For those few who gave me a hard time about the Coles drop....

ECURB

OK (Barton / afosomf / The Troll / NJ) If you want to argue at least watch the games from now on and dont bash me and try to make fun of me about it when apparently I was the only one who payed attention during our redzone plays...

3-5-NE10(2:43) C.Pennington pass incomplete short middle to L.Coles.

from: http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/...0070107_NYJ@NE

It wasnt behind and high either, Coles dropped it...IT WAS RIGHT AT HIS CHEST....(no NJ it wasnt behind, and if you watched you would have noticed he couldnt lead him becuase they left an extra DB on the inside so Chad had to thread the needle, and he did...) but I guess everyone finds it politically incorrect to bash him for the drop and just blame it on Chad...

What game were YOU GUYS watching that you MISSED a throw INTO THE ENDZONE????

I mean seriously you sit around and act like you know it all, but you dont even recall the JETS only real shot at the endzone??? You must be kidding... Then you have the nerve to take shots at me like I MISSED SOMETHING... when I guess I was the only one actually watching the game...

He's talking about the one that Chad threw behind and high to Coles in the first half. He must have eaten mushrooms and had the Wizard of Oz on fast forward on the other tv and got confused. It was a dogsh!t throw and if he would had led Coles we'd have tied the game. Every time Chad makes a move this kid has butterflies fly out of his ass. Insitutionalization is forthcoming.

Personal attacks, real classy... then claim it was a bad throw when the game announcers were praising it as a good throw through tight coverage...

I don't remember it either, which is why I failed to respond when eCurb kept asking me about it over and over.

Watch the game next time.

Ditto barton, i cannot recall it either

You keep talking about this pass coles dropped in the endzone.....I dont remember that happening at all....what quarter did this supposedly happen?

Nothing personal guys, but before you come out swinging trying to attack me for defending Chad, watch the game and get your facts straight... I really cant beleive you somehow missed a JETS throw into the endzone... its really sad.

Sorry ecurb..you're great!!but that comment from NJ about butterflies comin out of your butt when you talk about Pennington :rl: :rl:

It puzzles me how people cna be so loud with dipleasure about a JETS player and all not see a pass to the endzone.... how do you miss that???

I dont mind fighting it out with people, but not when they use stupid personal attacks and question whether HUGE events actually happened in the game... HOW DO YOU MISS A THROW INTO THE ENDZONE.... but of course they all saw the hug... wtf

We need a qb that can stretch the field..Chad is good..but he can't do that...JMO

That has 0% to do with this thread, this thread is about a few people who obviously didnt watch the whole game and then proceeded to attempt ripping my apart about a play that they missed...

That has 0% to do with this thread, this thread is about a few people who obviously didnt watch the whole game and then proceeded to attempt ripping my apart about a play that they missed...

OK...I'm sorry ecurb..I'll get out of your thread. :lol:

It puzzles me how people cna be so loud with dipleasure about a JETS player and all not see a pass to the endzone.... how do you miss that???

I dont mind fighting it out with people, but not when they use stupid personal attacks and question whether HUGE events actually happened in the game... HOW DO YOU MISS A THROW INTO THE ENDZONE.... but of course they all saw the hug... wtf

EC - you're right about the personal attack. I was wrong in making the comment and I vow not to do it to you again.

The pass on 3rd and 5 to Coles, as I remember it, was into strong coverage. Although Lav C didn't have to reach back for it and it wasn't way over his head, I remember thinking if Chad had only led him with it and kept it lower we would have had a sure 6. I posted that exact comment in the game thread. You want to refer to it as a drop. I didn't tape the game so I cant go back and re-look it, but no stretch of imagination I could ever have would label that a drop. Heres what the live blog on Sportsline had to say about it.

1st - 2:39The Jets can't do much with the ball after the fumble and have to settle for a 28-yard Mike Nugent field goal. Pennington looked for Coles in the end zone on 3rd down, but the Jets receiver was well-covered, and the throw would have had to be perfect. PATS 7 JETS 3

I don't hate Chad Pennington - quite the contrary. I don't want him throwing the football for the Jets but that's MY opinion and My thoughts. NOBODY is ever going to pay me to make decisions for the Jets. I don't attempt to force those thoughts on others. I'll post as to why on infrequent occasion and let it be.

You have close to 600 posts in the last week. (Ad nauseam is a Latin term used to describe something that has been continuing "to the point of nausea." For example "This topic has been discussed ad nauseam": it has been discussed extensively and everyone is tired of it.)

I'm not going to waste the time to check, but some very high % of those posts are singing the praise's of #10 and how in everything he does he's the guy to help us bring home the Lombardi Trophy. Thats YOUR opinion. You've stated people that don't see it that way are wrong and it's as though if you keep on repeating the same views in a different way you're going to win your case.

We're both Jet fans and obviously want the best thing for the team. My getting tired of having to wade through your opinion is my problem, not yours.

OK (Barton / afosomf / The Troll / NJ) If you want to argue at least watch the games from now on and dont bash me and try to make fun of me about it when apparently I was the only one who payed attention during our redzone plays...

3-5-NE10(2:43) C.Pennington pass incomplete short middle to L.Coles.

from: http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/...0070107_NYJ@NE

It wasnt behind and high either, Coles dropped it...IT WAS RIGHT AT HIS CHEST....(no NJ it wasnt behind, and if you watched you would have noticed he couldnt lead him becuase they left an extra DB on the inside so Chad had to thread the needle, and he did...) but I guess everyone finds it politically incorrect to bash him for the drop and just blame it on Chad...

What game were YOU GUYS watching that you MISSED a throw INTO THE ENDZONE????

I mean seriously you sit around and act like you know it all, but you dont even recall the JETS only real shot at the endzone??? You must be kidding... Then you have the nerve to take shots at me like I MISSED SOMETHING... when I guess I was the only one actually watching the game...

Personal attacks, real classy... then claim it was a bad throw when the game announcers were praising it as a good throw through tight coverage...

Nothing personal guys, but before you come out swinging trying to attack me for defending Chad, watch the game and get your facts straight... I really cant beleive you somehow missed a JETS throw into the endzone... its really sad.

Listen buddy- all is said was ditto, did not recall drop

now lighten up francis you are looking like a fool on this

Eric will play the right qb next year... enuff with bickering

Herm is not our coach anymore

If you're talking about the pass to Coles where the DB was right there with him, that pass was high and behind him. I'm a huge Chad fan, and I want Chad to remain the starter if he remains healthy, but even I can admit that pass wasn't right in Coles' chest.

We need a qb that can stretch the field..Chad is good..but he can't do that...JMO

We need a running game. We need a 2nd CB. We need help on the DLine and at Linebacker. We need OLine help. We need someone to play alongside Kerry Rhodes.

I can think of a few other things as well.

You fix all those and then give me a ring. At that time we can talk about upgrades to the QB position.

:)

We need a running game. We need a 2nd CB. We need help on the DLine and at Linebacker. We need OLine help. We need someone to play alongside Kerry Rhodes.

You fix all those and then give me a ring. At that time we can talk about upgrades to the QB position.

Great post Max.

Greenbeans basically said the same thing Sunday at bar. Chad wil lbe fine with the fixes you mentioned. That being said the Jets have to loo kto the future and ensure future stability at QB.

I know we need a running game, and a pass rusher among other things..but..the running game is a mute point if your behind by more than 2 scores and have to mount a come back throwing the ball..

Chad is horrible in obvious passing situations..he works well only off of play action..like he did with Baker over the middle..the red zone performance was a perfect example yesterday..and he can't stretch the field..the Patriot Dbacks were jumping routs when we were behind in obvious passing situations because they do not fear his intermediate passing(which would stretch the field)

I know we need a running game, and a pass rusher among other things..but..the running game is a mute point if your behind by more than 2 scores and have to mount a come back throwing the ball..

Chad is horrible in obvious passing situations..he works well only off of play action..like he did with Baker over the middle..the red zone performance was a perfect example yesterday..and he can't stretch the field..the Patriot Dbacks were jumping routs when we were behind in obvious passing situations because they do not fear his intermediate passing(which would stretch the field)

The Pats allowed 11 passing td's this season, including the playoff game. To expect us to have been able to score several td's on this team, with no running game, is foolish.

The Pats allowed 11 passing td's this season, including the playoff game. To expect us to have been able to score several td's on this team, with no running game, is foolish.

I was talking more about the big picture,than yesterday..he can't stretch the field consistently..which causes the receivers to run short routes..which in turn has DB's jumping said routes..he can't bring the Jets back from a deficit of over 14 points in obvious passing situations all season.

I was talking more about the big picture,than yesterday..he can't stretch the field consistently..which causes the receivers to run short routes..which in turn has DB's jumping said routes..he can't bring the Jets back from a deficit of over 14 points in obvious passing situations all season.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I think the lack of a run game contributes plenty to dbs jumping routes. You can score by passing the ball up and down the field short with 6 minutes to go, but it goes out the window if you can't use play action at all. I don't think you need Daryll Lamonica just because you are down 2 scores.

If KS is right, Penny had 4 tds against the Pats, the rest of the league had 7 in 13 games. True 3 of them were great efforts by our wrs after the catch, but still impressive.

anyone tape the game?What's the verdict?

I sure don't remember Coles dropping a TD.

What bothers me about Chad was the Richard Todd-like INT in crunch time.The trade-off for the weak arm was supposed to be that not happening.That INT,in my mind,opened up the QB competition again.

Maybe a second offseason will be just what the doctor ordered,but If Clemmens is throwing the ball around the practice field like Tom Brady and Chad floating his ballons around well,then...........

p.s.

I love the praises they were giving our WR's for going up and getting the ball,yeah,no s--t,they have to!lol

ok,stop,i'm not bashing,just nudging a bit.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I think the lack of a run game contributes plenty to dbs jumping routes. You can score by passing the ball up and down the field short with 6 minutes to go, but it goes out the window if you can't use play action at all. I don't think you need Daryll Lamonica just because you are down 2 scores.

If KS is right, Penny had 4 tds against the Pats, the rest of the league had 7 in 13 games. True 3 of them were great efforts by our wrs after the catch, but still impressive.

I would consider 2 of those TD's spectacular ''runs''..and the 3rd(yesterday)was great..It's just my opinion..I'm not saying deep balls(Lamonica)..I mean 15-25 yd intermediate throws over the middle or to the sideline..those plays stretch the field..I don't consider that floater TD he threw up for Cotcherry in New England in November an intermediate pass..that was a hope and a prayer..

I would consider 2 of those TD's spectacular ''runs''..and the 3rd(yesterday)was great..It's just my opinion..I'm not saying deep balls(Lamonica)..I mean 15-25 yd intermediate throws over the middle or to the sideline..those plays stretch the field..I don't consider that floater TD he threw up for Cotcherry in New England in November an intermediate pass..that was a hope and a prayer..

You can't count some plays and not others though. Also, he had a pretty nice 20+ pass to Baker down the middle. Another 20+ to McC. He can throw the ball, but the offense was not designed like that. With no running game, they need to use the short passes to move the ball and keep eating up time. It's simulating a running game in a way since we don't have one.

If a tree falls in the forrest, and only ecurb hears it, did it fall???

Yes :)

Samuel also made a great play on the dropped pass, I guess you could say it was deflected becuase samuel had his hands in there...

Whatever, the play happened, a few of you failed to see it happen, and then gave me a hard time and troll still feels the need to.

afosomf - I know you just said ditto, I said next time watch... nothing personal

NJ - thanks for the reply, well put... no hard feelings here... even if people think I am crazy the fact is I too want the JETS to win and I think Chad is the guy to do it.

Whatever, the play happened, a few of you failed to see it happen, and then gave me a hard time and troll still feels the need to.

I saw the play. Everyone that questioned you saw the play.

We just did not know which play you were talking about, because you seem to be the only person on this board that believes Coles dropped that pass.

You can't count some plays and not others though. Also, he had a pretty nice 20+ pass to Baker down the middle. Another 20+ to McC. He can throw the ball, but the offense was not designed like that. With no running game, they need to use the short passes to move the ball and keep eating up time. It's simulating a running game in a way since we don't have one.

The Baker play was nice..but how many times have you seen that play run this year??they were few and far between...you're right though..we desperately need a running game..

I saw the play. Everyone that questioned you saw the play.

We just did not know which play you were talking about, because you seem to be the only person on this board that believes Coles dropped that pass.

becuase nobody here will call Coles out on something, only Chad.

I watched it, and that is a catch Coles makes 9 out of 10 times... it hit his hands and he didnt hold on. The golden rule for a receiver "if it touches your hadns, you better catch it" Samuel had great coverage but that doesnt Change the fact Chad threw the ball in the best spot possible for coles to catch it... what now instead of admitting coles couldnt get a handle on the ball your questioning Chads accuracy inside 10 yards??? c'mon man

I watched it, and that is a catch Coles makes 9 out of 10 times... it hit his hands and he didnt hold on. The golden rule for a receiver "if it touches your hadns, you better catch it" Samuel had great coverage but that doesnt Change the fact Chad threw the ball in the best spot possible for coles to catch it... what now instead of admitting coles couldnt get a handle on the ball your questioning Chads accuracy inside 10 yards??? c'mon man

haengematte2.gif

Then why are you the ONLY person that sees it this way?

C'mon man.

Then why are you the ONLY person that sees it this way?

C'mon man.

Coles had the ball in his hands bringing it into his chest and samuel got his arm in there and Coles couldnt hang on, so if anything its nither Chad or Coles fault I guess but rather good defense, the fact remains Chad made the throw against a TOUGH redzone defense to get us the score, it really couldnt have been thrown any better.

Coles had the ball in his hands bringing it into his chest and samuel got his arm in there and Coles couldnt hang on, so if anything its nither Chad or Coles fault I guess but rather good defense, the fact remains Chad made the throw against a TOUGH redzone defense to get us the score, it really couldnt have been thrown any better.

It couldn't have been thrown any better? Holy ****, are you serious?

If he'd led Coles, it would have been a TD. It was by no means a perfect pass. It was a pass that Laveranues would have had to make one hell of a play on.

It's just so funny that you are completely willing to throw Coles under the bus for a questionable at best "drop", yet you refuse to admit that Chad made a single mistake yesterday.

Congrats, man. You are officially the new Fred Jetstone.

It couldn't have been thrown any better? Holy ****, are you serious?

If he'd led Coles, it would have been a TD. It was by no means a perfect pass. It was a pass that Laveranues would have had to make one hell of a play on.

It's just so funny that you are completely willing to throw Coles under the bus for a questionable at best "drop", yet you refuse to admit that Chad made a single mistake yesterday.

Congrats, man. You are officially the new Fred Jetstone.

Chad didnt fall on the live ball, thats the only mistake I can think of except during garbage time...

The throw couldnt have been any better as I and both announcers for the game have explained they left an extra DB in the middle of the field to cut off the inside, therfore Chad had to throw to the right of that DB and to the left of the one covering Coles, it was a perfect pass???

Why are you so set on ripping him on this throw when if you would have watched it you would know it was a good throw.

Chad didnt fall on the live ball, thats the only mistake I can think of except during garbage time...

The throw couldnt have been any better as I and both announcers for the game have explained they left an extra DB in the middle of the field to cut off the inside, therfore Chad had to throw to the right of that DB and to the left of the one covering Coles, it was a perfect pass???

Why are you so set on ripping him on this throw when if you would have watched it you would know it was a good throw.

Nobody is ripping chad...there was NO chance of Coles catching that ball...are you kidding me Coles and cotch have saved Chads ass all year with trapeze catches...surely you've seen those catches....

Nobody is ripping chad...there was NO chance of Coles catching that ball...are you kidding me Coles and cotch have saved Chads ass all year with trapeze catches...surely you've seen those catches....

Yeah they were a lot of fun to watch...

How did he have "no chance" to catch it??? THE BALL WAS IN HIS HANDS!!!

Now your saying that our best receiver has no chance to catch a ball that hits his hands.... seriously dont bash Coles too

I think I remember Coles having a blatant drop. It wasn't in the endzone though, it was a short pass right after he got gonged.

Archived