The Official Discuss The Debate (BZ-TX) Thread

Maxman

Okay here is the debate. http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27681

But man I can't not comment on this. Holy crap BZ came out with a rage. Bringing #s into the mix from Mumbles first go around. A classic move by the young BZ.

How will the veteran Tx respond. He is against the ropes early, BZ has presented a solid case for the Jets development. Does Tx have anything to prove that the Jets are what he says they are (a crappy team)?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay here is the debate. http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27681

But man I can't not comment on this. Holy crap BZ came out with a rage. Bringing #s into the mix from Mumbles first go around. A classic move by the young BZ.

How will the veteran Tx respond. He is against the ropes early, BZ has presented a solid case for the Jets development. Does Tx have anything to prove that the Jets are what he says they are (a crappy team)?

larry.jpg

- The Jets are QB deep for 2007 (Chad + Kellen) Deep $hit is more like it. Funny how one 300 yd. game against the freakin' Vikings makes everything just go away.

- The Jets are RB deep for 2007 (Cedric + Leon) Neither back is proven

- The 3/4 Defense is working and will work better in 2007 - If you consider being in the bottom half in both rushing and passing as "working" then yeah you got it.

- The 2006 Draft is a HUGE success with the 2007 Draft only to add - The only point I agree with.

- The Jets are WR deep for 2007 (Coles + Cotchery) - Two WR does not constitute "deep".

- The Jets are Oline deep for 2007 (Mangold + D'Brick) - Again, how are they deep? By deep, that insinuates that if one of these players goes down, there is someone else that can step in and do nearly AS GOOD of a job. Who are those players?

I have no doubt that TX will have a fantastic retort. Patience is a virtue, folks, or don't they teach that in Jets Special Needs class?

Just wondering - the manic highs and lows you all display after each victory or defeat - will that transcend to this "debate" as well? You know: "Yah, BZ done good! woohooo!!!" Then TX makes a great comeback - putting BZ on the ropes, and you all start a thread about BZ having a noodle brain or something.....;)

- The Jets are QB deep for 2007 (Chad + Kellen) Deep $hit is more like it. Funny how one 300 yd. game against the freakin' Vikings makes everything just go away.

-

I thought the SAME THING after I read what he posted about Buffalo and Losman. Jeez... weak argument on that point. Psst... BZ... Chad's not the answer either...

I have no doubt that TX will have a fantastic retort. Patience is a virtue, folks, or don't they teach that in Jets Special Needs class?

Just wondering - the manic highs and lows you all display after each victory or defeat - will that transcend to this "debate" as well? You know: "Yah, BZ done good! woohooo!!!" Then TX makes a great comeback - putting BZ on the ropes, and you all start a thread about BZ having a noodle brain or something.....;)

Never mind my last post... I just figured it out... we're waiting a long time because TX has to read all of the points you and Alk PMed him. OK... now I really AM excited to hear what he has to say.

Never mind my last post... I just figured it out... we're waiting a long time because TX has to read all of the points you and Alk PMed him. OK... now I really AM excited to hear what he has to say.

Please....TX needs no help from me.

Great opening salvo by BZ, just one thing, I am a little nervous that he opened up with way too much. I can understand why, he is all charged up for the fight and while waiting for TX to reply, he just keeps firing.

BZ, this has to go until weds, some of the great points you lay out there might get forgotten or disregarded if you lay too much out all at once, don't give hime the oppertunity to gloss over any of it and only partly answer you. This is a debate, back and forth, back and forth. Hang tuff!!!

Brad Smith - 8 rec. 49 yds. 0 TD in 14 games

Playmaker,who has made some major contributions on key 3rd down plays in key games..

Chad Jackson - 10 rec. 131 yds. 3 TD in 10 games

Discuss...please...

Overhyped first round pick,who can not stay on the field or catch the ball.;)

Playmaker,who has made some major contributions on key 3rd down plays in key games..

Overhyped first round pick,who can not stay on the field or catch the ball.;)

and BP...he was reportedly having trouble grasping the playbook in the beginning of the year which kept him inactive the first few games

and BP...he was reportedly having trouble grasping the playbook in the beginning of the year which kept him inactive the first few games

Good point SFJ..I forgot;) ..Brad Smith is much more intelligent than Chad Jackson also.

Archived