Going to Mardi Gras this weekend

Mavrik

I went to Mardi Gras in '92, so I speak from experience: give yourself at least 10-14 days recovery time after it's over and maybe have a liver donor lined up just in case.......

:cheers:

After going to FSU i think im going to need a liver donor anyway. lol.

I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun. Going with two sorority girls, so that should be interesting.

don't stray from the crowds. seriously.
Definitely be careful when you stray outside the FQ. The most reliable cab company is United. Take down their # as soon as you hit town. If you're all about drinking then you won't need to leave the FQ, except for the parades. If you'd like to pursue good food and music be sure to visit Uptown(St. Charles Trolley) and Marigny. Two quick suggestions: to watch your favorite hockey or hoops team, go to Cooter Brown's(Uptown); for the leanest burgers in the world, Port of Call(Marigny). I can offer more music/food help if needed. I'm heading down there in April. Les Bon Temps Roule.

The best hurricanes are made at Patty O'Briens..if I remember right..I haven't been to NOLA since 1998..

I do remember bourbon street being mobbed on the weekends when it's not Mardi Gras..I couldn't possibly imagine how packed it is during Mardi Gras...your biggest concern will be bathroom facilities..there will be long lines in every bar..and I think the hotels charge you to use their facilities if you're not staying at that hotel..

And watch out for riff raff and pick pocketers..have fun!

Anyone ever attended a Mardi Gras? What can I expect?

I hope you like knockers, because you will be seeing plenty of them. I was there the week after Mardi Gras a few years ago and the party was still going. Keep your $ in your front pocket and don't get so $****faced that you don't what you are doing other wise you may wake up broke, with a sore ass.

I hope you like knockers, because you will be seeing plenty of them. I was there the week after Mardi Gras a few years ago and the party was still going. Keep your $ in your front pocket and don't get so $****faced that you don't what you are doing other wise you may wake up broke, with a sore ass.

So I take it I would be doing everyone at JN a service by bringing my camera, right? :lol:

So I take it I would be doing everyone at JN a service by bringing my camera, right? :lol:

Absolutely, but there is some archaic rule about no nudity here, so make sure that you send the pictures by PM! ;) (Do us all a favor and either crop or pixel any naked pictures of you in the group shots)

so you gonna remain home in the safety of detroit?????????????????????????????????

You kidding me GOB

Day-trois vx Orleans

Orleans is the best party town there is!! Just stay in French Quarter and there will be no problems

i would suggest he stay out of the 9th ward area, it may remind him of Day-trois

Archived