If you have these players to choose from who do you take??

CoachTsurfing

I was reading about him. His write said he was a tweener between a de and dt and the jets have those so I was going for players that were more de or olb. I've never seen carikker play so I was just going on what I read.

He's the best 3-4 DE in the draft and has been playing very well in the senior bowl practices. Also we need a DE desperately, Kimo was horrendous this year.

If Marshawn Lynch was there and like you said we don't sign or trade for a big name FA before the draft, I take him in a heartbeat.

However, Lynch will most likely be gone and I see us signing or trading for a proven NFL back anyways so I go with Hughes from Cal (who I also think has no chance of getting out of the Top 15) or of course my favorite, DE Adam Carriker (6'6 295 - perfect Kimo von Suckoften replacement at RE) out of Nebraska.

I was reading about him. His write said he was a tweener between a de and dt and the jets have those so I was going for players that were more de or olb. I've never seen carikker play so I was just going on what I read.

As Iceman said, tweener between de and dt sounds pretty much like the definition of 3-4 de. I haven't seen him play much either, but I'm looking forward to seeing him in the senior bowl.

the jets draft board is not going to look like everyone else's. they are looking for smart, flexible, hard-working. i don't know a thing about the players listed but you can bet the jets will draft people with those attributes.

Don't the Jets use the exact same strategy as the Pats? I hope that we get some players, not just smart guys.

interesting, I thought the hybrid would be more of the de/old type. I will be glued to the set for the senior bowl game. I did see some players holding out of the game though.

That's a different hybrid. Sort of like the difference between a guard-forward hybrid and a PF-center hybrid in basketball. Thomas is an OLB/DE hybrid. One of the joys of this 3-4 is supposed to be that it uses players that don't fit in other systems. As long as there are less teams running it, there is less competition for the players that fit. Trouble is the lynch pin NT is apparently awful tough to come by.

Archived