WR" ? He had Santana Moss for 3 years, and what plays did Santana ever do week in, week out? Did he ever have a good season for us?

We trade him to the redskins, and all of a sudden, Santana Moss breaks out for 1,400 yards and a probowl season. Now everybody wants the same type of player to play with Chad again. Interesting.

Maybe its actually Chads inability to throw a 30 yard post w/o hangtime, or a 20 yard out on a line that limits the playbook so much that an air attack downfield is relegated to nothing. Face the facts, Chadinettes, its Chads weak arm that limits the playbook, as well as the running backs.

Teams have been stacking the box against Chad since 2003, and he has done NOTHING since. Sure, we made the playoffs in 2004. Big damn deal. We had a top 5 defense and the NFLs leading rusher, we better damn make the playoffs. Still, when it came to play a tuff defense that year (Bills, Pats, Chargers in the playoffs, Steelers), all those teams stacked 8 in the box and made our NFL rushing leader a non-factor.

Why did they do that? We had that year, a "true burner at WR" in Santana Moss, and aside from a 40 yard TD pass from Chad vs the Chargers, Santana Moss did NOTHING the rest of those games, and especially not vs the Steelers. So again, back to my point. Why did those defenses stack 8 in the box?

The answer is simple. Because Chads arm does not have the respect from tuff defenses. He can NOT stretch the field. He is NOT a threat downfield, regardless of who we have at WR (Santana or Coles).

Fast forward to 2006. Chad is having a miserable season. Thats right, a miserable season. He has thrown more INTs than TDs. I repeat, he has thrown more INTs than TDs. The Jets are still 5-5, and to some fans that means that Chad is playing well, because we have a outside chance at the playoffs.

Guess what? We have no chance at the playoffs. None. We arent going to win 4 more games the rest of the year. We'll be lucky to go 9-7, but more than likely, we'll finish 8-8. And to some fans, thats good because we were considered a 4-12 team before the season started, so Chad's below average QB play is thrown out the window. Or is it? I'll never understand how some fans can tell me straight in the face that we can win with Chad Pennington. If "winning" is going 8-8 or 9-7 every year and getting bounced from the playoffs, please shoot me.

Chad will more than likely play good these next 2 weeks vs the Texans and Packers, 2 power house defenses in their respective leagues. The Jets very well could win the next 2 games, and fans will jump back on the Chad Pennington bandwagon, waving their pom poms telling the likes of myself that they knew all along Chad would come back strong and prove to be a very good fit for this team in the present and future.

Well, my stance on Chad will not waver. He is an average QB with a below average arm. If we had any resemblance of solid QB play this season we would have beaten both the Browns and Bears. That is a fact.

Now if you want to shoot me for saying this, go right ahead. But I fear for the FUTURE of this franchise if we go 8-8. Because that might just be good enough in the minds of the fans and perhaps the coaches to stick with Chad in 2007. Without a doubt, it will be good enough for the Chadinettes, but I hope Mangini and Co. have a better view on the big picture. And the big picture is the future of this team.

If the coaches feel that Chad is the future of this team, we are going nowhere. We will never win a SB with Chad at QB. That is, unless we reaquire Santana Moss, find another nfl rushing leader, not to mention acquiring a top flight defense in the free agency and the draft. Afterall, that was a recipe for success in 2004.

Thats why I will be watching the Jets with 1 eye closed the rest of the year. This team is not winning the SB. I'll keep an eye out for the young guys on this team, and the progress they make to build towards the future.

There is also one other thing that can be accomplished, and that is Chad playing just good enough and the Jets squeaking out an 9-7 record. This is potentially, a very bad thing. This record, of 9-7, could sway our coaching staff to stick with Chad Pennington for the start of the 2007 season. Without a doubt, 2007 would once again be a wasted season. Not even the progress of our young players would be enough, its all about the progress of a QB that makes a team. Chad will be 31 next year. He has no room for progress in any aspect of his game. And we will never win with his game. The Jets would only be digging a bigger hole for themselves if they continue to stick with Chad.

And thats why I am not rooting for the Jets to finish with a winning record, or even 8-8. I do not care about the playoffs, and neither should you. This team is not capable of winning in the playoffs, let alone winning a superbowl. And that all falls squarely on the shoulders of our QB, Chad Pennington.

carefull, barton, or max will think you have a hatred for chad! not that what you wrote isn't true.

carefull, barton, or max will think you have a hatred for chad! not that what you wrote isn't true.

Wow this is pretty cool. You can now officially miss the points in 2 threads. Maybe you don't read much here. I have said all along that Clemens should get a look this year. An extended look. This year, is about next year. It has been that way since the second Mangini took over.

I just think it is funny that you blast Mangini because he doesn't agree with your feelings on Chad. At least I am willing to admit that Mangini might have a better feeling for what is going on with the team than I do. Him being at and conducting all those practices and all.

Wow this is pretty cool. You can now officially miss the points in 2 threads. Maybe you don't read much here. I have said all along that Clemens should get a look this year. An extended look. This year, is about next year. It has been that way since the second Mangini took over.

I just think it is funny that you blast Mangini because he doesn't agree with your feelings on Chad. At least I am willing to admit that Mangini might have a better feeling for what is going on with the team than I do. Him being at and conducting all those practices and all.

Haha, this kinda amused me. Usually you're so calm and cool, but I can actually feel your annoyance here haha. Maybe I'm misreading your tone, but my reading amuses me so I'll stick with it 8-)

I see where people are making comparisons of Chad to Jake Plummer, and I have to say that I think that Shanahan is making a big mistake there (for this season).

Granted, I haven't seen any of their practices, so I don't know how far along Cutler is. But since he hasn't been in a game yet, neither does anyone else. And before we place all the blame on Plummer, he managed to get them a late lead against Indy, and had the Broncs up 24-7 on San Diego in the 4th quarter.

Seems to me Shanahan needs to look at his defense and their habit of coughing up leads before pulling Plummer.

Mangini needs to give this team the best chance to win now. In his opinion (and he's the only one that counts) that's Chad right now. Again, no of know if Clemens is ready or not.

I want the Jets to win as many games as possible. Yeah, we don't look like a SB team, but the Steelers didn't last year either. ANd we know what they did.

:bag: Pennington beat the patriots?

Seriously, did you actually watch the game? Pennington was a non-factor. Get a grip. Jesus Christ.

This is where your logic falls apart, and your extreme bias on this hurts your credibility.

When you think the Jets cant win enough due to CP, but when they do win he is a "non-factor", you just fail to ackwoledge all the facts. Not being able to give proper credit for what he does do-- that's where your one-sided argument fails.

NY Jets Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int

C. Pennington 22 33 168 66.7 5.1 1 7 1 1

That is not the stat line of a non-factor in the game.

The NYJ dont win that game if he doesnt put that kind of game together.

Have fun rooting for them to not win, if that's what you want to do. The starting QB in 07 wont be decided until next summer, whether the record is 8-8, 9-7 or 6-10.

This is where your logic falls apart, and your extreme bias on this hurts your credibility.

When you think the Jets cant win enough due to CP, but when they do win he is a "non-factor", you just fail to ackwoledge all the facts. Not being able to give proper credit for what he does do-- that's where your one-sided argument fails.

NY Jets Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int

C. Pennington 22 33 168 66.7 5.1 1 7 1 1

That is not the stat line of a non-factor in the game.

The NYJ dont win that game if he doesnt put that kind of game together.

Have fun rooting for them to not win, if that's what you want to do. The starting QB in 07 wont be decided until next summer, whether the record is 8-8, 9-7 or 6-10.

Obviously if he goes out there and throws 2 INTs the Jets don't win those games, but that's not because he won the game, that's just because he didn't lose the game. When the best thing you can say about your QB in a big game is that he's capable of playing, once every 8 games, in such a way as that he won't lose the game for you, you have QB problems. To most QBs in the NFL, that was a bad game.

Some still dont get that its about managing the game, and running the offense efficiently. There is not a QB on this roster who can go out there and have 300 yard games week in and week out. The bottom line line here is that CP is way ahead of the other two qbs when it comes to running the O and managing the game. You think the other qbs wont make mistakes and blow games? That's not based in reality.

This CS is playing the QB they know gives the team the best chance to win from week to week. This is a transition season, with a new HC, a new OC, a new system, and having a veteran QB in therte makes this transitional season so much smoother. The CS hasnt conceded the season yet, unlike some of the "fans".

Some still dont get that its about managing the game, and running the offense efficiently. There is not a QB on this roster who can go out there and have 300 yard games week in and week out. The bottom line line here is that CP is way ahead of the other two qbs when it comes to running the O and managing the game. You think the other qbs wont make mistakes and blow games? That's not based in reality.

This CS is playing the QB they know gives the team the best chance to win from week to week. This is a transition season, with a new HC, a new OC, a new system, and having a veteran QB in therte makes this transitional season so much smoother. The CS hasnt conceded the season yet, unlike some of the "fans".

what some of these guys don't get are the intangibles-one of the most impressive things I saw from Chad today was forcing Houston offsides with the hard count on that long drive-those kinds of things don't show up in the stat line-but are just as important as a 1st down conversion throw.Also,the TD to Coles was a wink and nod play-another thing the stats won't show-the correct read...

Obviously if he goes out there and throws 2 INTs the Jets don't win those games, but that's not because he won the game, that's just because he didn't lose the game. When the best thing you can say about your QB in a big game is that he's capable of playing, once every 8 games, in such a way as that he won't lose the game for you, you have QB problems. To most QBs in the NFL, that was a bad game.

Tough loss today huh.;)

I don't think there is a QB in the NFL that can do that, however, I do think most QBs in the NFL can manage more than 4 300 yard games over 7 years. To be fair, he hasn't played all those years, so I'll be generous and say 4 over 4 years. An average of 1 300 yard game per year. That doesn't cut it. I think Clemens can develop to be able to throw for 3000 yards and 30 TDs in a season. I sure hope he can get close to those numbers one year. I don't think Chad can achieve that.

I think Clemens can develop to be able to throw for 3000 yards and 30 TDs in a season.

Based on what? How much have you seen him play and practice?

He might become a good qb one day, but that day isnt today. He has to be able run the offense at least as good as CP has, and learn the opposing defenses and understand what he is seeing. Obviously the CS doesnt think he is ready for that yet. Even if you and barton do-I'll go with what EM and BS decide on this.

This team at 5-5, and now 6-5, is not ready to concede the season in spite of what some impatient fans want.

Archived