Patrick Ramsey

ECURB

Do we really cut him? He knows the system and was good enough to stay in front of Kellen this year... sure he cant be a starter but he is good enough to be a #2 or #3... how much is he beging paid vs a normal #2 or #3 guy?

If we bring in another VET how much better could they possibly be? And They would have to learn the whole system...

What #3 Qb doesnt suck, thats what he would be. IS that a problem?? We would have a #3 QB #2 QB and #1 Qb all who know the system before camp even starts... why bring in someone new??

It would be

Chad or Clemens #1 and #2 in either order

Ramsey #3

What #3 Qb doesnt suck, thats what he would be. IS that a problem?? We would have a #3 QB #2 QB and #1 Qb all who know the system before camp even starts... why bring in someone new??

It would be

Chad or Clemens #1 and #2 in either order

Ramsey #3

So we traded a draft pick for a crappy QB who's only going to hold a clipboard. That's something the Dolphins would do. Mangini is better than that.

So we traded a draft pick for a crappy QB who's only going to hold a clipboard. That's something the Dolphins would do. Mangini is better than that.

So if we release him, we sign ANOTHER clipboard holder, and let the guy we spent our draft pick on sit on a couch...

Is it possible to draft a QB in a late round and hope to find a Tom Brady, but what do we do if Chad and Clemens go donw? (we as Jets fans know anything is possible)

So if we release him, we sign ANOTHER clipboard holder, and let the guy we spent our draft pick on sit on a couch...

Is it possible to draft a QB in a late round and hope to find a Tom Brady, but what do we do if Chad and Clemens go donw? (we as Jets fans know anything is possible)

He wouldn't be making as much $$$ as Ramsey though. Ramsey makes too much to be the scout team QB.

When the Jets first traded for Ramsey I thought it was an ok trade since all they gave up was a 6th rounder for him and at times he looked decent at Washington. I could tolerate Ramsey as a back-up or #3 but no way is he a starter especially with our lack of playmakers in the backfield.

Staying in front of Kellen in the depth chart ain't that much of an accomplishment. Brooks Bollinger probably could have done the same.

Ramsey isn't going anywhere. I truly believe that.

Look, it comes down to two things:

--Does Ramsey think he can get a better job/opportunity elsewhere? At this point, thats gotta be doubtful, even to him. Mangini has said the QB job will again be "open for competition", and while likely mostly just fluff talk, it's likely the best opportunity Ramsey is going to get, and he'll be paid relavtively well for a backup. Ramsey won;t want to leave.

--For the Jets the question is all about cost vs. reward. In Ramsey they have a guy who now has 1 year in the system, is a veteran who has won games in the NFL vs. good teams, is tough, durable and a team-first guy similar in team-mindset to Chad. He is relatively cheap, although cheaper could be found. The question fo rthe Jets is do they want to spend more than they already have, just to bring in a guy who is likely fated to be a #3 down the road? Remember, we already spent a 6th to get Ramsey, aquiring another QB would likely require use of another pick, or some amount of our free agent cap space. Not gonna happen when the guy on the roster is already acceptable to the staff. If he wasn't, he (not Bollinger) would have been traded away or released.

Nope, I fully see Mangini and Co. keeping Ramsey to compete with Clemens for the #2/#3 role in 2007. The Jets have learned their lesson on not having enough QB Insurance.

Ramsey, I believe will be gone. It's not because Mangini hates him. It's not because of this system or that, or Clemens beating him out or not beating him out.

Mangini wants someone to compete with Chad for the starting job. Clemens, in his 2nd season, gets that shot. Who else gets a shot? Ramsey? That's not an open competition. Ramsey will not win the starting job so what's the point.

If our starter was already Clemens with Chad #2 (which it clearly is NOT), then there's no harm in keeping Ramsey aboard. Since this isn't the case, I think he's gone.

Mangini wants someone to compete with Chad for the starting job. Clemens, in his 2nd season, gets that shot. Who else gets a shot? Ramsey?

Ramsey's worth was evidenced by the amount of snaps he took in the 42% of the games that Chad was bobbing for apples.

Bollinger is very likely (according to what I've heard) going to get the opportunity to compete with Tavares Jackson for the #1 Job in Minny.

If he wins, then we'll really know if dumping him was a good idea or not.

Are you really questioning whether getting rid of Brooks was a good move? You seem like a smart guy, with some wonderful post, but I don't know about this one.

Archived