Why you never know - Colts defense has had a transformation

faba

The old saying just make the playoffs and go for it once you are in. Who could have predicted the Colts defense looking so good- they outplayed the Raven defense yeaterday- who would have thought that was going to happen.

Or they could have just run into two crappy offenses with boneheaded coaches. Herm didn't exactly adjust last week and McNair proved that he might not have fared any better than Ramsey if we'd signed him.

Agreed. Let's see them stop L.T. next week (there I said it) and then I will believe they have changed. Until then it is just Herm being Herm and the Ravens are not exactly an offensive powerhouse.

Oh and if the Ravens held on to a few of Peyton's passes -- we would be saying same old Peyton today. That 39 passer rating was SWEET.

;)

My point is though the Colts defense has been pitiful all year against the run and I repeat they outplayed the Ravens defense.

Yes, but the Raven D was playing the Colts O and the Colt D was playing the Raven O. It's not hard to look better playing inferior competition. Just look at the Big Ten. ;) Probably wasn't too big of a deal to stop Johnson since Herm had no back up game plan and told them what plays were coming. As for Baltimore I'm surprised that Lewis didn't get more carries. Sanders does seem to give the Colt D a lot more edge.

Agreed. Let's see them stop L.T. next week (there I said it) and then I will believe they have changed. Until then it is just Herm being Herm and the Ravens are not exactly an offensive powerhouse.

Oh and if the Ravens held on to a few of Peyton's passes -- we would be saying same old Peyton today. That 39 passer rating was SWEET.

;)

Well max you know, that 39 passer rating proves he's a horrible quarterback. Oh wait, they won they game? Well then he did a wonderful job! Unless he's Chad Pennington...then he still sucked. But if, lets just say...the quarterback likes men...then he's the reason they won!

who are we talking about again? :P

It's amazing how one player changed the entire way they play defense. Bob Sanders is the key to that defense, but he has to play like a combination of Grady Jackson and Ronnie Lott for them to be good. The colts better hope his knee holds up.

Well max you know, that 39 passer rating proves he's a horrible quarterback. Oh wait, they won they game? Well then he did a wonderful job! Unless he's Chad Pennington...then he still sucked. But if, lets just say...the quarterback likes men...then he's the reason they won!

who are we talking about again? :P

LOL!

potw nom

You want to know why? Because of one man and this is my view and has been all season:

BOB SANDERS

When Bob Sanders plays, the Indianapolis run defense, but especially the defense as a whole, gets a HUGE boost. Larry Johnson and Jamal Lewis have both been shut down by the Indy D and Bob Sanders has played every snap of both games. He only played in 4 regular season games this season, none of the big days that teams had on Indy. Bob Sanders is one of the best safeties in the league and has been for a long time. His playing on the Indy D is the only reason why he has been under looked by most.

I pray for an Indy/Pats rematch. Oh I do, I do, I do!!! Peyton is playing like poop - by his standards. This Sanders dude is good - but please, if the Ravens were any good on offense, this thread would never have happened. McNair showed his age yesterday. Peyton is feeling like he has a world class D. Bring it on, Horse Face! I hate that d*nk.

My gut tells me the Pats lose by 7 to 10 points. I pray I am wrong.

GO PATS!

I pray for an Indy/Pats rematch. Oh I do, I do, I do!!! Peyton is playing like poop - by his standards. This Sanders dude is good - but please, if the Ravens were any good on offense, this thread would never have happened. McNair showed his age yesterday. Peyton is feeling like he has a world class D. Bring it on, Horse Face! I hate that d*nk.

My gut tells me the Pats lose by 7 to 10 points. I pray I am wrong.

GO PATS!

GOOD luck today garbiegirl;)

You want to know why? Because of one man and this is my view and has been all season:

BOB SANDERS

When Bob Sanders plays, the Indianapolis run defense, but especially the defense as a whole, gets a HUGE boost. Larry Johnson and Jamal Lewis have both been shut down by the Indy D and Bob Sanders has played every snap of both games. He only played in 4 regular season games this season, none of the big days that teams had on Indy. Bob Sanders is one of the best safeties in the league and has been for a long time. His playing on the Indy D is the only reason why he has been under looked by most.

Sanders is a boost, but Lewis averaged 4 per. Why did he only get 13 carries? Ravens could have used a little more Herm in the play calling.

Archived