Anthony Spencer- Purdue #1?

i honestly dont want this kid at #25 i want revis or Blalock at #25. i think Moses is a better fit in the 3-4 than spencer. we can get Moses with one of our 2nd rounders

Moses is dropping like a stone and part of the reason is that he supposedly looked real bad in LB drills. You gonna put him at DE weighing 250?

He should, but CAN he?

Doesnt matter to me - i dont want him and he seems to be the antithesis of a Mangini guy :)

I want Moss, Harrell and Ramirez. Though I think Harrell will be long gone by the time the Jets pick in the second round. If no Moss then Ross or Spencer.

Would this guy be a good #1 pick for us? Can he convert to OLB in the 3-4?

We need a big anchor on the strong side to stop the run.

not really because he is not a natural drop back LB. he is a finness 4-3 DE kinda in the mold of dwight freeney. plus he did not hae a consistantly great career at purdue. he just blossomed his senior year

i honestly dont want this kid at #25 i want revis or Blalock at #25. i think Moses is a better fit in the 3-4 than spencer. we can get Moses with one of our 2nd rounders

revis and blalock would be a reach at #25. jarvis moss or greg olsen should be our pick

Would be a great pick.

Best OLB in the draft.

see above response

Moses is dropping like a stone and part of the reason is that he supposedly looked real bad in LB drills. You gonna put him at DE weighing 250?

actually moses is not dropping as much as ppl think he is.

not really because he is not a natural drop back LB. he is a finness 4-3 DE kinda in the mold of dwight freeney. plus he did not hae a consistantly great career at purdue. he just blossomed his senior year

Actually, I think that Spencer had success dropping in coverage. I think that's more than can be said of Moss or Moses. Moss may have more upside and be a better pure pass rusher, but I'd actually feel safer with Spencer. I think his main issue is that he's short. Moss has some health concerns, may be a little weak and will have more work to adapt to OLB.

actually moses is not dropping as much as ppl think he is.

Depends where you had him to begin with. Coming into the season I believe he and Gaines Adams were basically the top DEs. He's dropped a hell of a long way and didn't help himself at the combine. I'd be very shocked if he goes in the first and not all excited about getting him in the 2nd-though he'd probably be good value now that our picks are down low.

Actually, I think that Spencer had success dropping in coverage. I think that's more than can be said of Moss or Moses. Moss may have more upside and be a better pure pass rusher, but I'd actually feel safer with Spencer. I think his main issue is that he's short. Moss has some health concerns, may be a little weak and will have more work to adapt to OLB.

Depends where you had him to begin with. Coming into the season I believe he and Gaines Adams were basically the top DEs. He's dropped a hell of a long way and didn't help himself at the combine. I'd be very shocked if he goes in the first and not all excited about getting him in the 2nd-though he'd probably be good value now that our picks are down low.

spencer hardly ever dropped into coverage. and moss is much more refined as a player than spencer is. spencer is a freeney type. watch some highlights and than make any judgment. moss completely blew out all competion for 3-4 OLB spot at combine.

moses will not fall to us in the second round thats for sure. he still is a high second round pick

spencer hardly ever dropped into coverage. and moss is much more refined as a player than spencer is. spencer is a freeney type. watch some highlights and than make any judgment. moss completely blew out all competion for 3-4 OLB spot at combine.

moses will not fall to us in the second round thats for sure. he still is a high second round pick

So was Jonathan Scott. Think he went in round 5.

So was Jonathan Scott. Think he went in round 5.

i dont see how he falls out of 2nd round. he has not failed any drug tests, he has never gotten arrested. and he has no character issues. the only knock on the guy is that he has motivation problems. lot of ppl have those problems. i have motivation problem and then max pm's me and i start to concentrate again

i dont see how he falls out of 2nd round. he has not failed any drug tests, he has never gotten arrested. and he has no character issues. the only knock on the guy is that he has motivation problems. lot of ppl have those problems. i have motivation problem and then max pm's me and i start to concentrate again

I never said he'd fall out of the 2nd round. But he will not have as much of an impact on the team as someone on the OL, DL, LB, or a CB. All that might happen is some yards getting redistributed.

Look. Chad threw for 3352 yards. A little over 2700 of them went to players in the starting lineup (Coles, Cotchery, Baker, and the RB's), with the balance going to backup WR's/TE's. You are assuming that the same # of yards will go to Coles/Cotchery and an additional 500+ yards will go to this rookie TE. In reality, we'd end up with the same yards but they will just get redistributed differently. Say instead of Coles 1100 + Cotchery 1000 + Baker 300 we end up with Coles 1000 + Cotchery 900 + Olsen 650. If Olsen was a much bigger factor than that, it might look like Coles + Cotchery 1800 + Olsen 800. It might add 100-200 yds per year on the total, but you're talking about an additional 10 yards per game. Pennington is not going to suddenly become a 3800-4000 yard gunslinger because we now have Olsen. The total passing yards, and passing yards per attempt, will still be about the same in the end. They'll just get distributed differently.

Or is it your position that with Olsen that it will open everything up like Moses parting the Red Sea? And with him that Coles will have 1200+ yards, Cotchery 1100+, and Olsen 800+ (3300 to those 3 receivers)? And then another 400+ to the backs & 400 more to the other WR's? That's absurd.

You think that when TE's like Gates, Gonzo, Crumpler, Shockey, etc get all those receiving yards it simply adds to the team total? Wrong. It's just getting redistrubuted from the WR's to the TE. Those 4 above were the pro-bowl TE's this past season. How many total yards went to their starting WR's? Not one of those teams sniffed at the 2000+ yards that Coles/Cotchery racked up. The same goes for any team without a gunslinger QB. Look at Washington (Cooley), Baltimore (Heap), Philly (Smith), etc. It would be no different here.

Our receivers are more than adequate to be a dangerous passing game with a legit-armed QB. Greg Olsen will not turn our offense into the Colts' offense. You need Peyton Manning for that.

The Jets need to improve their pass rush, I could definately see a pick like this happenning - and if it did, I would have no problems with it, the guy is a serious player and was one of the best pure pass rushers in Mobile. Kinda like Suggs he doesn't have ideal numbers physically but he just knows how to get to the QB. Coupled with Thomas could be very fierce.

Plus he's been rocking a hairdo he calls the "fro hawk" the last few months, you gotta love that.

Archived