Was Mangini the Brains Behind Bellichick?

JonEJet

It seems to me that since Eric has done such a great job with the Jets, that quite possibly you see the slight downward turn of the Pats franchise as a whole as a result of Mangini leaving the franchise.

It is quite possible that Mangini was the Brains behind the Pats run...what do you think?

:rolleyes: Absolutely! Mangini was secretly directing the offense too!

Dan Pees is doing a fine job with the defense as presently constituted. He has midgets at corner and not one healthy starting safety and older LB's. Still, the defense is actually ranked towards the top of the league. Offense, although red zone production is ranked 2nd? - is the issue. Put it this way, the Patriots miss Charlie Weiss more than The Penguin.

Crennel's had some great success in Cleveland hasn't he? I'll take Mangini as the guy who learned the most.

Say goodbye to winning at home in the playoffs Pats fans because either the Bengals or Jets are coming in and putting an end to your what? 7 straight home wins in the playoffs? It's coming to an end.

Dan Pees is doing a fine job with the defense as presently constituted. He has midgets at corner and not one healthy starting safety and older LB's. Still, the defense is actually ranked towards the top of the league. Offense, although red zone production is ranked 2nd? - is the issue. Put it this way, the Patriots miss Charlie Weiss more than The Penguin.

FINALLY a pats* fan admits missing Charlie Weiss...POTW nom..

ow wait, Garbs a girl??? never mind

FINALLY a pats* fan admits missing Charlie Weiss...POTW nom..

ow wait, Garbs a girl??? never mind

Finally? I've been saying it all season! Everytime I see the Pats run a reverse, I want to puke. Josh McDaniels is a joke as OC. Last week, I finally saw the offense come alive in the fourth quarter. Reverting to their bread and butter spread offense, hurry-up offense and running the screen play to perfection. A total Charlie Weiss kind of offense. It works! The Pats run the screen better than any other offense in the league. The hurry-up gives Brady latitude to call plays. This keeps Joshie-Boy at bay. That's suits me just fine.

Well Garb I think your boy BB has his hands deep in this defense..I actually saw him more than once this year using the white board and making adjustments during games with Dumb Dan standing next to him with his manthing in his hand..I absolutely NEVER saw BB doing that when Mangini was calling the 'D" in 2005..NEVER and I saw every Pat's game last year..Sounds like the Pat's fans are turning a little green with envy..no pun there..Worry about your team not ours..haters

It seems to me that since Eric has done such a great job with the Jets, that quite possibly you see the slight downward turn of the Pats franchise as a whole as a result of Mangini leaving the franchise.

It is quite possible that Mangini was the Brains behind the Pats run...what do you think?

JonE, take it easy brother...it is becoming quite obvious that Mangini is a great football mind and should be a fine coach; but do you really think he had that much influence in NE? Not so much. Don't get me wrong, I think Mangini is doing a great job, and the Pats seem to be a tad less feared than before. Nonetheless, they are atop the AFCE by a couple games yet, and I am not one to count chickens if you know what I mean.

Well Garb I think your boy BB has his hands deep in this defense..I actually saw him more than once this year using the white board and making adjustments during games with Dumb Dan standing next to him with his manthing in his hand..I absolutely NEVER saw BB doing that when Mangini was calling the 'D" in 2005..NEVER and I saw every Pat's game last year..Sounds like the Pat's fans are turning a little green with envy..no pun there..Worry about your team not ours..haters

Incorrect, as a Pats fan I saw BB chewing out Mangini on more than one occassion on the sidelines last season. One occasion was particularily memorable - forgot what game it was, but it looked pretty intense. Maybe you were wearing yoru green colored glasses while watching EVERY Pats game last year. :P

Sort of like how BB was the brains behind Parcells, makes sense to me.

Incorrect, as a Pats fan I saw BB chewing out Mangini on more than one occassion on the sidelines last season. One occasion was particularily memorable - forgot what game it was, but it looked pretty intense. Maybe you were wearing yoru green colored glasses while watching EVERY Pats game last year. :P

Unfortunely living in Ct I was force fed the Pat's..speaking of watching TV did you see during the play off game when Asante pick off the pass tp seal the deal vs Jacksonville.. Belichick sprinted to Mangini and started humping him telling EM GREAT CALL..you probably missed i...t everyone else in America saw it!! FACT.. also made him the highest paid coordinator ever for the Pat's to stop him from going to Miami or Cleveland..Oh..forgot about that...Garb..you've been CLOWNED!!

That was the game where Mangimi forgot the sugar in BB's coffee.

Unfortunely living in Ct I was force fed the Pat's..speaking of watching TV did you see during the play off game when Asante pick off the pass tp seal the deal vs Jacksonville.. Belichick sprinted to Mangini and started humping him telling EM GREAT CALL..you probably missed i...t everyone else in America saw it!! FACT.. also made him the highest paid coordinator ever for the Pat's to stop him from going to Miami or Cleveland..Oh..forgot about that...Garb..you've been CLOWNED!!

Yes, I saw that too! I also saw the stuff you fail to mention. But what do I know, I'm a frickin' Pats fan who lives in Boston. Yikes, it's not like I see all the Pats only local shows, or listen to the local Sports radio shows, or go to the games and stuff.....yeesh! Yup, you got me!

I never said Mangini is bad coach. I think he is awesome. He's not perfect. Either is Bellichick. All I said is that the Patriots miss Charlie Weiss more than Eric Mangini. This Pats fan beleives that. You can choose not to. But please do continue "clowning" me.....I thoroughly enjoy these chest beating competitions you engage in. How old are you, anyway? 15?

Yes, I saw that too! I also saw the stuff you fail to mention. But what do I know, I'm a frickin' Pats fan who lives in Boston. Yikes, it's not like I see all the Pats only local shows, or listen to the local Sports radio shows, or go to the games and stuff.....yeesh! Yup, you got me!

I never said Mangini is bad coach. I think he is awesome. He's not perfect. Either is Bellichick. All I said is that the Patriots miss Charlie Weiss more than Eric Mangini. This Pats fan beleives that. You can choose not to. But please do continue "clowning" me.....I thoroughly enjoy these chest beating competitions you engage in. How old are you, anyway? 15?

Alot older then you..trust me..I'm tired of you Pat's fans always here yapping, so I'm yapping right back ..its nothing personal Garb, Hell I think Tom Brady is a great guy and hall of famer...I truly belive Pat fans are not happy about EM leaving,especially to the Jets..F**k that.. he had to take his shot when it came and while he was hot and most

Pat fans should respect that!! What I really think is Eric Mangini is Bill Belichick with a personality. Didn't a couple of Jet players say we won it for Coach Mangini..no Patriot player would EVER say that about BB and you know that..BB and Pioli lied to Brady and convinced him to take less then top dollar so they could keep people ex:(Givens,Branch,Willie M, Vinitiari) Just to save a few bucks ..pathetic

How many rings did BB win without Eric on the team? That's right NONE!... Clearly Weiss and Crennel picked up a lot from working alongside the Penguin.

I think the time has passed where BB can simply do nothing and allow the credit successes to fall onto his plate. In retrospect it is pretty obvious that this was the reason why BB got so pissed when Eric accepted the position with the Jets? Did the ugly sisters like it when Cinderella moved outta da house??? NOOOOO!!! They were pissed because now the house was going to be dirty and maybe people might begin to question why it was clean in the first place.

Belichick is a noodle-brain! Mangini has more zip on his IQ.

If you want proof I offer you the opinions of Pats fans on this very forum. Clearly (in their opinion) there is a "talent-gap" between the Jets and the Patriots.... Just as clearly the Jets went up into the Patriots back yard and kicked some Patriots ass. Nobody is claiming they were lucky that day. Nobody has claimed that the refs affected the outcome. So if it wasn't talent and it wasn't luck then the only other explanation is that the Patriots were out coached. And by a first year former assistant to boot.

Mangini smarts > Belichick smarts.

Maybe it is the syphilis taking hold with BB.

How many rings did BB win without Eric on the team? That's right NONE!... Clearly Weiss and Crennel picked up a lot from working alongside the Penguin.

I think the time has passed where BB can simply do nothing and allow the credit successes to fall onto his plate. In retrospect it is pretty obvious that this was the reason why BB got so pissed when Eric accepted the position with the Jets? Did the ugly sisters like it when Cinderella moved outta da house??? NOOOOO!!! They were pissed because now the house was going to be dirty and maybe people might begin to question why it was clean in the first place.

Well, since it's his first year without Mangini - let's see about the SB thing - although I suspect it will be zero this season. Also, since Crennel was coaching well before Mangini - I suspect it's the other way around and then he blossomed on his own.

I have no idea why BB is pissed off at The Penguin. I believe it's a whole slew of things made worse by The Penguin throwing a wrench in the Branch dealings. Shame on the Pats, they handled that one poorly.

I agree that BB was outcoached the last game. The Penguin had a bye to work with and extensive knowledge of the Pats - I actually called for a Pats loss. However, one game and somehow you all believe the trend will continue? Talk about Green colored glasses! This is why I want a rematch in the playoff's. End the discussion for the season. :)

Maybe when Mangini wins coach of the year, the league in a spirit of reconcilliation, will order Belichick to present him with the award. And be nice about it to boot :)

Maybe, although I think Sean Payton may have something to say 'bout that.

Well, since it's his first year without Mangini - let's see about the SB thing - although I suspect it will be zero this season. Also, since Crennel was coaching well before Mangini - I suspect it's the other way around and then he blossomed on his own.

I have no idea why BB is pissed off at The Penguin. I believe it's a whole slew of things made worse by The Penguin throwing a wrench in the Branch dealings. Shame on the Pats, they handled that one poorly.

I agree that BB was outcoached the last game. The Penguin had a bye to work with and extensive knowledge of the Pats - I actually called for a Pats loss. However, one game and somehow you all believe the trend will continue? Talk about Green colored glasses! This is why I want a rematch in the playoff's. End the discussion for the season. :)

That was HOT :P I like when you talk dirty garb!

I'm going to assume you guys are just joking right? Please tell me you're just joking. Wasn't Mangina like the Defensive Backs coach up until last year and the ball boy before that?lol Yea, DB coach's usually are the brains behind a coaching staff. Oh, and wasn't New England's defense ranked 26th when Mangina was the D Coordinator?

I'm going to assume you guys are just joking right? Please tell me you're just joking. Wasn't Mangina like the Defensive Backs coach up until last year and the ball boy before that?lol Yea, DB coach's usually are the brains behind a coaching staff. Oh, and wasn't New England's defense ranked 26th when Mangina was the D Coordinator?

You are correct about the DC stint. However, in DEFENSE of Mangini - (yup the pass defense was ranked pretty darn low last season) he had bunk to work with in the secondary. The equivalent of a stick of gum, a post it note, some glue and an eraser. They improved as the year wore on. Gee whiz! Kind of like this year.....

You are correct about the DC stint. However, in DEFENSE of Mangini - (yup the pass defense was ranked pretty darn low last season) he had bunk to work with in the secondary. The equivalent of a stick of gum, a post it note, some glue and an eraser. They improved as the year wore on. Gee whiz! Kind of like this year.....

I guess we should call him ManGiver!

I guess we should call him ManGiver!

Sadly I was going to type the same thing.

Seriously, a pats friend of mine was telling me last night about how he has never seen BB make so many bonehead decisions in one season and does not understand what was going on. In response I say "Do you know about that Shannon Shenocca?" and he didn't so I explain how someone (SJ) has this theory that because of the problems he caused and how he has his head up Shenocca's you know what that he may just not be very focused this year and that it could be affecting his coaching. At this point in the conversation the light went on in my pats friend's head and he tells me that it's too simple and makes too much sense to be true. :confused:

Thanks sj!:)

Sadly I was going to type the same thing.

Seriously, a pats friend of mine was telling me last night about how he has never seen BB make so many bonehead decisions in one season and does not understand what was going on. In response I say "Do you know about that Shannon Shenocca?" and he didn't so I explain how someone (SJ) has this theory that because of the problems he caused and how he has his head up Shenocca's you know what that he may just not be very focused this year and that it could be affecting his coaching. At this point in the conversation the light went on in my pats friend's head and he tells me that it's too simple and makes too much sense to be true. :confused:

Thanks sj!:)

I don't buy it. The Pats are on pace to have a better record than last year.

Keep in mind that the 2005 Pats had McGinest, Vinatieri, Givens, Branch and some stiff as the DC :P

The only bonehead move that BB made this year was making McDaniels the OC.

Keep in mind that the 2005 Pats had McGinest, Vinatieri, Givens, Branch and some stiff as the DC :P

I'm not going to disagree with you because I have seen exactly 2 Pats games in full this year and I was paying attention to the other team during those games. I was just passing along what a buddy said, you think he's way off base obviously but I definitely see some of the shine coming off.

Btw, "on pace to have more wins" ??? No offense G but that and $2 will get you on the subway.:P

Btw, "on pace to have more wins" ??? No offense G but that and $2 will get you on the subway.:P

Just trying to point out the fact that even with everyone saying the Pats are on the way down they are still just fine.

The 3 Pats losses have been by a combined 20 points. 1 Jet loss was by 41 points. :P

Just trying to point out the fact that even with everyone saying the Pats are on the way down they are still just fine.

The 3 Pats losses have been by a combined 20 points. 1 Jet loss was by 41 points. :P

Yeah, and one of those three losses was to the Jets.

Archived