Chad Answers All Doubters

SoFlaJets

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So then you should remember how the coaching staff from the Parcells tree has a history of making average QB's look super quality? Point is when BB had that coaching staff Brady won games and super bowls just like the other average QB's that did it for them in the past.

Again BP and TX, I am only saying Penny is better than Brady based on the stats I gave... that is all... Im not a moron I know Brady has been more durable and proven himself more...

You dont think it hurts Brady just a little to know that his YPA is the same as "noodle arm" pennington? Thats the biggest kicker for me... so for all of the PATS trolls and fans (yes not all seem to be trolls here) remeber before you say chad has a noodle arm that Brady isnt throwing the ball downfield anymore than Chad is...

I don't think you truly understand what YPA mean. If Pennington is getting the same YPA as Brady with a 65% completion rate vs. Brady's 61% rate, Brady actual is completing passes of a greater distance to have the same YPA. Another way to look at this is Pennington's game requires a higher % of completions to be just as efficeint moving the ball down the field as other QB.

Joe Namath had a 7.4 YPA on about a 50% completion rate. That means out of evey 100 balls, Pennington had to complete about 18 more passes than Namath to move the team the same distance down the field.

he did play that game with a partial tear in his shoulder so healthy you dont know where we would have ended up..and its no excuse he had surgery the week after we where eliminated..

Do you want me to list the injuries Brady played with?

Tx: Can you list those for me?

Here is what I can recall:

The elbow in 2003 or 2004 and then the sports hernia in most of 2005.

So then you should remember how the coaching staff from the Parcells tree has a history of making average QB's look super quality? Point is when BB had that coaching staff Brady won games and super bowls just like the other average QB's that did it for them in the past.

Look..I understand your point....But..that game in the snow against the Raiders..and that drive at the end of the Superbowl against the Rams and Panthers..makes Brady a great QB..you have to agree..

With that said..I am not saying Pennington is a failure..I would just take Brady over him in a heartbeat

Do you want me to list the injuries Brady played with?

Tx: Can you list those for me?

Here is what I can recall:

The elbow in 2003 or 2004 and then the sports hernia in most of 2005.

right but he"s throwing with his right arm and shoulder...iv"e torn my shoulder ok i know how it is...

Biggs your thinking YPC "Yards Per Completion"

Brady - 11.45 Yards per completion

Pennington - 11.14 Yards per completion

To get either stat you simply divide the total yards by either attempts or completions, thats all try it and check your answer with the NFL stats, it works...

Either way it is spun Brady doesnt get much better than Pennington...

Look..I understand your point....But..that game in the snow against the Raiders..and that drive at the end of the Superbowl against the Rams and Panthers..makes Brady a great QB..you have to agree..

With that said..I am not saying Pennington is a failure..I would just take Brady over him in a heartbeat

Because driving a team into field goal range against a prevent defense is the same as driving them into the endzone:rolleyes:

The raiders game was handed to the pats in 2001.

I would not take Brady over Pennington - period.

both Qb's are around the same talent wise. You will see it once Chad is in this system for a year or two. Brady is nothing special as a QB. he is this generations Terry Bradshaw, or Joe Theisman.

To get either stat you simply divide the total yards by either attempts or completions, thats all try it and check your answer with the NFL stats, it works...

what these guys dont understand its a team game its not all on one person...like brady won the superbowls and playoffs by himself..newsflash he didnt...

Because driving a team into field goal range against a prevent defense is the same as driving them into the endzone:rolleyes:

both Qb's are around the same talent wise. You will see it once Chad is in this system for a year or two. Brady is nothing special as a QB. he is this generations Terry Bradshaw, or Joe Theisman.

I just lost all respect for you with the above statement.

There is no denying that you make a good point. However how much of that disparity has to do with the fact that for the majority of his career Chad has played for a dunce of a HC and a functional retard of a OC in can't Hackett and brady has been surrounded by hall of fame coaches mumbles weis and more, his whole career...

He's ratio this year is 1 to 1, he's completion % is lower, he's YPA is lower, he's QB rating is lower. In every catagory Pennington is worse this year than under the dunce playing the easiest schedule of he's career. Hackett as bad as he was as a play caller, was the single best coach on that staff. What he got out of Chad in both 02 and 04 was the absolute max you could get out of Chad.

WOW:roll:

Brady was in his first full year..in a snow storm..and drove the team down the field in a snow storm..THATS IMPRESSIVE!!!

That's right Brady has a higher Yards per completion. You stated Chad had a higher YPA. My point is if the YPA are the same the fact that Chad is getting a higher completion % is meaningless.

Big loss for me - let me tell you.

I thought you were a good objective poster in the past and I enjoyed reading your posts.

Not sure what I did to tick you off.

The Penny/Brady argument has been done to death and the posters have spoken.

Bradshaw and Theisman were not bad qbs. Would you rather be this generation's Warren Moon?

Just save this post and look back at it in a year or two.

The coaching staff in new england is gone with the exception of the carpet riding belicheck.

I remember when it was Parcells riding Belicheck's carpet. Personally, I think if Belicheck is riding anyone's carpet it's Brady's. He didn't do so hot with the Browns and was 5-11 with the Pats and 0-2 in '01 before Mo Lewis saved his coaching rep.

I thought you were a good objective poster in the past and I enjoyed reading your posts.

Nothing.

He has an agenda and judging by the Patriots' fans still being here.....he is failing.

Bradshaw and Theisman were not bad qbs. Would you rather be this generation's Warren Moon?

I remember when it was Parcells riding Belicheck's carpet. Personally, I think if Belicheck is riding anyone's carpet it's Brady's. He didn't do so hot with the Browns and was 5-11 with the Pats and 0-2 in '01 before Mo Lewis saved his coaching rep.

Belicheck stole Parcells staff that is why he won post Parcells.

He hasn't answered my doubts yet and I don't know that he will. Pennington now has 10 TDs and four interceptions in the Jets' seven wins and three TDs and nine interceptions in the five losses. Two more sure pick's were dropped last week and another 2 easier ones in the red zone this week. I'd love nothing more than for this guy to get us to the promised land - but I don't see it happening.

Sherry is a good poster but got sick and tired of every discussion being trolled upon with stupid one liners from our Texas native.

Jet fans have always voted Brady the best in the game but in the same breath Pennington is nowhere near as bad as many make him out to be here.

He didn't do so hot with the Browns and was 5-11 with the Pats and 0-2 in '01 before Mo Lewis saved his coaching rep.

27 - His Browns tenure was not as bad as it is made out to be. He took over an old 3-13 team. They won 6 or 7 games his first year and the defense got better. It was not until he made the switch from Kosar to VT that the offense got a little better. He made alot of mistakes in every aspect of coaching. However, his coaching ability was also apparent.

He hasn't answered my doubts yet and I don't know that he will. Pennington now has 10 TDs and four interceptions in the Jets' seven wins and three TDs and nine interceptions in the five losses. Two more sure pick's were dropped last week and another 2 easier ones in the red zone this week. I'd love nothing more than for this guy to get us to the promised land - but I don't see it happening.

That stat should tell you how much this team has relied on Chad to win. Without Chad we go 4-12 - but I guarentee you if Chad played last year Herm would still be coaching here. Chad is a very good QB who has never had much to work with around him. he finally is getting the tools. And most of those tools are young and still learning.

27 - His Browns tenure was not as bad as it is made out to be. He took over an old 3-13 team. They won 6 or 7 games his first year and the defense got better. It was not until he made the switch from Kosar to VT that the offense got a little better. He made alot of mistakes in every aspect of coaching. However, his coaching ability was also apparent.

Tommy Vardell.

Tommy Vardell.

Forest...those are trees.

That stat should tell you how much this team has relied on Chad to win. Without Chad we go 4-12 - but I guarentee you if Chad played last year Herm would still be coaching here. Chad is a very good QB who has never had much to work with around him. he finally is getting the tools. And most of those tools are young and still learning.

Bradway and Herm failed to protect Chad when he was coming back from a major shoulder surgery. Last years team sucked because the OL was neglected and fell to ruin, which is why Chad and Curtis went down and why both Herm and Bradway are gone.

I agreee with a second string QB we would be a 4 & 12 team but that argument is really pretty lame since most NFL teams would be 4 & 12 with a back up. The question is how good would the Jets be with a real franchise QB?

Archived