What happened at jetsinsider?

GM

It's not worth explaining everytime one of you JI Mods / Writers come over here and sign up and ask the question and then never post again.
As far as I know there are exactly TWO JI mods on this thread. Each of us has plenty of posts here. Not sure where you're going with this. As far as I'm concerned I'm not really involved and it's not my business to intervene.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you know, it was kind of weird this year w/ the marty lyons charity thing, they only got like half as much $$ as last year, and everyone was like "come on, why are we falling short? it's embarassing!". i don't believe that i'm the only one that realized that many of the people here are the ones who were 'hardcore' users (like half of the top 10 posters over there, still, even after not posting for months) that donated more regularly to things like that, but not a single person mentioned it. i know i didn't. it's just not worth all the bs you'd encounter by mentioning it. kind of a bad vibe to project if you ask me, though i'll admit there's still plenty to like over there.

you know, it was kind of weird this year w/ the marty lyons charity thing, they only got like half as much $$ as last year, and everyone was like "come on, why are we falling short? it's embarassing!". i don't believe that i'm the only one that realized that many of the people here are the ones who were 'hardcore' users (like half of the top 10 posters over there, still, even after not posting for months) that donated more regularly to things like that, but not a single person mentioned it. i know i didn't. it's just not worth all the bs you'd encounter by mentioning it. kind of a bad vibe to project if you ask me, though i'll admit there's still plenty to like over there.

you know, it was kind of weird this year w/ the marty lyons charity thing, they only got like half as much $$ as last year, and everyone was like "come on, why are we falling short? it's embarassing!". i don't believe that i'm the only one that realized that many of the people here are the ones who were 'hardcore' users (like half of the top 10 posters over there, still, even after not posting for months) that donated more regularly to things like that, but not a single person mentioned it. i know i didn't. it's just not worth all the bs you'd encounter by mentioning it. kind of a bad vibe to project if you ask me, though i'll admit there's still plenty to like over there.[/

That is it, you are BANNED. :mrgreen:

It is a good board over there. I wish I was still posting there myself. This whole "TomShane is brilliant" thing is starting to make me sick!

you know, it was kind of weird this year w/ the marty lyons charity thing, they only got like half as much $$ as last year, and everyone was like "come on, why are we falling short? it's embarassing!". i don't believe that i'm the only one that realized that many of the people here are the ones who were 'hardcore' users (like half of the top 10 posters over there, still, even after not posting for months) that donated more regularly to things like that, but not a single person mentioned it. i know i didn't. it's just not worth all the bs you'd encounter by mentioning it. kind of a bad vibe to project if you ask me, though i'll admit there's still plenty to like over there.[/

That is it, you are BANNED. :mrgreen:

It is a good board over there. I wish I was still posting there myself. This whole "TomShane is brilliant" thing is starting to make me sick!

Personally, I feel like I'd buy any one of the people from JI a beer at any time. Seriously. I was tight with them before the split, and I would never say a bad word about them after the split. It's all about the Jets, man. The extraneous crap can go away. In fact, I'm sorry I even responded earlier in this thread the way I did. Sean doesn't post here and he's not around to defend himself so what I did was chickensh*t and I apologize. I allowed myself to get baited by the master baiter himself, DK.

As for "ripping" JI, I'm sure T-Mac and gameface can tell you, I ripped JI more when I was a member there than I ever do now. :lol: I don't agree with the way it's currently being run and I think it's unfortunate that older, once highly respected posters were run off and will continue to be run off in the name of getting some relatively worthless press passes. If anyone wants to know what the Jets demand from the "only fansite to be credentialed by an NFL team," I encourage anyone to contact the Jets media relations department and ask them what they "expect." In fact, let me save you the time. They demand being able to audit your content. On a fan site. I was like :shock: .

There is no high moral ground to be taken in this thing, and quite frankly, I don't ever view our existence as being in competiton with JI. Ever. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Sean's success at JI has zero effect on our "success" here. If Sean gets 1000 new posters tomorrow, we don't lose a penny, so what's the fuss? Max and I don't get paid from this. We don't solicit money. We do this as a hobby to dick around. So, IMO, this competition angle rings hollow for me. Please, check out JI. There's a lot of good posters there. Learn something. Have some fun. Then check out TheGangGreen.com, and then nyjetschat.com, and then Mike's greenhouse, and then nyjetsfan.com. Obviously, you know where WE are, and if you dig this place enough to keep checking in, welcome to the JN family, baby. It's alllll about having some fun and talking football, ferchristsakes.

Jesus. Three paragraphs to say "Eh. It's all good" :lol::lol::lol:

Personally, I feel like I'd buy any one of the people from JI a beer at any time. Seriously. I was tight with them before the split, and I would never say a bad word about them after the split. It's all about the Jets, man. The extraneous crap can go away. In fact, I'm sorry I even responded earlier in this thread the way I did. Sean doesn't post here and he's not around to defend himself so what I did was chickensh*t and I apologize. I allowed myself to get baited by the master baiter himself, DK.

As for "ripping" JI, I'm sure T-Mac and gameface can tell you, I ripped JI more when I was a member there than I ever do now. :lol: I don't agree with the way it's currently being run and I think it's unfortunate that older, once highly respected posters were run off and will continue to be run off in the name of getting some relatively worthless press passes. If anyone wants to know what the Jets demand from the "only fansite to be credentialed by an NFL team," I encourage anyone to contact the Jets media relations department and ask them what they "expect." In fact, let me save you the time. They demand being able to audit your content. On a fan site. I was like :shock: .

There is no high moral ground to be taken in this thing, and quite frankly, I don't ever view our existence as being in competiton with JI. Ever. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Sean's success at JI has zero effect on our "success" here. If Sean gets 1000 new posters tomorrow, we don't lose a penny, so what's the fuss? Max and I don't get paid from this. We don't solicit money. We do this as a hobby to dick around. So, IMO, this competition angle rings hollow for me. Please, check out JI. There's a lot of good posters there. Learn something. Have some fun. Then check out TheGangGreen.com, and then nyjetschat.com, and then Mike's greenhouse, and then nyjetsfan.com. Obviously, you know where WE are, and if you dig this place enough to keep checking in, welcome to the JN family, baby. It's alllll about having some fun and talking football, ferchristsakes.

There is no high moral ground to be taken in this thing, and quite frankly, I don't ever view our existence as being in competiton with JI. Ever. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Sean's success at JI has zero effect on our "success" here. If Sean gets 1000 new posters tomorrow, we don't lose a penny, so what's the fuss? Max and I don't get paid from this. We don't solicit money. We do this as a hobby to d!ck around. So, IMO, this competition angle rings hollow for me. Please, check out JI. There's a lot of good posters there. Learn something. Have some fun. Then check out TheGangGreen.com, and then nyjetschat.com, and then Mike's greenhouse, and then nyjetsfan.com. Obviously, you know where WE are, and if you dig this place enough to keep checking in, welcome to the JN family, baby. It's alllll about having some fun and talking football, ferchristsakes.

Post of the week.

There is no high moral ground to be taken in this thing, and quite frankly, I don't ever view our existence as being in competiton with JI. Ever. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Sean's success at JI has zero effect on our "success" here. If Sean gets 1000 new posters tomorrow, we don't lose a penny, so what's the fuss? Max and I don't get paid from this. We don't solicit money. We do this as a hobby to d!ck around. So, IMO, this competition angle rings hollow for me. Please, check out JI. There's a lot of good posters there. Learn something. Have some fun. Then check out TheGangGreen.com, and then nyjetschat.com, and then Mike's greenhouse, and then nyjetsfan.com. Obviously, you know where WE are, and if you dig this place enough to keep checking in, welcome to the JN family, baby. It's alllll about having some fun and talking football, ferchristsakes.

Post of the week.

Here's my take, for what it's worth. It would be a great world if we could all live as one big happy family. Human nature excludes such possibilities. I don't know the whole story of what went on and don't know anyone involved so well as to "recommend" to them how to solve it. The whole thing is between just a few people. If any of these folks want my advice or help, again for what it may be worth, I'm more than willing. Until then I'll just stay out of it and respect the fact that people have their differences and it's up to them to solve them, or not. Everyone involved knows how I feel about it and that's good enough for me to leave it alone.
... =D>=D>=D> ...very good

Here's my take, for what it's worth. It would be a great world if we could all live as one big happy family. Human nature excludes such possibilities. I don't know the whole story of what went on and don't know anyone involved so well as to "recommend" to them how to solve it. The whole thing is between just a few people. If any of these folks want my advice or help, again for what it may be worth, I'm more than willing. Until then I'll just stay out of it and respect the fact that people have their differences and it's up to them to solve them, or not. Everyone involved knows how I feel about it and that's good enough for me to leave it alone.
... =D>=D>=D> ...very good

Archived