The Official Discuss The Debate (BZ-TX) Thread

Maxman

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To Start you left out the 80 yards rushing Smith has. Which puts the two recievers at almost the same yardage. Plus Smith is a converted QB learning a new position.

Also B. Smith was a 4th round pick, not much expected of him as a rookie

Jackson was a 2nd round ( 36th overall- I think ) was supossed to be a speedster that was to have a immediate impact, thus making Brach expendable (that worked out well)

Smith was 4th or 5th on the WR chart this year, kind interesting how you choose him to compare???

Dont underestimate Tex..He's kind of like Gumby..he can be stretched and twisted in different directions..and then uncoil and return fire..

LwM6i13pGqw

Okay, so by chance did Brad Smith score 3 TDs somewhere in those 80 yds. rushing? All of the 4th. round, converted QB crap is irrelevent. You made it irrelelvent when you started comparing him to the Patriots WRs.

First of all, if you don’t already think the Jets are heading in the right direction under Mangini, you’re delusional. This coaching staff and regime is night and day compared to the previous one. Even if we don’t win another game this season, 2006 is already considered a success. As it is, we have a great chance to make the playoffs in this so-called rebuilding season.

Remember, this is the third offensive system and 3rd different OC Chad had to learn in as many years. As smart as Chad is, that’s tough for anyone. With a season of this offense under his belt, Chad will be a better QB next season. Clemens will be in his second season in the league, and you figure this season of his being on the sidelines and learning about the game at this level can’t hurt his progress.

We have a pretty good 2-man RB committee going in Houston and Washington. Both offer different skill sets for opposing defenses. I also expect us to go after Michael Turner, a great backup to Tomlinson, in the offseason, or draft a RB on the 1st day. I expect Blaylock and Barlow to be gone.

We have some really good defensive pieces already in place. Thomas is enjoying a breakout season, Robertson is really coming along, Rhodes is a Pro Bowler, and any team in the league would want to have Vilma. Hobson is a good player, as are Ellis, Barton, and Dyson. We’ll get rid of von Oelhoffen and look for an upgrade there. I expect Mangini to keep improving our front 7 in the offseason, as learned from Belichick.

This past draft is one of the best we’ve had in quite some time, so we know Tannenbaum and Mangini know what they’re doing there. We have four 1st day picks in 2007, including two 2nd rounders, with one of them coming from the awful Redskins.

We’re also going to be in much better cap shape, so expect the Jets to be players in free agency.

Mangini also will know his team much better, obviously, so we expect him to get rid of the dead weight currently on the roster and get players who he believes will be good fits here.

As for lofty expectations and the Jets not doing well with them, well, these aren’t your same old Jets. The reason why we haven’t done well with high expectations is because either Herm was our HC or our starting QB (Vinny 1999, Chad 2003 and 2005) missed most, if not the whole season.

No one knows if next season’s schedule is going to be easy or tough. I’m sure people thought the Saints would be an easy game at this time last year, and now look. The point is you just don’t know what a team will be and what injuries/losses they’ll have. And besides, don’t the Pats and every team in the AFCE play the NFCE and AFCN next season, too? And didn’t the Pats pretty much have a similar schedule than we have had this season?

Sure, the Pats will still be tough and will most likely be favored to win the AFCE next season, but the Jets’ win in Foxboro shows that they can play with them and when the Pats lose in the playoffs again this year, it will officially mark the end of the “dynasty” and teams fearing them. The gap is closing between the Jets and Pats and fans of both teams know it.

So far I would say BZ wins... TX claims that Chad loses games and blah blah blah ... regardless of the past he is healthy for the 3rd time in his career and is about to lead his team to the playoffs for the 3rd time in his career as well...

SO TX's whole "based on past facts" or whatever he said crap doesnt make sense, the only reason we sucked was usually becuase Chad got hurt... apply his same theory to Chad being healthy and everytime he has been in the past we get in the playoffs and have even won in the playoffs...

They are debating 2007 correct ?

Both sides have made good points. I do think the Jets will grab a RB in the draft and the direction Mangini has them going in looks pretty promising.

In TX's defense the schedule will be alot tougher next year so (at least IMO) we should get a better gauge of where the Jets stand in this rebuilding process.

And if ALK interferes in the the match one more time he should be barred from ringside. What are you friggin Capt Lou Albano or something ? :P

How many good teams will Chad face in the playoffs Tx? Good one's.

His record in the playoffs?

02: 1-1

04: 1-1

He's 2-2 in the playoffs... sure, not great, but, isn't the great Peyton Manning continually choking in the playoffs year after year?

They are debating 2007 correct ?

Both sides have made good points. I do think the Jets will grab a RB in the draft and the direction Mangini has them going in looks pretty promising.

In TX's defense the schedule will be alot tougher next year so (at least IMO) we should get a better gauge of where the Jets stand in this rebuilding process.

And if ALK interferes in the the match one more time he should be barred from ringside. What are you friggin Capt Lou Albano or something ? :P

More like Jim Cornett, look out for the tennis racket. :)

So BZ wins based soley on his "opinions"?

Opinions are like aholes, everyone has one.

Debates are based on arguements supported by facts.

Unfortunately, BZ hasn't provided any yet.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! See? Classic TX response. That's what I was looking forward to.

So BZ wins based soley on his "opinions"?

Opinions are like aholes, everyone has one.

Debates are based on arguements supported by facts.

Unfortunately, BZ hasn't provided any yet.

Is it fact or your opinion the jets won't win the AFC next yr? How do you know for sure? Is it fact or your opinion the Pats are on in decline?

Just because you call your opinions facts doesn't make it so.

Is it fact or your opinion the jets won't win the AFC next yr? How do you know for sure? Is it fact or your opinion the Pats are on in decline?

Just because you call your opinions facts doesn't make it so.

HEY -- save it for the ring. BZ has him now.

Tx is on the ropes in there though (imo -- I don't want to sway the vote in any way).

FACT: You have personally said that Eric Mangini is "the brightest football minds".

FACT: The Jets came back from a 4-12 horrible season to now an 8-6 season. A huge improvement.

So... to restate the obvious.

You have called Mangini one of the "the brightest football minds" who took a "mediocre QB" and now has a winning season with him.

You have no facts to back say that the Jets won't be better next year.

None.

BZ with some devstating body shots.

Well after three pages my scorecard has it 2-1 BZ.

I've tried... God KNOWS how i've tried... but I can't see that Tx has made a single point. He's a blind Pats fan with his nose so far up Brady's a$$ he's got an apartment up there. He's one of those people that no matter HOW much fact you provide he'll never see the truth.

TX.... how about responding to this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob

I think most of us are resigned to a bad 2006. We're going to want serious progress in 2007 and a real run at a championship in 2008, though.

PatsFanTx says...

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

And that scenario is very realistic.

If Mangini continues with the purge (which I think he will) he will build the team through youth, speed and strength all the while getting rid of the salary cap albatross.

Regardless of how many wins the Jets get next season, you guys will see a totally different football team on the field every Sunday.

That I am certain of.

So you are "certain" that the Jets are going to make a serious progress in 2007 and a championship run in 2008?

Why are you even debating this? You have already admitted it to be true.

WTF was that? Was that a foreign object? Taking stuff from other threads and using it in the debate thread? That's a one point deduction Max.

FACT: You have personally said that Eric Mangini is "the brightest football minds".

FACT: The Jets came back from a 4-12 horrible season to now an 8-6 season. A huge improvement.

So... to restate the obvious.

You have called Mangini one of the "the brightest football minds" who took a "mediocre QB" and now has a winning season with him.

You have no facts to back say that the Jets won't be better next year.

None.

BZ with some devstating body shots.

Nor do you have any to say they will be better.

Mangini has done a great job. However, how does that translate to 2007?

The offense and defense are still in the bottom of the league. SMoke and mirrors only works so long.

Wow, Jets fans scoring the contest in BZ favor - shocking! I mean, c'mon, it's clear how objective and impartial Jets fans are. :rolleyes:

Right... and the FACT that Tx hasn't come up with one valid point (other than "Chad is not our future") has NOTHING to do with why we all think BZ has this discussion won hands down has NOTHING to do with it?

WTF was that? Was that a foreign object? Taking stuff from other threads and using it in the debate thread? That's a one point deduction Max.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

and now you're looking to have points deducted because you agree Bz is clearly providing a much better argument?!?!?!

Right... and the FACT that Tx hasn't come up with one valid point (other than "Chad is not our future") has NOTHING to do with why we all think BZ has this discussion won hands down has NOTHING to do with it?

What is 6-18? His cack size?

I think we all agree the schedule is going to be tougher.

BZ seems to think that the Jets 4 to at least 8 wins will matriculate into 2007. How?

BZ seems to think they will nail it again on draft picks. How? Your late first round pick could be a hit or it could suck?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

and now you're looking to have points deducted because you agree Bz is clearly providing a much better argument?!?!?!

No, you have it all wrong. I'm looking to have points deducted because he's freakin' cheating.

Archived