Eric takes Herms 4-12 Turd-soup while Herm takes Vermeils #1 Offense

SouthernJet

He should be coach of the year. He got Pennington back this year, and the rookies. NO got Brees, Bush, Colston, a healthy mcallister, and their homefield stadium back off the top of my head. Thats a lot more help than Mangini's gotten. Katrina shouldn't help Payton in the voting this year, because the disadvantage it caused last year isn't there anymore.

He should be coach of the year. He got Pennington back this year, and the rookies. NO got Brees, Bush, Colston, a healthy mcallister, and their homefield stadium back off the top of my head. Thats a lot more help than Mangini's gotten. Katrina shouldn't help Payton in the voting this year, because the disadvantage it caused last year isn't there anymore.

They both deserve it.

But the beauty is that Eric's demeanor/ outlook will always be constant.

He could give two Herms.

and Eric goes to playoffs while Herm dismantles another team.

Mangini did have Chad all season.

Plus, Herm lost his starting LT and another player on the OL to free agency. Played half the season without his starting QB.

Do you rhink the Jets would be 9-6 if Brickshaw was lost for the season and Ramsey was your starting QB all season?

Probably not.

Plus, Herm lost his starting LT and another player on the OL to free agency. Played half the season without his starting QB.

Do you rhink the Jets would be 9-6 if Brickshaw was lost for the season and Ramsey was your starting QB all season?

Probably not.

One never knows what our record would be with Ramsey. Probably worse, but Chad isn't lighting it up this year.

Regarding left tackle, that IS on Herm. They knew Roaf was iffy at the very best & was likely retiring. Herm thought it was more important to draft a DE and a safety with their first two picks. Hali's been good, but moving up 4 spaces (to the slot we traded into) to grab McNeill was a no-brainer for them, as it would only have cost a 6th rounder. Herm thinks certain positions you can just plug anyone in there. You can plug "anyone" in there at safety a hell of a lot more easily than left tackle.

One never knows what our record would be with Ramsey. Probably worse, but Chad isn't lighting it up this year.

Regarding left tackle, that IS on Herm. They knew Roaf was iffy at the very best & was likely retiring. Herm thought it was more important to draft a DE and a safety with their first two picks. Hali's been good, but moving up 4 spaces (to the slot we traded into) to grab McNeill was a no-brainer for them, as it would only have cost a 6th rounder. Herm thinks certain positions you can just plug anyone in there. You can plug "anyone" in there at safety a hell of a lot more easily than left tackle.

It was Herm's fault although from what I heard it was kind of a last minute thing, but you are correct he should have been better prepared.

All I am saying and by no means am I disputing any Herm short comings, but he has done a decent job in KC this year. He lost 2 pieces of his OL. His QB was practically killed in the first game and the team over came an 0-2 start. The D is playing alot better then it has since the 90s. If the D did as good this year as anytime curing Vermeil's tenure, they might have won a Superbowl.

I am just calling out the blind hatred. Herm might not be a master tactician, but he does have some coaching ability.

excellent post SE-we saw again and again what Edwards and his lack of concern with his O-lines leads to.His theory was the OL coach can handle it-Adrian Jones is good enough-trust me.He took one of the best young offensive lines in the league and ruined it and cost a HOFer his career and almost cost Chad Pennington HIS too.

It was Herm's fault although from what I heard it was kind of a last minute thing, but you are correct he should have been better prepared.

All I am saying and by no means am I disputing any Herm short comings, but he has done a decent job in KC this year. He lost 2 pieces of his OL. His QB was practically killed in the first game and the team over came an 0-2 start. The D is playing alot better then it has since the 90s. If the D did as good this year as anytime curing Vermeil's tenure, they might have won a Superbowl.

I am just calling out the blind hatred. Herm might not be a master tactician, but he does have some coaching ability.

Herm's coaches coach in spite of him, Sikh - Herm's ability is limited to press conferences and interviews. It's good he does so many, the KC coaches used that time to overcome Herm and his BS.

So his hard luck is that he only has two offensive linemen in the pro-bowl?

Look who they gave up so few points to:

Denver 9 (like the same thing the friggin' Rams held them to)

SF 0 (no doubt about it - KC played well)

Miami 13

Oakland 13

Denver 10 (after Shanahan made the announcement Plummer's a lame duck QB getting benched win or lose - essentially telling his whole team that they're not trying until 2007).

Their defense also gave up:

20 pts to Arizona in Matt Leinart's first NFL start with no Larry Fitzgerald.

28 pts to the Seahawks with Seneca Wallace & Maurice Morris in for Hasselbeck & Alexander.

17 pts to the Rams only b/c StL coughed up 3 fumbles. They still put up over 450 yds of offense on KC. I wouldn't call that good defense.

28 pts to the Browns, including 14 in the 4th Q to a backup QB throwing to a backup TE...twice.

20 pts to the Chargers when Rivers completed almost as many passes to KC as his own team.

The reality is KC's defense (simply by personnel) never should've been as bad as it was under Vermeil. Don't confuse that with taking a team full of under-achievers and making them a top defense despite all adversity.

Probably not.

get a life.

So Belly sucks cause Brady has never been hurt? Herm knew age was on OL for KC and ignored it in draft for CB,, hahaha. sound familiar. And who knows what Jets would be with injuries to Brick and Chad,, this is Eric after all, the guy NE wanted to take over the ship befor ehe said the

J-E-T-S was a better future. :yahoo:

Herm would never have won last nite.He would have run clock out at end waitin for OT.

All I am saying and by no means am I disputing any Herm short comings, but he has done a decent job in KC this year.

thats just not right. You are fooled like others by snake salesman. You have to be a fan of the team he is coaching and see progression and every play to know. We know, you dont.

He has done a horrendous job this year. KC players are already showing frustration with FG play calling. They are saying the dreaded 'Herm traets us like men by not over practicing us and not alot of team rules'. Well we know where that eventually leads. To lazy ME players who cant consistintly win in NFL. He has AGAIN on several occaions shown his end of game strategy problems.

Yo uare WAY off base on this one. You are not qualified to speak on Herm until you have been Turded by him personally.

thats just not right. You are fooled like others by snake salesman. You have to be a fan of the team he is coaching and see progression and every play to know. We know, you dont.

He has done a horrendous job this year. KC players are already showing frustration with FG play calling. They are saying the dreaded 'Herm traets us like men by not over practicing us and not alot of team rules'. Well we know where that eventually leads. To lazy ME players who cant consistintly win in NFL. He has AGAIN on several occaions shown his end of game strategy problems.

Yo uare WAY off base on this one. You are not qualified to speak on Herm until you have been Turded by him personally.

Turded?

Herm's coaches coach in spite of him, Sikh - Herm's ability is limited to press conferences and interviews. It's good he does so many, the KC coaches used that time to overcome Herm and his BS.

Beans is right on with this. I know a close friend who moved back to KC a year ago and travels in a circle that comes across Gunther Cunningham on the party circuit once in awhile. Gunther tells friends that Herm is a buffoon and the coaches are very frustrated by his obvious lack of XsOs. They say Herm goes around and gives directions to coaches that say do A and B and when it fails he comes back asking 'why didnt you do C and D. Gunther very pissed.

Beans is right on with this. I know a close friend who moved back to KC a year ago and travels in a circle that comes across Gunther Cunningham on the party circuit once in awhile. Gunther tells friends that Herm is a buffoon and the coaches are very frustrated by his obvious lack of XsOs. They say Herm goes around and gives directions to coaches that say do A and B and when it fails he comes back asking 'why didnt you do C and D. Gunther very pissed.

why wasn't Cunningham given the reigns there? Maybe that little dinner-meeting between Carl and Herm before our opener last year had something to do with it?You know all day yesterday the press is all over T.O. for going to the Eagles hotel a day before the game-anybody think Mangini would go out to dinner with Scott Pioli the day before a road game?Does anybody think he'd think he'd have the TIME?Not Mangini-Herm-he'll make time instead of prepare for a crucial opener on the road-so glad he's gone

why wasn't Cunningham given the reigns there? Maybe that little dinner-meeting between Carl and Herm before our opener last year had something to do with it?You know all day yesterday the press is all over T.O. for going to the Eagles hotel a day before the game-anybody think Mangini would go out to dinner with Scott Pioli the day before a road game?Does anybody think he'd think he'd have the TIME?Not Mangini-Herm-he'll make time instead of prepare for a crucial opener on the road-so glad he's gone

yup. Hderm was a snake over this. Gunther tells people that Peterson hired Herm cause Herm is his buddy and isnt a strong FAMOUS RESPECTED COACH, aka, Vermeil. King Carl didnt like the Hall of Fame Vermeil taking the media spotlight. Carl always viewed himself as the focal point of team. So when he forced Vermril out he went for a guy who wouldnt be confused by Vince Lombardi and would do what he told him.

He knew Roaf was not coming back, and signed Kyle Turdley-who's out of the NFL for a few seasons and actually tried out in the Fins minicamp as a TE.Even if you like the Hali pick, taking a safety over OL in the 2nd round is classic Hermie stupidity.

Probably not.

How much did losing Trent Green for 8 games really hurt Herm? Not at all, imo. Take a look at how good Huard did filling in compared to how well Green has done since. 11 TD/1 INT is pretty good, and he went 5-3 as the starter compared to Green's 3-3.

Archived