What if...

JetCane

CP plays next week and the Jets win.

Jax is 2-4 on the road and plays at tenn

Cinn plays Monday at Indy.

If they both lose and the Jets are back in a tie for the wildcard spot, are all these "play Clemens now" threads a total waste of bandwidth? Or will everyone still want to bench CP and play Clem the last two games with a playoff spot on the line.

I'm just askin'.

If they both lose and the Jets are back in a tie for the wildcard spot, are all these "play Clemens now" threads a total waste of bandwidth? Or will everyone still want to bench CP and play Clem the last two games with a playoff spot on the line.

I'm just askin'.

I want Chad to do well and take us to the playoffs... my concern is that Mangini will be upset with Chad but scared to put Clemens in... if he is fed up with Chda he should make the switch and not wait...

I'm just askin'.

cane - i think chad gives the jets the best chance to win right now, no argument there. i just don't see the jets winning a super bowl w/chad. at some point the team needs to find out if clemens can play. it may be against oakland or it may be in training camp next year but chad is not the answer.

cane - i think chad gives the jets the best chance to win right now, no argument there. i just don't see the jets winning a super bowl w/chad. at some point the team needs to find out if clemens can play. it may be against oakland or it may be in training camp next year but chad is not the answer.

I completely agree with you, Fo.

My position has been all year that CP gives them the best chance to win now.

I am not even close to a CP worshipper, but that has been the reality.

They are capable of making the playoffs with him, but not the SB. Agreed.

The thing is, the goal this season was never going to be winning the SB. But making the playoffs- sure, thats not an unreasonable goal. They have been in the hunt.

What I am hoping it that next summer Clemens is good enough to take the starting job. He doesnt have to be great right away- just good enough to give the staff enough confidence in him to start him. That is what I am hoping.

And since i think the Jets will be either 7-8 or 8-7 going into the Oakland game, I'd like to see him play that game.

Just like you whooped Buffalo? Just like the Pansies beat us today? Jets have no chance. Just like the soup man says, "no playoffs for you";)

If the Bills defense can make PennyBoy stink up the joint like he did today, can you just imagine what the Phins defense will do to him?:eek:

Wrecks Grossman's 1.4 QB rating could be in jeopardy.

If the Bills defense can make PennyBoy stink up the joint like he did today, can you just imagine what the Phins defense will do to him?:eek:

Wrecks Grossman's 1.4 QB rating could be in jeopardy.

Your Sig is wrong TX...

TX's Sig

sb3.jpg

and a closer look...

sb3sig1.gif

I'm just askin'.

This might sound crazy. But I would rather not make the playoffs and let the coaches have a better feeling about Clemens ability. But they are under a lot of pressure to make the playoffs so I understand their situation.

I completely agree with you, Fo.

My position has been all year that CP gives them the best chance to win now.

I am not even close to a CP worshipper, but that has been the reality.

They are capable of making the playoffs with him, but not the SB. Agreed.

The thing is, the goal this season was never going to be winning the SB. But making the playoffs- sure, thats not an unreasonable goal. They have been in the hunt.

What I am hoping it that next summer Clemens is good enough to take the starting job. He doesnt have to be great right away- just good enough to give the staff enough confidence in him to start him. That is what I am hoping.

And since i think the Jets will be either 7-8 or 8-7 going into the Oakland game, I'd like to see him play that game.

i am with you on all counts. as one of the only posters on this board that actually got to see clemens this summer, do you think he will be good enough to win the job next year?

I want Chad to do well and take us to the playoffs... my concern is that Mangini will be upset with Chad but scared to put Clemens in... if he is fed up with Chda he should make the switch and not wait...

If Chad plays well next week, everyone will be back to "Chad proved everyone wrong" threads and "I was with Chad all along" crap that changes from week to week.

And exactly what does that have to do with the upcoming Jets/Phins game?

The last time I checked, the Jets beat the Bills earlier in the season.

How did that turn out for them today?

And exactly what keeps making you ignore the fact that I proved your Sig is wrong...?? are you freakin blind???

Your Sig is wrong TX...

TX's Sig

sb3.jpg

and a closer look...

sb3sig1.gif

This might sound crazy. But I would rather not make the playoffs and let the coaches have a better feeling about Clemens ability. But they are under a lot of pressure to make the playoffs so I understand their situation.

Yep, the situation is that we have a new HC who wants to change the culture of the team. Sending the signal to the 40 other players that they are now playing the string out is not the message EM wants to send. If anything, I bet he is thinking of getting as many wins as he can in his first season, and taking it from there.

Fo, what I saw of Kellen at Hofstra is hardly enough to make such a judgment, especially since it was his first NFL camp. But I am sure he learned a lot this season by following the gameplanning and watching film and seeing defenses on the field. And for all CP's flaws, he is probably a very good QB to tutor Clemens while he is waiting his turn.

So, I'd say Clemens has a fighting chance to grab the job next summer.

It will be somewhat disappointing if he isnt good enough to do that.

the jets have already beaten the dolphags for the record.

I gotta hand it to you. You come up with the most ridiculous lame brained retorts to every single football related discussion imaginable. Chad throws a horrible INT, you say he was just unlucky. Chad holds onto the ball for 6 seconds and gets slammed by the DE giving off his best Drew Bledsoe impression and you say it was the OL' fault. Chad doesn't throw a pass beyond 7 yards in the air regardless of the situation and you say the WR's stink. ow you claim that the fact we beat MIA somehow means we will again? Brilliant. You do realize we beat BUF earlier this year.o relize NE beat us earlier this year? Prior games mean nothing in regards to current performance. If MIA plays D the way they did this past weekend and for the most part the last 5 weeks, Chad will make Tom Brady's performance look like one for the ages.

I gotta hand it to you. You come up with the most ridiculous lame brained retorts to every single football related discussion imaginable. Chad throws a horrible INT, you say he was just unlucky. Chad holds onto the ball for 6 seconds and gets slammed by the DE giving off his best Drew Bledsoe impression and you say it was the OL' fault. Chad doesn't throw a pass beyond 7 yards in the air regardless of the situation and you say the WR's stink. ow you claim that the fact we beat MIA somehow means we will again? Brilliant. You do realize we beat BUF earlier this year.o relize NE beat us earlier this year? Prior games mean nothing in regards to current performance. If MIA plays D the way they did this past weekend and for the most part the last 5 weeks, Chad will make Tom Brady's performance look like one for the ages.

Ouch.

madmike just got completely owned. :eek:

If Chad plays well next week, everyone will be back to "Chad proved everyone wrong" threads and "I was with Chad all along" crap that changes from week to week.

For the most part, the ones who criticize Chad have been doing so regardless. I said it before and I'll say it again: Every start that man makes as QB for the Jets pushes our chances of ever reaching and winning a SB further and further away. I was through seeing him at the helm on the day he led us to a whopping 3 points on offense in another prototypical sh*t the bed moment against the Steelers in the divisional playoffs in 2004. That was the last time I ever wanted to see him play a game for the NY Jets.

POTW Nom.

For the most part, the ones who criticize Chad have been doing so regardless. I said it before and I'll say it again: Every start that man makes as QB for the Jets pushes our chances of ever reaching and winning a SB further and further away. I was through seeing him at the helm on the day he led us to a whopping 3 points on offense in another prototypical sh*t the bed moment against the Steelers in the divisional playoffs in 2004. That was the last time I ever wanted to see him play a game for the NY Jets.

Agreed. For the most part, when we lose, he is pretty horrible. And when we win, he's not that impressive. He is far too streaky a QB (even you could even call it that) to form a serious Super Bowl contending team around. You can have all the football smarts in the world, but it isn't going to mean d!ck if you cant make things happen on the field.

I've always liked Chad. He's a good guy. when is the last time anyone here remembers him throwing an 50+ bomb to break a game open, or marching down the field in a 2 minute drill and getting a TD to win the game.

It's crazy to think anything but that. Just frik'n crazy.

I'm just askin'.

Go Colts

Man, it must be fun rooting for all these other teams just so the Jets have a shot at the playoffs.

I wish I knew what that was like.

Clinch the AFCE yet? I think not... PATS fans should have been rooting for the Vikings today... c'mon TX you know this!

Man, it must be fun rooting for all these other teams just so the Jets have a shot at the playoffs.

I wish I knew what that was like.

don't worry Tex the Pats ain't going anywhere this year-there will be NO hoisting of trophies in Beantown this winter-so you'll know what THAT feels like....again

Archived