I'm bored

Preston Howley III

Anybody feel like bashing the sh*t outta Herm for the next 3 months?

I'm in!!!

What the F*** was that fool thinking running Larry Johnson 416 times? Does anyone honestly expect him to make it through next season,let alone through the next 2 until Herm gets his incomptent a** fired?

And people thought we got hosed when he bolted for KC. We got rid of Herm,and got an extra draft pick. The fact that Leon Washington actually contributed to the team is just icing on that cake! Herm for a 4th rounder,and we got ripped off? :rl:

edwards_herman061121b.jpg = :pooh: :pooh: :pooh:

Jets at Buffalo (11/7/2004) [Recap]

The Jets won the coin toss prior to the game. Herman Edwards then made the puzzling decision to defend the west goal rather than receive the kickoff, and Buffalo elected to receive. The wind was from the southwest at about 25 miles per hour.

If the coin toss were for the start of overtime, then as we discussed in a previous article , there would be a threshold for the wind above which it would be correct to take the wind rather than receive the kickoff. It's not clear if the wind exceeded that threshold in this game; the ease with which Doug Brien made a 41-yard field goal into the wind in the 2nd quarter gives us doubts. But the point is, the start of the game is not overtime. Because the teams change ends after the 1st and 3rd quarters, each team gets the wind for half the game regardless of who kicks off for either half. Buffalo, naturally, elected to receive to start the second half. Therefore, the effect of the Jets' decision not to receive the opening kickoff was simply to reduce their expected number of possessions in the game. According to the Model , coach Herman Edwards' decision lowered his team's probability of winning the game from 0.5 to 0.464.

With 12:40 left in the 1st quarter, and no score, Buffalo faced 4th and six inches at their own 41 yard line. The Bills elected to punt.

Normally we assume that a punt (other than a pooch kick) is expected to net 40 yards. But because of the stiff headwind, we will assume that the punt is expected to net 30 yards, in which case Buffalo's probability of winning if they punt is 0.499. If instead they go for the first down, their probability of winning is 0.552 if they make it and 0.465 if they fail. With six inches to go, the probability of making it should be about 0.75. Therefore, Buffalo's probability of winning if they go for the first down is 0.75 × 0.552 + (1 − 0.75) × 0.465 = 0.53. So Buffalo should have gone for it, and in fact going for it is preferred as long as the probability of picking up the first down exceeds 0.39.

Wait till the Pat's get their azz's handed to them this weekend. Then we can do a week to 10 on how Chad is better than Brady - 3 good weeks of Herm bashing - a few days on various runningback opportunities - and we're right into prime mock draft time.

Wait till the Pat's get their azz's handed to them this weekend. Then we can do a week to 10 on how Chad is better than Brady - 3 good weeks of Herm bashing - a few days on various runningback opportunities - and we're right into prime mock draft time.

That's a solid itinerary but we MUST squeeze more Herm bashing into the schedule. :lol:

That's a solid itinerary but we MUST squeeze more Herm bashing into the schedule. :lol:

Well what mega issue do you want to steal time from? I already trimmed about half a week out of Give Up A 1st For Michael Turner.

Well what mega issue do you want to steal time from? I already trimmed about half a week out of Give Up A 1st For Michael Turner.

The lost half a week was negated by the mods consolidating the Give up a 1st for Michael Turner threads. In fact, the time efficiency has been improved dramatically.

Not only can we squeeze in more Herm bashing, we can also start up at least one more thread about getting banned from JI.

\:D/

The lost half a week was negated by the mods consolidating the Give up a 1st for Michael Turner threads. In fact, the time efficiency has been improved dramatically.

Not only can we squeeze in more Herm bashing, we can also start up at least one more thread about getting banned from JI.

Almost forgot, if Max and GOB get on the stick (so to speak) maybe there can be a mid Feb release of The Girls Of JN.

:cheers:

It's times like this I miss Tom Shane. He could bash Herm like nobodies business.

:lol:

If there is a person that hated Herm more -- I have not met you.

And yes, Tom was 100% right about Herm. Wasn't even close. Herm irked him beyond belief.

The thing I admired the most about Tom's Herm bashing, was it's depraved level of sadistic cruelty.

When the Jets drafted Nugent as early as they did I think Tom was happy. He knew it wouldn't be long for Herm and Terry to be shown the door.

img4.gif

I just sent JetMo a few threads. Oldies but goodies. Oh man.

My favorite? Hey I am Thor! I am new here. What a fag that guy turned out to be.

That one is a classic..with most of the Jetnation celebrities participating.:lol:

Archived